Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Sorry to hear this Larry! Would definitely find a new SA. Good luck.
sadly its too late - the damage is done!
Old 08-29-2020, 07:28 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

This is crazy.

I checked today and I'm still at V200 which seems strange; perhaps there is a glitch.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
This is crazy.

I checked today and I'm still at V200 which seems strange; perhaps there is a glitch.
I will know more on Monday when I talk directly to Exclusiv, but I fear that it may be correct the the PTS window closes with Jan builds ... watch this space
Old 08-30-2020, 12:29 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

PTS will reopen. They still have to expand the list of color choices, unless of course something has changed ....
Old 08-30-2020, 02:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
PTS will reopen. They still have to expand the list of color choices, unless of course something has changed ....
yep, but not much use to me unless I can push my build out ...
Old 08-30-2020, 05:32 PM
owls14
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the unfortunate turn of events.

What did your SA tell you when you asked him why he did not put in the internal PTS code?

Did you already get a rejection from PORSCHE for your PTS color?
Old 08-30-2020, 05:34 PM
owls14
7th Gear

What did your SA tell you when you asked him why he did not put in the internal PTS code?

Old 08-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by owls14

the color I chose was approved (arrow blau) the problem is that the SA should have updated the order on 8/6 but only did this last monday which affected the position of
my order effectively making it the last on the list and the demand for PTS was such that my request did not make it.

It also appears (to be confirmed tomorrow) that PTS is closed after Jan ...

as for what did he say - nothing ... apparently he has found this process "frustrating" ... maybe he needs a lower stress career ... updating those online orders is SO difficult.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:46 PM
owls14
7th Gear

the color I chose was approved (arrow blau) the problem is that the SA should have updated the order on 8/6 but only did this last monday which affected the position of
my order effectively making it the last on the list and the demand for PTS was such that my request did not make it.

as for what did he say - nothing ... apparently he has found this process "frustrating" ... maybe he needs a lower stress career ... updating those online orders is SO difficult.

I think the best bet, if Porsche is willing, would be to ask if you can be delayed until next window opens. Probably not what you want to hear, but best-case scenario I would think. I have heard of PTS cars being delayed into next model years to be accomplished.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by owls14
I think the best bet, if Porsche is willing, would be to ask if you can be delayed until next window opens. Probably not what you want to hear, but best-case scenario I would think. I have heard of PTS cars being delayed into next model years to be accomplished.
agreed I will know if that is an option tomorrow - another option is to select a std color - I am wondering if the much rumored replacement for Miami Blue will become available in the timeframe.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:37 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Wow! This is crazy. I hate to ask but do you think you might have done anything to **** him off where he might be doing this on purpose to you? Maybe you should skip speaking with your SA and go straight to the GM and at least ask for your deposit back and just cut your ties and go find another allocation with another dealer.

I wonder if you didn't get upset by this whole screw up and you actually took delivery, what would your SA expect you to rate him on the after sales questionnaire? Hopefully, he's not expecting a very high grade.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Wow! This is crazy. I hate to ask but do you think you might have done anything to **** him off where he might be doing this on purpose to you? Maybe you should skip speaking with your SA and go straight to the GM and at least ask for your deposit back and just cut your ties and go find another allocation with another dealer.

I wonder if you didn't get upset by this whole screw up and you actually took delivery, what would your SA expect you to rate him on the after sales questionnaire? Hopefully, he's not expecting a very high grade.
I suspect that perhaps because I contacted Exclusiv directly and interacted with them rather than through him that he might have taken some sort of offense I guess...

I still have his email from 8/6 where he said he would update the order to include PTS, and that was a month after I started the whole effort to spec it ... that he failed on and only updated it a week ago ...

I'm afraid that he has been the most disinterested and uncommunicative SA I have worked with - and this was from day 1...

I already have another allocation with another local dealer lined up, soon enough to get Miami Blue so unless something amazing happens tomorrow when I speak with Exclusiv I will cut my losses and
go with the other allocation for Oct build (instead of January)
Old 08-30-2020, 08:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

The thing is - I got this allocation directly from the GM of the dealership (with some help from a very good friend) ...
Old 08-30-2020, 08:49 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

I suspect that perhaps because I contacted Exclusiv directly and interacted with them rather than through him that he might have taken some sort of offense I guess...

I still have his email from 8/6 where he said he would update the order to include PTS, and that was a month after I started the whole effort to spec it ... that he failed on and only updated it a week ago ...

I'm afraid that he has been the most disinterested and uncommunicative SA I have worked with - and this was from day 1...

I already have another allocation with another local dealer lined up, soon enough to get Miami Blue so unless something amazing happens tomorrow when I speak with Exclusiv I will cut my losses and
go with the other allocation for Oct build (instead of January)
You don't think you can find another dealer that has an available January PTS slot to take? If you really want PTS, why not go that route instead of settling on MB? Hope it works out for you. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

You don't think you can find another dealer that has an available January PTS slot to take? If you really want PTS, why not go that route instead of settling on MB? Hope it works out for you. Good luck.
Nope all the factory PTS slots are filled, the only way there would be a "vacancy" would be if an already approved customer build dropped out ... that's a unicorn

I'll see what Exclusiv say in the am

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order