Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 03:57 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
exactly - I could roll the dice and push the build back to March in the hope that I get PTS, but if I dont, I will have missed the opportunity to get Miami Blue ... I could choose Gentian or Yellow - but for now I think Miami is my alternate to Arrow Blue

on the upside - I just saved $12380!!!

good question, who knows I dont even think PCNA does ... I could keep pushing it out in the hope of getting it - which I guess is non-zero but is it worth the wait?

I'm not sure it is when I can have a car by Dec/Jan ...

BTW all of a sudden it seems as though "everyone" has a Miami Blue car on their lots ... two local dealers just got GT4's in ... going to see one now to experience the color "in-person" - this will drive my decision!
I think MB is a great color. When I first started researching it, people were describing it as light blue with very little green in it. I think that threw off my wife and I in terms of what we were expecting to see when we visited dealer lots. I wish people would have just said it's turquoise/teal/tiffany blue color because describing it like that sets in your mind what kind of blue it really is. To say light blue with a little green (although I know that is what turquoise/teal/tiffany blue technically is) still didn't prepare us properly. It's like how people say Mexico Blue has a little hint of red in it. Haven't see it in person except on those little frog samples but we couldn't see the hint of red. Maybe I'm color blind. I don't know.

In any case, I do like how it can change shades in different lighting situations from a "light blue" to the turquoise/teal/tiffany blue in other lights. Kind of like how Chalk "changes" color in different lights.

It is cheaper so you'll be saving money and you don't see very many light blue/turquoise/teal colored cars these days so you will standout. It's a very fun color on a fun car.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:27 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

The way the GM at my dealer told me how PTS works is that PAG has X slots per model per year for PTS and they are very limited.
Each region gets X amount of slots per quarter and they usually dont have a clear vision what they will get.
They can request a slot but there no guarantee they will get it....its a real mess not to mention the outrageous price increase for paint from an approved list.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:39 PM
ff2kracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 34 Posts

Notified today that my PTS (Oslo Blue) + CXX Spyder was accepted by PAG for Jan '21 (was a December allocation that didn't make the cut last month). Details added to the gSheet.
The following users liked this post:
JPMD (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 04:55 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ff2kracer
Notified today that my PTS (Oslo Blue) + CXX Spyder was accepted by PAG for Jan '21 (was a December allocation that didn't make the cut last month). Details added to the gSheet.
Nice CXX options. I didn't know you could do leather for lower dashboard. How much for that? It seems like you basically removed all trace of alcantara/race-tex on your build. I believe doing the door in leather requires a full door customization so isn't it something like $8k+? Congrats!
Old 09-24-2020, 05:05 PM
ff2kracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I didn't know you could do leather for lower dashboard. How much for that?
"Lower dashboard in Black leather" = $4,030

It seems like you basically removed all trace of alcantara/race-tex on your build.
Yep, exactly the objective.

I believe doing the door in leather requires a full door customization so isn't it something like $8k+? Congrats!
Hey, it's 2020 and the world could end at any moment!... "fiscal responsibility" was clearly not my #1 objective.

Last edited by ff2kracer; 09-24-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:39 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

"Lower dashboard in Black leather" = $4,030

Yep, exactly the objective.

Hey, it's 2020 and the world could end at any moment!... "fiscal responsibility" was clearly not my #1 objective.
I agree with trying to remove all of the alcantara/race-tex especially from high touch areas. The seat was my primary concern as sitting on the alcantara/race-tex, I was concerned that overtime, it would matte down or rub off and then look terrible. The second place of concern is the door handle you grab to close the door and the arm rest. Another $8k for custom door treatment was pushing it for me that I couldn't do and the lower dashboard for $4k wasn't too big of a deal for me since you're not necessarily touching this area on a regular basis. As much as I wanted to get rid of the alcantara/race-tex, I actually found the alcantara/race-tex on the lower dashboard to be quite unique because I haven't seen another car with it on the lower dashboard. Keep in mind of course, I don't frequent super and hyper cars so I'm sure it's all over the place on cars like the new GM T50 or McLaren but with this being our first Porsche, it's new to us.

2020 although horrible in many ways due to COVID has also been a blessing in many other ways too. Fiscal responsibility and seeing that anything can happen out of nowhere really changed our thinking in 2020 and we jumped into buying our car a few years sooner than we thought we would. Hey, it's your car and your money. Enjoy it. Sounds like heavy build especially with PTS too. Again, congrats! Can't wait to see your car.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 09-24-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

I think MB is a great color. When I first started researching it, people were describing it as light blue with very little green in it. I think that threw off my wife and I in terms of what we were expecting to see when we visited dealer lots. I wish people would have just said it's turquoise/teal/tiffany blue color because describing it like that sets in your mind what kind of blue it really is. To say light blue with a little green (although I know that is what turquoise/teal/tiffany blue technically is) still didn't prepare us properly. It's like how people say Mexico Blue has a little hint of red in it. Haven't see it in person except on those little frog samples but we couldn't see the hint of red. Maybe I'm color blind. I don't know.

In any case, I do like how it can change shades in different lighting situations from a "light blue" to the turquoise/teal/tiffany blue in other lights. Kind of like how Chalk "changes" color in different lights.

It is cheaper so you'll be saving money and you don't see very many light blue/turquoise/teal colored cars these days so you will standout. It's a very fun color on a fun car.
Well I saw the GT4 in Miami, while it is a little "greener" than I'd like, I think I like it enough to order it!... now I have a dilemma on the interior, as originally I had specced it with the silver dev. stiching and Miami Blue seat belts, but seeing the yellow dev.stitching with yellow belts looks great, but I do not think it works with the interior painted
Old 09-24-2020, 07:25 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Well I saw the GT4 in Miami, while it is a little "greener" than I'd like, I think I like it enough to order it!... now I have a dilemma on the interior, as originally I had specced it with the silver dev. stiching and Miami Blue seat belts, but seeing the yellow dev.stitching with yellow belts looks great, but I do not think it works with the interior painted
Glad you like the color.

Do you have PCCB with yellow calipers? Personally, I think MB is quite loud on the outside and so I personally wouldn't spec the interior to be equally loud. If you do the MB seatbelts and silver stitching, I think that will be plenty. Adding, MB interior trim isn't my cup of tea. Again, just too much loudness for me but to each their own. If you don't have PCCB and yellow calipers, IMO I really wouldn't spec yellow belts and yellow stitching and MB interior trim. Too many different colors on the interior and especially if you don't have yellow calipers, it will be way too much loudness.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts
Default my current Spyder spec...

Glad you like the color.

Do you have PCCB with yellow calipers? Personally, I think MB is quite loud on the outside and so I personally wouldn't spec the interior to be equally loud. If you do the MB seatbelts and silver stitching, I think that will be plenty. Adding, MB interior trim isn't my cup of tea. Again, just too much loudness for me but to each their own. If you don't have PCCB and yellow calipers, IMO I really wouldn't spec yellow belts and yellow stitching and MB interior trim. Too many different colors on the interior and especially if you don't have yellow calipers, it will be way too much loudness.

this is my interior spec

and this is the exterior
Rennolazine (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks perfect !!
Old 09-24-2020, 08:40 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Congrats!
I also have Oslo update on delivery late January No CXX though

Your CXX All leather will look great!

Old 09-24-2020, 09:06 PM
thecreakster
5th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

hello all, updated the doc with my PTS order
JPMD (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 09:18 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thecreakster
hello all, updated the doc with my PTS order
Congrats! Welcome.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:00 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

this is my interior spec

and this is the exterior
Looks beautiful in MB! I would get rid of any MB interior bits (belts, trim), replace with leather trim and black belts. For me, loud exterior trim inside only works with black (non-deviated) stitching. The silver stitching is enough of a contrast for the black. I'd also change the wheels to silver to tie in with the silver stitching inside. Just me...
EnigmaWmn (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

this is my interior spec

and this is the exterior
Sexy. what if u did yellow stitching? To match the pccb?

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order