Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 02:27 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

it’s the AM now.... what did they say????

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Nope all the factory PTS slots are filled, the only way there would be a "vacancy" would be if an already approved customer build dropped out ... that's a unicorn

I'll see what Exclusiv say in the am
Old 08-31-2020, 02:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

waiting to hear from them...
Old 08-31-2020, 05:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

So I am in a "holding pattern" until 9/14 when Jan orders lock .... at which time I might know if I will get PTS or not...
Old 08-31-2020, 07:03 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I'm afraid that he has been the most disinterested and uncommunicative SA I have worked with - and this was from day 1...
It has been an age old wisdom to cut your losses (bad relationships) quickly and let your profits (good relationships) run. I have deposits with 3 dealers and I have a strong feeling about which one will get my business. One keeps texting me about my "GT4 deposit" and I keep telling him it's a Boxster GTS 4.0. The second one was going to charge me for European Delivery then retreated immediately when I called him on his BS.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (09-14-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 07:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
It has been an age old wisdom to cut your losses (bad relationships) quickly and let your profits (good relationships) run. I have deposits with 3 dealers and I have a strong feeling about which one will get my business. One keeps texting me about my "GT4 deposit" and I keep telling him it's a Boxster GTS 4.0. The second one was going to charge me for European Delivery then retreated immediately when I called him on his BS.
I could not agree with you more on this one - my SA has been completely disinterested and uncommunicative from day 1 despite the fact that this allocation came from his GM ... and its down to him not updating the internal order system in a timely fashion that I am now in PTS limbo!
Old 08-31-2020, 07:20 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

I could not agree with you more on this one - my SA has been completely disinterested and uncommunicative from day 1 despite the fact that this allocation came from his GM ... and its down to him not updating the internal order system in a timely fashion that I am now in PTS limbo!
Did you confront the SA about this or did you go straight to the GM? Did either one even apologize for the mishap? So they're not able to give you a concrete allocation and told you to wait until lock in Sept?
Old 08-31-2020, 07:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Did you confront the SA about this or did you go straight to the GM? Did either one even apologize for the mishap? So they're not able to give you a concrete allocation and told you to wait until lock in Sept?
No apology forthcoming - I do have an allocation the problem is that I do not have a confirmed PTS slot for that allocation, which I would have had if the SA had updated the internal order on 8/6 when he said he would instead of last week - resulting in my place on the PTS waitlist being one of those for which there is no available PTS slot
currently

Its not a mistake the dealer or even PCNA can fix this after the fact, it is all to do with the factory order processing - 1st come 1st serve ... so now I'm in a "wait and see" until 7/14 to see if anyone "ahead" of me in the waitlist drops out... very frustrating
Old 08-31-2020, 07:27 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Personally, I would just calmly ask for my deposit back from these bozos and not even express anger. Ultimately it's your fault (responsibility) for the predicament you found yourself in -- you didn't cut them off way sooner despite your gut instinct and hints. Pay your tuition and move on. Get Miami, or the new blue that will replace it, or Python Green, or wait for a new PTS window and if it doesn't open just order from the non-PTS colors, but do it with another SA and dealer. Life is too short.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

going to look at a MB Spyder today ...
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (09-14-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Selo here, Gulf Blue with white motorsports side stripes and silver rims.
So far the blues dominate, which is no surprise considering the accepted list is really heavy on the blue tones. Kind of surprised no Mexico or Riviera yet.
For what it's worth, I have a Cobra replica being built that I'm going with Licht grun - not generally big on personalized plates but I'm contemplating "DRNGO95" for the Cobra.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Selo
Selo here, Gulf Blue with white motorsports side stripes and silver rims.
So far the blues dominate, which is no surprise considering the accepted list is really heavy on the blue tones. Kind of surprised no Mexico or Riviera yet.
For what it's worth, I have a Cobra replica being built that I'm going with Licht grun - not generally big on personalized plates but I'm contemplating "DRNGO95" for the Cobra.
what month is your build?
Old 09-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

....... So, lovely news! I received a voicemail from PCNA just moments ago that they're not sure what happened but they must have gotten their wires crossed with Germany, and NO MORE Spyder Soup for me! Per PCNA, Spyder slots very limited for 2021, so best chance of making it happen for me is 4/2021.
Bummer, but good thing I still have perfect 981 Spyder to tide me over. Maybe a nice new color or two by April, even if I can't get PTS. My top choices weren't available anyway.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

....... So, lovely news! I received a voicemail from PCNA just moments ago that they're not sure what happened but they must have gotten their wires crossed with Germany, and NO MORE Spyder Soup for me! Per PCNA, Spyder slots very limited for 2021, so best chance of making it happen for me is 4/2021.
Bummer, but good thing I still have perfect 981 Spyder to tide me over. Maybe a nice new color or two by April, even if I can't get PTS. My top choices weren't available anyway.
I think you fell afoul of the same problem I encountered ... sorry to hear this
Old 09-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
You don't think you can find another dealer that has an available January PTS slot to take? If you really want PTS, why not go that route instead of settling on MB? Hope it works out for you. Good luck.
I dont think you fully comprehend what the process (and my dilemma) is; firstly dealers do not have PTS allocations, they just have allocations that they can, during order placement, request the factory for PTS, the factory only has a certain number
of PTS build slots in their monthly production schedules, if the 3 of PTS requests exceeds the available # of slots, those at the end of the line get bumped, until the PTS "window" (the months during which PTS requests are
accepted) closes, which is what appears to be happening with Jan...

So unless some Jan slots open up because existing customer drop, and/or the PTS window is extended beyond Jan "I'm screwed"...

had my lame *** SA @ Fremont Porsche updated the internal order in a timely fashion, as opposed to a week ago when I and Exclusiv reminded him yet again to do so ... I would not have been at the end of the line.

faced with this uncertainty the choice was grab the allocation for the Nov build which is the last month for Miami Blue, or wait in the hope that I might get PTS ... and in truth, if I do get a slot in a couple of weeks
I can always pull my deposit and switch "back"...
Old 09-01-2020, 09:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Oh no! So did PCNA tell you 4/202 would be your best bet or is that your guess?

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order