Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 09:42 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Here are a couple of pics a dealer sent me today of an incoming PTS...no more info until the end of the week:

The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 10:36 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Here are a couple of pics a dealer sent me today of an incoming PTS...no more info until the end of the week:

Customer car or for sale? Looks like Oslo. Too bad it's PDK. Too many 4.0's in PDK, what a shame.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

You know as much as I do! I will post more at the end of the week when I find out; however, when I saw the PDK I decided to post it here since I have zero interest now!
Old 03-11-2021, 06:43 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

I am now a V210 with an April 8 build date and arrival in Jacksonville, FL around the end of May. My SA said the chip shortage is delaying builds by a week or two.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:41 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Count me in as jelly. I thought you were going to hold up your build so our cars could travel together.
LOL, I suspect you got away too many CXX options which is why it's taking longer than expected.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:44 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
LOL, I suspect you got away too many CXX options which is why it's taking longer than expected.
Not even close. You win the CXX options by far. I only got the Houndstooth/Pepita seat inserts and center arm rest as well as seat piping. I did order the photobook so I'm wondering if scheduling someone to take the pictures held it up. Congrats on getting your car so soon.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:59 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubermensch
Late to the conversation to ensure I had everything locked down. 2021 Spyder PTS A5G Dark Sea Blue enters production April 23 with Euro delivery July 2.
Congrats! I did Euro Delivery on a BMW almost fifteen years ago. Great experience!
Old 03-12-2021, 11:48 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Not even close. You win the CXX options by far. I only got the Houndstooth/Pepita seat inserts and center arm rest as well as seat piping. I did order the photobook so I'm wondering if scheduling someone to take the pictures held it up. Congrats on getting your car so soon.
I didn't even realize houndstooth was an option. That's going to look amazing! I wish there was a list of CXX that is officially available.

Have you heard back from the photo book? I ordered one too but haven't received any word after submitting the form.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 12:14 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skafia
I didn't even realize houndstooth was an option. That's going to look amazing! I wish there was a list of CXX that is officially available.

Have you heard back from the photo book? I ordered one too but haven't received any word after submitting the form.
Those CXX options are like ordering off the secret menu at In-N-Out. I only found out about it when I came across a build on You Tube. Funny thing, it was a video about a Riviera Blue 911 that had the Houndstooth/Pepita insert with set piping. I showed my wife and she LOVED it. It's actually a video I linked in my Riviera Blue thread if you're curious to what it looks like. I originally asked for Pasha but Porsche came back and said no go. They don't have that fabric. They gave me 2 or 3 other fabric options if I remember correctly.

The only other CXX option I considered was changing the door sill light. I originally ordered Miami Blue and I read on a thread that you could change it to a light blue to "match" Miami Blue. After changing to Riviera Blue and paying the PTS charge and then Houndstooth/Pepita inserts, Houndstooth/Pepita center arm rest, and seat piping, we decided to cancel the blue light door sill. I believe you have the custom light on your build correct? Looking forward to seeing all of the custom details on your car.

On the photobook, I did receive an email back early on confirming they got my request/order. I followed up with a question to confirm that the photobook will include my CXX options and they responded to confirm. You may want to double check on that. Didn't know you ordered the phtotobook too.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 03-12-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Photobook? What the hey? Gotta call my dealer!
Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

I’m ready to make it official as it’s V250:

1. needmoregarage
2. GT4
3. allocation month Feb 21
4. production date 3/26/21
5. delivery date 5/21/21
6. V 250
7. dealer location PA
8. paint color Slate Grey (lighter of the two Slate Greys)
9. paint code Y97
10. transmission PDK
11. Brakes/Calipers PCCB yellow caliper
12. wheel color Platinum
13. LWBS
14. CXX options none

Order was placed in Oct. Official allocation was secured in Nov for a Feb slot.
Order locked almost immediately as soon as Porsche approved the color.
It’s been a LONG wait.

My 981GT4 just celebrated its fifth birthday (3/17/2016)! It’s in the garage but I have a sales agreement and it’ll depart likely in the next month. That order happened quite a bit faster (ordered early Nov delivered mid April)

The dealer just informed me that the production week just changed to one week later. It could still be later or earlier and I’m not concerned either way. This is my first PTS car. It wasn’t a tough color choice. At the time two of my top three colors weren’t on the approved list and I’ve always loved Slate Gray.

While I might sometimes miss the manual I am looking forward to the PDK for several reasons. And I can always drive the 993 if I want to row gears. I expect to keep this one for a long time.
The following 2 users liked this post by needmoregarage:
halfmonkey (03-18-2021), neurotic (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 07:58 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

1. needmoregarage
2. GT4
5. delivery date 5/21/21
6. V 250
7. dealer location PA
9. paint code Y97
10. transmission PDK
12. wheel color Platinum
13. LWBS
14. CXX options none

It’s been a LONG wait.

My 981GT4 just celebrated its fifth birthday (3/17/2016)! It’s in the garage but I have a sales agreement and it’ll depart likely in the next month. That order happened quite a bit faster (ordered early Nov delivered mid April)

The dealer just informed me that the production week just changed to one week later. It could still be later or earlier and I’m not concerned either way. This is my first PTS car. It wasn’t a tough color choice. At the time two of my top three colors weren’t on the approved list and I’ve always loved Slate Gray.

While I might sometimes miss the manual I am looking forward to the PDK for several reasons. And I can always drive the 993 if I want to row gears. I expect to keep this one for a long time.
Congrats! I’m happy for you. Looks like a great spec and I’m dying to see the lighter slate grey!
Old 03-18-2021, 08:06 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

1. needmoregarage
2. GT4
5. delivery date 5/21/21
6. V 250
7. dealer location PA
9. paint code Y97
10. transmission PDK
12. wheel color Platinum
13. LWBS
14. CXX options none

It’s been a LONG wait.

Congrats on V250! I've updated your information.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:47 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4MF
Congrats! I’m happy for you. Looks like a great spec and I’m dying to see the lighter slate grey!
ME TOO!!!!
Congrats on V250! I've updated your information.
Thanks halfmonkey! I appreciate all the effort you put into the database. I’ve referred to it many times over the past several months and I know I’ll visit more into the future!

Kim from P1 sent insert samples. I’m deciding between a few and look forward to making the interior a bit more unique. I love “battleship” Grey cars I’m okay with a little yellow accent but didn’t want yellow belts or stitching and went with silver. But I want to tie the yellow calipers into the interior and I believe Kim’s product will do so nicely along with providing a little more comfort (I’m choosing memory foam). I was going to go with 18 way initially but honestly it was for my husband who has a really bad back. He encouraged me to spec it for ME (as he'll likely not spend much time in it regardless of which seat). So I changed them to LWB. The dealer had to go up the food chain as it had already locked, but he got it done.

I also chose sport chrono (a first for me). Here’s the build which still shows the 18 way seats but they are confirmed LWB:

Gratuitous internet pic of what my paint might look like but I’ve seen different photos of the slates and they look different depending on light. I chose platinum wheels as I prefer the “monolithic” look and I think they’ll be closest in color to the paint.
After seeing the other slate cars here on RL I’m thinking my paint will look lighter than this. Can’t wait to find out

Photo^ provided by dealer to help me decide

Last edited by needmoregarage; 03-18-2021 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:54 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Y97 for me. Looking forward to seeing the stealthy machine.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order