Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 06:20 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Viola metallic on a boat this week.
Congrats! Won't be long now. Is that V331?
Old 02-24-2021, 06:25 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackland
In normal times how long after you sign all of the paperwork with the dealer do you hear from Porsche with information about when the vehicle goes into production? Do they send you an email?
Porsche doesn't send you any communication as it will all come from your SA and depending how proactive your SA is will determine how many emails/communications you receive on your car's build progress.

As for the timeframe, that all depends on when you sign paperwork and when your build month is scheduled for. Once your car's build has been updated to V200, I believe you can ask your SA to provide you a printout of your build schedule. If you haven't done so already, you'll want to contact your SA and ask for your V Status and ask for the vehicle locked date as this is when you're no longer able to make any changes to the car in case you're still going back and forth on some options.
The following users liked this post:
blackland (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 06:36 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 619 Posts

Be aware that vehicles can lock without notice and significantly earlier than the “lock date”. Especially PTS although I also had that happen on a non PTS build. I suggest when you enter your spec to get it right as early as possible to avoid disappointment. PTS can lock months before production.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:10 PM
Charlene
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, mine has changed several times in the last couple months. I received confirmation yesterday that it has finally entered Emden for processing.

halfmonkey (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 01:12 PM
Momentum Worx
Former Vendor

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Viola metallic on a boat this week.
Oh boy. I love me a purple Porsche.

Can't wait for photos.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:46 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charlene
Yes, mine has changed several times in the last couple months. I received confirmation yesterday that it has finally entered Emden for processing.
Congrats! I noticed your car was in production for a long time. I'm guessing the chip shortage affected Porsche as many people also reported delays but it seems that maybe Porsche is getting their supplies now.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:13 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Be aware that vehicles can lock without notice and significantly earlier than the “lock date”. Especially PTS although I also had that happen on a non PTS build. I suggest when you enter your spec to get it right as early as possible to avoid disappointment. PTS can lock months before production.
Yes - mine locked w no warning what so ever. I was so I happy that we could add one option, Apple CarPlay.
bvita (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 01:17 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

The last document I received from the dealer had me at V150, so I guess this means Porsche got the build?
Old 02-26-2021, 03:20 PM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Just a quick update on my Oslo Blue GT4, which went to V215 last week. I had a couple of surprises on the CXX option front. PAG said "nein" to painting the side-view mirror arms in PTS and deviated stitching on alcantara visors. They're apparently still feasibility-testing the visors, so it's possible that will come through before my car enters production. So as of now, my CXX options are (i) headlamp washers in PTS, (ii) rear logo in PTS; and (iii) keys painted in PTS. Love seeing the Oslo Blue Spyder(s) that have been posted so far, but it's not making my wait any easier.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:25 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,649 Likes on 2,076 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
Just a quick update on my Oslo Blue GT4, which went to V215 last week. I had a couple of surprises on the CXX option front. PAG said "nein" to painting the side-view mirror arms in PTS and deviated stitching on alcantara visors. They're apparently still feasibility-testing the visors, so it's possible that will come through before my car enters production. So as of now, my CXX options are (i) headlamp washers in PTS, (ii) rear logo in PTS; and (iii) keys painted in PTS. Love seeing the Oslo Blue Spyder(s) that have been posted so far, but it's not making my wait any easier.
Give Frank at Exclusive Design a call on visors. The work will be same as OEM/CXX and likely cheaper; suspect much cheaper.

Google the sun visor thread this sub forum for more.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:37 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Thanks for sharing your updates. I've updated the spreadsheet.

Remind me again how much were the painted key cheeks? Will both keys be painted or just one? I sometimes feel like this might be the one regret I have but I remember the cost was something like $500 or $600 and then I say oh, I remember why I passed but I can't help but think how cool they look based on the photos I've seen of people posting their painted key cheeks.

Out of curiosity, how much was the painted headlamp washer in PTS?
Old 02-26-2021, 03:43 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 619 Posts

Congrats and good luck!

I’m curious if your revised PTS items total cost meets the $3000 CXX minimum (on top of the cost of PTS).
Old 02-26-2021, 04:06 PM
FRIZ
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

They charged me $2030 for Safety bars PTS and $775 for keys PTS , Had to eat $195 to get to the $3000 CXX Minimum
Old 02-26-2021, 04:51 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by blackland
The last document I received from the dealer had me at V150, so I guess this means Porsche got the build?
Yes, congrats!

At status V150, you got the commission number/allocation and once PAG figure out the production slot/date etc, it will bounce to V200 and give you a firm production timeline.

blackland (02-26-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 01:42 AM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Give Frank at Exclusive Design a call on visors. The work will be same as OEM/CXX and likely cheaper; suspect much cheaper.

Google the sun visor thread this sub forum for more.
Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Thanks for sharing your updates. I've updated the spreadsheet.

Remind me again how much were the painted key cheeks? Will both keys be painted or just one? I sometimes feel like this might be the one regret I have but I remember the cost was something like $500 or $600 and then I say oh, I remember why I passed but I can't help but think how cool they look based on the photos I've seen of people posting their painted key cheeks.

Out of curiosity, how much was the painted headlamp washer in PTS?
I’m curious if your revised PTS items total cost meets the $3000 CXX minimum (on top of the cost of PTS).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, all. Very excited about this. I did see the custom visor thread, and I have saved the information. I'm hoping to get this done by the factory, but I'm glad to see there are other good options. Thanks, Shaggy, for tipping me off to this.

The key(s) were $775. To be honest, as embarrassing as it is, I'm not sure if it's both keys or just one. I just figured that if I was paying for the PTS on the car, the extra money (even for one key) was worth it. If you're going to hell, you might as well go to hell in a handbasket.

Painted headlamp washers were $510. But three was an additional $485 charge for ordering paint once you do any PTS CXX options.

I didn't hit the $3,000 minimum, but I was close enough that they waived the difference.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order