Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 09:07 PM
~NorthWest~
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Welcome. Thanks for sharing your build but just a quick heads up as you posted in the PTS(Paint to Sample) thread. Not sure if you've seen my other thread for non-PTS cars but I've posted a link here in case you didn't see it.

I'd love you add you to the database but some of your details are missing. If you don't mind, please check out the other thread and provide me the missing information.

Also, is your car a Cayman or Boxster GTS?
Apologies, missed the PTS reference ... and yes Boxster.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:53 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon H
PTS - yes, see what happens.....
I've added your name to the database as a placeholder so whenever you're ready to share details.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:15 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

I just got word that my car got delayed too. It was supposed to exit regular production on 1/15 after starting production 3 days early and now says it won't exit regular production until 1/29. It's then supposed to exit Custom Tailoring on 2/12 instead of 2/5. Exit Port of Benecia has pushed from 4/9 to 4/23 now.

....I guess my heart is growing fonder...
Old 01-19-2021, 06:32 PM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 85 Posts

While I'm not in the correct forum (ordered a 992 PTS) there's not much activity on the 992 forum with any meaingful PTS info, certainly not as in depth as this thread.

Anyway, where I am is I have a commission number and TYD indicates phase 1, Order Created, with the correct specs for the car. This has been in place for about a month. The color I ordered is on the approved list for 992 so as I understand it, there's not a feasibllity check that needs to occur and I've got no CXX options. What's routhly the time from Order Created you all have seen recently to get to V215 or V250?

Thank you!
Karl
Old 01-19-2021, 06:55 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by svkarl
While I'm not in the correct forum (ordered a 992 PTS) there's not much activity on the 992 forum with any meaingful PTS info, certainly not as in depth as this thread.

Anyway, where I am is I have a commission number and TYD indicates phase 1, Order Created, with the correct specs for the car. This has been in place for about a month. The color I ordered is on the approved list for 992 so as I understand it, there's not a feasibllity check that needs to occur and I've got no CXX options. What's routhly the time from Order Created you all have seen recently to get to V215 or V250?

Thank you!
Karl
Welcome to the thread and congrats on your 992 PTS. Care to share which color you selected?

PTS is such the illusive monster. Information from PAG is almost non-existent so many people have turned to sites such as RL for information. That was the case with me. I scoured the internet for all things PTS. In any case, making sure that your order is submitted with the correct PTS color including correct paint code and getting a commission number is the first step. From there you wait until PAG formally approves your PTS request and when I say wait, I mean you wait.

For me, we originally placed a non-PTS order in early July 2020 and then changed our minds to Riviera Blue 39E and asked my SA to change it at the end of July 2020. We had to get a new commission number. We found out on 10/3/20 that we went V215 and then on 12/13/20, our car moved to V250 so it was a long process. Others may chime in and share different time frames but that was mine if it helps you at all. As noted in a few posts earlier, I just found out my car got delayed a few more weeks so it's expected to leave Port of Benecia on 4/29/21. I'm taking delivery at PECLA so that will add some more weeks until it's in my hands. I figure it'll be somewhere in May or June before I get my car which will be almost a year.

I'm including a link to a thread I created to share my ordering and waiting experience if you care to read it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17090325
Old 01-19-2021, 10:08 PM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the link halfmonkey, I'll dig through it. We're going with Oslo Blue (Z77).

When you say "making sure your order is submitted with the correct PTS color including correct paint code" how does one go about ensuring this, besides the SA telling me that's the color they submitted?
I have my copy of the dealership's order sheet but that's a document between me and them.

TYD lists all the options correctly but regarding paint, there's various codes but they all seem pretty generic. Specifically, TYD lists Option Code 89 Exterior in Custom Color, QUB Preparation for Custom Color, and 24931 Preparation for Exterior in Custom Color. None of these mentions the actual color or color code.

I see from your post above that you told your SA you wanted PTS in late July but needed to get a new commision number. When did you get the commission number and revised TYD? Also, did you find out you got to V 215 by checking TYD, from and email from PCNA, or from your SA?

Thank you for all the background, most helpful.
Karl
Old 01-19-2021, 10:26 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by svkarl
Thanks for the link halfmonkey, I'll dig through it. We're going with Oslo Blue (Z77).

When you say "making sure your order is submitted with the correct PTS color including correct paint code" how does one go about ensuring this, besides the SA telling me that's the color they submitted?
I have my copy of the dealership's order sheet but that's a document between me and them.

TYD lists all the options correctly but regarding paint, there's various codes but they all seem pretty generic. Specifically, TYD lists Option Code 89 Exterior in Custom Color, QUB Preparation for Custom Color, and 24931 Preparation for Exterior in Custom Color. None of these mentions the actual color or color code.

I see from your post above that you told your SA you wanted PTS in late July but needed to get a new commision number. When did you get the commission number and revised TYD? Also, did you find out you got to V 215 by checking TYD, from and email from PCNA, or from your SA?

Thank you for all the background, most helpful.
Karl
Oslo Blue seems to be quite popular. Never seen it in person but it looks fun.

As far as confirming your color, I don't know of anyway to do this except to ask your SA to provide you a print out of it your build. I requested it from my SA because I didn't want to leave it to chance or a possible mistake since if it's messed up, I don't know how I would have gone about acquiring another allocation since they don't do PTS for the entire run of the car model years. On my build sheet, it shows the color name and build code. This isn't the same sheet that I got when I originally placed my order as I think your SA has to go into some other system for this print out. There's no description of what the doc is called but it is dated before I got confirmation from PAG that my color is approved so I believe you should be able to ask your SA to provide it. He just said it's an internal build sheet and he had to copy and paste the information to share with me. Another reason why I recommend you confirm is because as I was scouring the internet on PTS information, I came across a guy that ordered a Gulf Blue car but ended up getting a Golf Blue car. Not good. If you look on the PTS spreadsheet, I learned that there are apparently two different Slate Greys. One is paint code 6601 and the other is RAL 7015. I'm still not sure what makes them different but the folks that ordered Slate Grey assured me there are two different Slate Greys.

So when we updated our order to PTS, we got the new commission number as soon as he put it in. I got a call from my SA and the Westcoast Exclusive rep (because I'm also doing CXX options) that my PTS request was approved and that was when I was told it went V215.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:50 PM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Most helpful, again thank you. I went through your other thread and it sounded a bit like my experience, except I actually really wanted Miami Blue. Long story short, my local dealership's SA essentially missed the window for ordering before it was discontinued. I scrambled, calling various dealers and found a SA in Las Vegas that was willing to try for a dealer trade, got one, got my order in with commission number and literally two days later was informed by Porsche they just painted the last MB 992, mid September, a full six weeks before PCNA told me they were cutting it off. At that point the commission vaporized and we had to start over.

Anyway, I wanted something in this blue range and was leaning really hard on both Riviera and Mexico, preferring Riviera. The SA in Vegas told me about Oslo and actually got one of his customers to bring in a GTS in that color with the interior I've always been set on and I really liked it. Not nearly as bold as MB, RB, or MB but probably works much better with the interior.

Sounds like it was actually pretty fast from commission number to V215 for you. I reached out to my SA asking for screen shots of Porsche's Vehicle Sales and Management Page for both tracking and configuration. I've seen excerpts of the tracking page in other RL threads but not the configuration page, I'm presuming that's where the confirmation of ordered paint code may live.

Best,
Karl
Old 01-19-2021, 11:21 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 619 Posts

Here are the two slate grey (non metallic) paints.

There’s also a metallic slate grey, currently not approved. I’m told the metallic slate is only for 911 when it is an approved option.

As you can see there’s a BIG difference in color, yet both are named the same with different codes.

Y97 is lighter. 615 is darker.

Last edited by needmoregarage; 01-20-2021 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:10 AM
FRIZ
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

I also have a Build Sheet & Commission # but no V-200 status on a PTS Spyder,
Waiting for V-200 then I'll post up the details.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:42 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FRIZ
I also have a Build Sheet & Commission # but no V-200 status on a PTS Spyder,
Waiting for V-200 then I'll post up the details.
Sounds good. Until then, I put your name on the database as a placeholder. Good luck to you on the PTS request and yes, please share details when you're comfortable.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:55 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll play...

Please provide the following information:
1. screen name: roger sf
2. Boxster GTS 4.0
3. allocation month: Oct 2020
4. production date: Jan 2021
5. delivery date: March 2021
6. V code: 200
7. dealer location (US state or country outside of US): CA
8. paint color: Adventurine Green
9. paint code: U4
10. transmission: PDK
11. Brakes/Calipers: steel/black
12. wheel color: black
13. LWBS, 18 way, or 2 way" 18 way
14. CXX options: none
Old 01-23-2021, 07:19 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roger sf
I'll play...

1. screen name: roger sf
2. Boxster GTS 4.0
3. allocation month: Oct 2020
4. production date: Jan 2021
5. delivery date: March 2021
6. V code: 200
7. dealer location (US state or country outside of US): CA
8. paint color: Adventurine Green
9. paint code: U4
10. transmission: PDK
11. Brakes/Calipers: steel/black
12. wheel color: black
13. LWBS, 18 way, or 2 way" 18 way
14. CXX options: none
Thanks for sharing although you're in the wrong thread as this is for PTS (Paint to Sample) which basically means custom paint. I've added you to the regular non-PTS group.

BTW, what interior color did you pick so I can add that to the details?
Old 01-23-2021, 10:10 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry about that. Espresso interior
Old 01-24-2021, 03:00 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roger sf
Sorry about that. Espresso interior
No problem. Thanks for the info. I've updated your info.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order