Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 11:51 AM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Door pulls in orange are a No-Go....they don't have a nylon strap material to match the stitching. Already being tried at my dealer for a 718 GT4 PTS Pastel Orange....any other color I was quoted around $1000 as long as it's on Porsche stock (read used on another model)...closest you wil get is Lava Orange from the GT3 RS 991.1 but it will be darker and more red.
The Porsche Crest on the seats will require full seat customization hence the big $$$$$
I also can confirm there's a minimum amount for CXX options....in my case it was 2000 EUR.
Thanks, jmartpr. Seems like nothing is ever easy.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:56 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

They might do crests separately, and for $900 that makes sense (you can buy the leather for the headrests on an LWB from parts which is what CXX really is all about, swapping parts for you), but I have never seen it done or asked myself.

At $8875 I would get ascot brown leather seats, matching stitching, and with nothing on the headrests at all. I mean it’s insane to spend $9k for leather, but 9k for crests .... although I do know people would paid $4k plus to have the center stripe on their steering wheel in a special color so ....
Old 12-17-2020, 04:32 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

I was told the entire seat has to be customized for the crests, which is why I ended up going with orange stitching and orange Alcantara inserts.

Also, I thought long and hard about Pastel exterior and Lava interior and decided it actually looks good. Since the orange bits are so small, I prefer it to "pop" more... as seen on this Pastel GT2 RS with Lava interior (https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content...it=2048%2C1365)

Edit: Now looking back, there's a possibility that I may have misunderstood? I know my GT3 RS has the crests and price listed was $295 and it was NOT a CXX option

Last edited by skafia; 12-17-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:06 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,027 Likes on 550 Posts

I also requested some CXX options for my GT silver Spyder with classic interior.

I only went with CF centre console, door trim, and dash. Just for reference, LWBS is CAD$6740.

I was going to do Bordeaux stitching in lower door panel, armrest, and grab handle. But it was $11,000. So that was too rich for my taste and didn’t happen.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dyim:
halfmonkey (12-17-2020), wdr911 (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 08:36 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
.... although I do know people would paid $4k plus to have the center stripe on their steering wheel in a special color so ....
I know....I requested the 12 o clock market in lizard green (my interior has the deviated stitching in lizard green) and was quoted $2800. This is a steering wheels they already have from the GT3RS 991.2.....left it yellow.
If I ever decide to change I can just buy a new one from Suncoast for the same amount plus keep the stock one or sell it..
Old 12-17-2020, 08:39 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skafia
I was told the entire seat has to be customized for the crests, which is why I ended up going with orange stitching and orange Alcantara inserts.

Also, I thought long and hard about Pastel exterior and Lava interior and decided it actually looks good. Since the orange bits are so small, I prefer it to "pop" more... as seen on this Pastel GT2 RS with Lava interior (https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content...it=2048%2C1365)

Edit: Now looking back, there's a possibility that I may have misunderstood? I know my GT3 RS has the crests and price listed was $295 and it was NOT a CXX option

Did you get a quote on the orange alcantara inserts? The OEM Lava orange ones are +6k at Suncoast.....or if you don't mind going aftermarket just get a set from P1 Designs
Old 12-17-2020, 10:30 PM
zjolsen
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I put in a on demand order at my local dealership. If I wouldn't of procrastinated a week, I would have an allocation now. Is an on demand order actually going to get filled? Im only a week in on waiting and dont know if I can take 6+ months, and possibly not even have it get filled.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:22 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Did you get a quote on the orange alcantara inserts? The OEM Lava orange ones are +6k at Suncoast.....or if you don't mind going aftermarket just get a set from P1 Designs
It was $8875 for customization of the entire seats which includes the crests, orange stitching and orange inserts. The seat belt passthroughs on the headrests, even though to me it seems like it's part of the seat, was an extra $1940 for a different color.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:56 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by zjolsen
I put in a on demand order at my local dealership. If I wouldn't of procrastinated a week, I would have an allocation now. Is an on demand order actually going to get filled? Im only a week in on waiting and dont know if I can take 6+ months, and possibly not even have it get filled.
Haven't heard of an on demand order. Does that just mean that you're in line for an allocation if one comes up? Like a waiting list?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:15 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

This car has a $100K MSRP to start with and I have to pay $700 to get auto dimming mirrors? This seems like something that should come on the car as standard equipment. I bought my kid a $23K GTI and it came with auto dimming mirrors no extra charge. This is the first Porsche I ever custom ordered, usually I just buy one off the lot, they all had auto dimming mirrors.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:59 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by blackland
This car has a $100K MSRP to start with and I have to pay $700 to get auto dimming mirrors? This seems like something that should come on the car as standard equipment. I bought my kid a $23K GTI and it came with auto dimming mirrors no extra charge. This is the first Porsche I ever custom ordered, usually I just buy one off the lot, they all had auto dimming mirrors.
I completely agree but this is how they do it.

All those cars bought off the lot included the option price and if you look at your Monroney it will be shown as a line item under optional equipment. The only caveat might be a certain level of trim (non GT cars, like a GTS trim level) maybe it’s already included.

We just received our ‘21 Macan GTS built by us, and auto dimming mirrors were an option and not included (part of the Premium Package Plus with several others items). You can say that about MANY options that Porsche charges for that other marquee include in far less expensive cars. As long as they keep selling all they can build there is no incentive to change.

Last edited by needmoregarage; 12-18-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:27 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackland

You also have to look at it the other way around.....I personally don't care about auto dimming mirrors and the other stuff that comes with it as my car main purpose is track use...no need stuff that makes it heavier and more expensive to fix.
The way it's done now you get to choose the options you want and those you don't.....you can't say that about off the lot cars and other brands.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:00 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

^jmartpr I agree regarding GT cars if one wants a “stripper” for the track. But SUVs? Sedans?
Those should come with certain things included IMO.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:21 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
^jmartpr I agree regarding GT cars if one wants a “stripper” for the track. But SUVs? Sedans?
Those should come with certain things included IMO.

Agreed...was talking about GT cars in general
Old 12-18-2020, 08:46 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

I have two BMW sedans and both were custom ordered, I do not remember selecting auto dimming mirrors as it probably comes in a $2K to $4K package that you select to get something like lane change assist (which also comes on a VW car for like $500). I guess I can see the weight savings thing for a GT track car, although I do not know how much more an auto dimming mirror weighs over a regular mirror? Maybe the weight of a biscuit you ate for breakfast before the race, or a plate of poutine if you are a Canadian?

I selected the auto dimming mirrors because $700 is nothing, I guess it is just the nickel and dimming that annoys me. I know a lot of Germans and Austrians and they are some cheap asses even though they have plenty of money.

Last edited by blackland; 12-18-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order