Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 11:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Sexy. what if u did yellow stitching? To match the pccb?
I thought about doing that, as I usually match my belts to the PCCB, however if I want/keep the interior trim in Miami Blue it does not really work for me...

Old 09-24-2020, 11:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Looks beautiful in MB! I would get rid of any MB interior bits (belts, trim), replace with leather trim and black belts. For me, loud exterior trim inside only works with black (non-deviated) stitching. The silver stitching is enough of a contrast for the black. I'd also change the wheels to silver to tie in with the silver stitching inside. Just me...
as with such things they are very personal and subjective, I personally like the interior trim painted and I prefer the platinum to the silver wheels.... YMMV
Old 09-25-2020, 12:21 AM
ff2kracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
I also have Oslo update on delivery late January.
I saw that! Should look fantastic!

Originally Posted by JPMD
Your CXX All leather will look great!
Thanks, I'm fired up!
Old 09-25-2020, 01:26 AM
ff2kracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

this is my interior spec

and this is the exterior
I really like this combination, it's unexpected but works.

Sure, it has a big presence (comments about MB inside being a bit much), but it also has a cool monochromatic vibe and I think the belts + painted trimwork is a super cool combination to introduce color into the interior with.

Too bad you can't do the Spyder script in MB, that would be a nice touch.

Last edited by ff2kracer; 09-25-2020 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:29 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ff2kracer
I really like this combination, it's unexpected but works.

Sure, it has a big presence (comments about MB inside being a bit much), but it also has a cool monochromatic vibe and I think the belts + painted trim work is a super cool combination to introduce color into the interior with.

Too bad you can't do the Spyder script in MB, that would be a nice touch.
that would be EPIC - but its too late for a CXX request - I would also have painted the shoulder belt tunnels on the LWBS Miami Blue too! (or Arrow Blue had I got PTS)
Old 09-25-2020, 03:19 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

@Larry Cable Miami Blue looks so nice!

Last edited by skafia; 09-25-2020 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:12 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Larry, I’d like to hear your view on this statement about Miami blue that it is really almost a miami dolphins color in bright sun with fairly strong green tone which is not as noticeable in lower light where it presents as a more true blue.

Regardless, I have seen miami with yellow stitching and it is a bold look, but it does work.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:11 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

as with such things they are very personal and subjective, I personally like the interior trim painted and I prefer the platinum to the silver wheels.... YMMV
Of course, that disclaimer is implied and understood in these options discussions. I like painted int trim too. I have it in my 6gt3 (yellow against black leather, black stitching) and I love it. IMO the MB trim and belts would look better without the silver deviated stitching — just two-tone black/MB interior. Eliminating the silver stitch would also go with the platinum (not silver) wheels. I also find the silver stitched “Spyder” in the headrest right next to the chrome “Spyder” on the side a bit repetitive — too much “Spyder” per sqm, worse with a yellow “Spyder” stitch right next to a chrome one.

This is all splitting hairs. Very hard to make a bad Spyder combo, they’re all good.

Last edited by hf1; 09-25-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:55 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I thought about doing that, as I usually match my belts to the PCCB, however if I want/keep the interior trim in Miami Blue it does not really work for me...

That may even qualify as objectively not working, period.
The following users liked this post:
EnigmaWmn (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 09:59 AM
GT325
Pro

Received 194 Likes on 109 Posts

that would be EPIC - but its too late for a CXX request - I would also have painted the shoulder belt tunnels on the LWBS Miami Blue too! (or Arrow Blue had I got PTS)
Larry a friend has gt3 in Miami with silver stitch and Miami blue seat belts and it looks great. You can do do the LWBS pass through in Miami aftermarket your self for MUCH cheaper than CXX and will look great.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:29 AM
arudeone
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GT325
Larry a friend has gt3 in Miami with silver stitch and Miami blue seat belts and it looks great. You can do do the LWBS pass through in Miami aftermarket your self for MUCH cheaper than CXX and will look great.
Can you share a link to a vendor that does the custom pass throughs?
Old 09-25-2020, 10:45 AM
GT325
Pro

Received 194 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by arudeone
Can you share a link to a vendor that does the custom pass throughs?
It is such a very simple job. The pass throughs literally come out with a few screws. Any decent paint shop will be able to color match to your gas cap. CXX is close to 2 grand for the pass through. If you can find a fair shop the price should be a small fraction of that cost. Detailing Dynamics an excellent PPF shop in the NYC area did them for me and a friend. I went down the rabbit hole when my wart came black and had the pass throughs done at the same time as the wart. A friend of mine did his pass throughs in Miami at the same time and they came out great as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by GT325:
arudeone (09-25-2020), wdr911 (09-30-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 10:47 AM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 452 Posts

Needs some red stitching to tie it all together
Old 09-27-2020, 03:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Larry, I’d like to hear your view on this statement about Miami blue that it is really almost a miami dolphins color in bright sun with fairly strong green tone which is not as noticeable in lower light where it presents as a more true blue.

Regardless, I have seen miami with yellow stitching and it is a bold look, but it does work.
sadly I think this is a true statement, in overcast/indoors lighting the car looks like a slightly greener Riviera Blue (to my eyes) ... in direct sunlight the green hue becomes more prominent ...

You can see the color "flop" in this video

although I think that in this video, when it flops to Turquoise the camera is perhaps over-representing the green hue somewhat!

I had thought about the Miami+yellow but I dont think it works with the interior in paint to exterior color... so I am going with silver dev. stitching

Old 09-27-2020, 03:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT325

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order