Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dundon "Making the 718 GT4 Faster"

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 01:37 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by edub
So lowly GT4 owner here, watching development go into a car (GT4RS) that is a limited run and often part of garage fleets, I'm interested if you can share your perspectives on how you decide what parts to develop for or not. The comment earlier about not releasing designs until others have produced theirs says a lot, are there other things you can share that go into those decisions?
We’ve had the 718 GT4 development finished for a while. Brakes done, Suspension done. Headers done, Valkyrie wing done. Dive planes done. The only thing left for that GT4 is the rear muffler and we needed to see how the 4RS was designed so we can make one rear section for both. And our carbon splitter finishing up now. We’re evaluating the Cobb AP and with that an intake package can be looked atl

Lots of goodies for the 718 GT4 already available….
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 02-12-2023, 02:16 AM
edub
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
We’ve had the 718 GT4 development finished for a while. Brakes done, Suspension done. Headers done, Valkyrie wing done. Dive planes done. The only thing left for that GT4 is the rear muffler and we needed to see how the 4RS was designed so we can make one rear section for both. And our carbon splitter finishing up now. We’re evaluating the Cobb AP and with that an intake package can be looked atl

Lots of goodies for the 718 GT4 already available….
Thanks Jamie I appreciate the response. What I meant by the example of the GT4RS is there are fewer numbers of those cars produced than the GT4, and likely diminished returns on development efforts of limited run cars. Not having your idea stolen is a concern you mentioned, are there other considerations you can share about what gets the go-ahead to be developed?

'lowly' was a poor choice of words, I felt bad redirecting the discussion which is lately focused on the RS
Old 03-19-2023, 03:37 PM
smithsonga
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted@dundonmotorsports
@Tay101 Those are our own canards that are in development. Initial feelings were positive, but we will have the CFD analysis done in a week or two to determine if the shape and placement are ideal for the 718 platform. Stay tuned!
were these ever released ? Canards
Old 03-19-2023, 03:42 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by smithsonga
were these ever released ? Canards
about 2 years ago yes sir…

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...s-dual-718-gt4

Along with our Valkyrie swan neck wing.

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...ng-kit-981-gt4

great combo for really improving the 718 GT4’s aero.

will release our Valkyrie Full Carbon Splitter for the 718 as well this summer

The following users liked this post:
jwr9152 (03-20-2023)
Old 03-19-2023, 03:54 PM
smithsonga
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

thanks and sorry. Saw it a min after posting this.

I’m actually interested in them for my 718 Spyder.
Old 03-19-2023, 10:51 PM
ced357
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Really looking forward to a splitter!!
Old 03-20-2023, 01:50 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ced357
Need the Valkyrie and our MCS 3 ways to keep the car balanced and the nose out of the ground with the splitter!
ced357 (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 08:05 PM
DC021
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by ced357
Ditto!

Going to round out the package nicely.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:50 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DC021
Ditto!

Going to round out the package nicely.
Get your Valkyrie and your MCS 3ways from us before the splitter, car will be in the ground otherwise!

Old 03-27-2023, 12:45 AM
DC021
Rennlist Member

Get your Valkyrie and your MCS 3ways from us before the splitter, car will be in the ground otherwise!
Running the Verus UCW setup on risers and 500/575s for A7s, will see how they handle the aero... trying not to blow the season's race budget on the street car LOL!

Last edited by DC021; 03-27-2023 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2023, 09:39 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 238 Posts

Been working with Dundon over the past while to develop a Pro-Tune for my 718 equipped with their Header+OAPs and Accessport. The sounds coming from my car now are just crazy and the improvements in output are noticeable.

Here is a quick video a passenger grabbed today during a spirited run on some of my favorite bit of asphalt.

Old 04-10-2023, 01:07 AM
DC021
Rennlist Member

Dyno delta pre/post tune?
Old 04-10-2023, 02:11 AM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC021
Dyno delta pre/post tune?
This is a street tune for now that is focused on driving dynamics along with plenty of data logging to help Dundon see where the engine is responding well to changes and where it isn't. Once everything is locked down - and I think we are getting close - I will likely strap the car to some rollers and see where things landed. My priority is in making sure the car is tuned to deliver safe and reliable power that incorporates the changes (header + OAPS) into the tune. For instance, the factory tune is not particularly optimized for California's 91 octane fuel which does have the ECU fighting knock a lot. With the Pro-Tune we can dial much of that behavior out of the controller resulting in a more consistent behavior from the engine.

Notwithstanding the above disclaimer, I am seeing some trends in the data logs that suggest a pretty decent increase in power above what the car was delivering with just the Headers and OAPs installed.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:37 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

@BabyNSX

Thank you for sharing

I have never used 91 octane, so my views my be different if I lived in California and was forced to do so . . . but, on 93 octane, I feel my ride is dialed in perfectly at present with regard to 'driving dynamics'

In other words, I really enjoy the experience you are sharing - and your satisfaction with the process - but I remain an armchair fan with respect to the AP + tune. Simply not interested in tinkering with what I perceive as near perfection with respect to my current driving dynamics

Eagerly waiting for you to drop $$$ on the Dundon rear box solution . . . I will most definitely remain an armchair fan, as I am not in a position to even drop half of the currently listed $11K on the solution

Avera

BabyNSX (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 12:24 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avera
@BabyNSX

Thank you for sharing

I have never used 91 octane, so my views my be different if I lived in California and was forced to do so . . . but, on 93 octane, I feel my ride is dialed in perfectly at present with regard to 'driving dynamics'

In other words, I really enjoy the experience you are sharing - and your satisfaction with the process - but I remain an armchair fan with respect to the AP + tune. Simply not interested in tinkering with what I perceive as near perfection with respect to my current driving dynamics

Eagerly waiting for you to drop $$$ on the Dundon rear box solution . . . I will most definitely remain an armchair fan, as I am not in a position to even drop half of the currently listed $11K on the solution

Avera
I totally get what you are saying, the setup without the tune is not lacking any drama or performance. I am simply looking to extract the most out of the package while helping ensure that the engine is coping with the crappy gas we get out here. Dundon has been doing a fantastic job going over the logs I've been sending them and dialing things in. I'm very pleased with the approach and care they are taking to get this spot on.

I too am eagerly awaiting their rear box solution
Avera (04-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Dundon "Making the 718 GT4 Faster"