Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Low priority options - opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Gatch
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
No, sorry I should have been clear on the picture, not my car but from Ed's Guard website who does such work. Below is a picture of my car, of course an Alcantara Wheel including the same deviated stitching.

How much was this steering casing column option? Because I noticed the configurator just updated this from $470 (for just the leather, under “Interior Leather”) to $610 (for the leather plus deviated stitching, under “Seat Centers and Stitching”) within the past few days.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:16 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatch
How much was this option? Because I noticed the configurator just updated this from $470 (for just the leather) to $610 (for the leather plus deviated stitching) within the past few days.
OK this is how I got leather on the steering column, the method I choose in conjunction with leather dash and deviated yellow stitching is under 'Interior Leather', option code XNS.

Last edited by Westcoast; 07-14-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:31 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

There’s two options. One is under stitching or whatever at the very top of the configurator. The other is where @Westcoast shows in his pic. The top option ($670) is if you didn’t do extended leather with stitching and just wanted some stitching on the steering column .

Old 07-14-2020, 07:52 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackholescion
There’s two options. One is under stitching or whatever at the very top of the configurator. The other is where @Westcoast shows in his pic. The top option ($670) is if you didn’t do extended leather with stitching and just wanted some stitching on the steering column .
Right I recall seeing it there but figured that the point with the selection in the stitching section was so that you could add a 'different' colour then silver, red or yellow, but at additional cost of course! ($2680)

In my case I already had selected leather with yellow deviated stitching and just want the steering column added, in the end only a little bit more dollars ($540)

leather column in Stitching section
Old 07-14-2020, 08:04 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
Be careful about the stitching on the steering column casing with leather. I was going to order it but it was mentioned here the stitching can reflect quite annoyingly onto the dash gauges.

I saw video of it (I think Janko?) and it is definitely noticeable. So I took it off.

I have folding mirrors and never use it. Potential good thing about it is the lights underneath that you can turn on when you unlock the car, at least in the 991. I assume will be the same in 718.

I picked 2 zone because I found the standard controls looks a bit ‘cheap’ to my eyes.

Dimming for night driving for me. Don’t care for wiper function.

YMMV.
Yup....heard this also about the reflection of the stitching in the gauges. My Spyder is highly optioned, but this is one thing I did not get. At least for me, the steering casing is not that visible when driving.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Be careful about the stitching on the steering column casing with leather. I was going to order it but it was mentioned here the stitching can reflect quite annoyingly onto the dash gauges.

I saw video of it (I think Janko?) and it is definitely noticeable. So I took it off.

YMMV.
Originally Posted by VVG
Yup....heard this also about the reflection of the stitching in the gauges. My Spyder is highly optioned, but this is one thing I did not get. At least for me, the steering casing is not that visible when driving.
I have noticed no objectionable reflection in the gages or on the windshield from the stitching that I spec'd.

I was however warned away from the deviated stitching on the extended dash leather on the defroster vents as this was visible. This is what I believe Janko was referring to, on the weekend a GT3 RS owner pointed it out on his car , said I was lucky I didn't add it there.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:22 PM
Gatch
Instructor

In my case I already had selected leather with yellow deviated stitching and just want the steering column added, in the end only a little bit more dollars ($540)

leather column in Stitching section
Yeah this looks like what I noticed recently in the configurator. $700 CAD is about $610 USD, right? So I guess what I’m asking is, if you order the Leather Interior with colored stitching and you order the steering column casing in leather, does the stitching extend to that or you have to add stitching too?

Old 07-14-2020, 10:21 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yeah this looks like what I noticed recently in the configurator. $700 CAD is about $610 USD, right? So I guess what I’m asking is, if you order the Leather Interior with colored stitching and you order the steering column casing in leather, does the stitching extend to that or you have to add stitching too?
The price depends on what you are building a Spyder, GT4 or GTS 4.0, what are you building?

Here is is from the US configurator and using the Spyder as an example.

If you order the option for leather and a colored stitching from here, example yellow:

Then you got to Interior Leather and chose this option you will get yellow deviated stitching on smooth leather:

steering column in leather with contrasted stitching

At the end of the configurator you can confirm in the summary of options and you will see option code XNS
Old 07-14-2020, 10:29 PM
Gatch
Instructor

The price depends on what you are building a Spyder, GT4 or GTS 4.0, what are you building?

Then you got to Interior Leather and chose this option you will get yellow deviated stitching on smooth leather:

steering column in leather with contrasted stitching

At the end of the configurator you can confirm in the summary of options and you will see option code XNS
Building a Spyder. Yes, but it doesn’t say “with contrasted stitching”...am I missing that somewhere? Or you’re saying it’s just automatic if you spec the stitched leather interior?
Old 07-14-2020, 10:56 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Building a Spyder. Yes, but it doesn’t say “with contrasted stitching”...am I missing that somewhere? Or you’re saying it’s just automatic if you spec the stitched leather interior?
You aren't missing it, it does not say those words on the US configurator, I noticed the same thing about other options, their descriptions can be different, for example the Light Design Package.

I know that the images are no guarantee, but you can see it add the colored deviated stitching when you select that option. Set the configurator to this image, check and uncheck the box, you can see it add the colored stitching. Remember to check for the XNS option listed on the summary page.

See the effect of adding this option when you have already selected a leather interior with a colored stitching

Canadian version, mentions decorative stitching...

US version does not mention anything about the stitching...

Old 07-14-2020, 11:06 PM
Gatch
Instructor

Okay I’m following you now. It does say XNS on the Options Summary page. I’m glad we worked this out and can maybe help others in the future, even if it’s seemingly insignificant. Much appreciated!

Old 07-14-2020, 11:20 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Okay I’m following you now. It does say XNS on the Options Summary page. I’m glad we worked this out and can maybe help others in the future, even if it’s seemingly insignificant. Much appreciated!
No worries, glad to help out a fellow enthusiast!
Old 07-15-2020, 01:14 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
Agree with the alcantara sun visors; it was an option I checked off once I confirmed that everything from the a-pillar up is alcantara in the car with the exception of the rear view mirror assembly and these visors.

I'll have to confirm once I pick up my car hopefully later this week, but I don't believe they're easy to peel stickers like on other cars; I'm not sure they're removable TBH. If you wanted them without the airbag warning on it, I think you have to order them through parts and get the European version. I could be wrong though.
​Are you sure it is Alcantara?

The pics that I saw looks like it is fabric on the A pillar.

Can owners of Spyder please confirm?

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:11 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

​Are you sure it is Alcantara?

The pics that I saw looks like it is fabric on the A pillar.

Can owners of Spyder please confirm?

Thanks.
On the GT4 it is Alcantara which is fabric... the (my) Spyder does not have this on the A pillar.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:21 PM
Gatch
Instructor

On the GT4 it is Alcantara which is fabric... the (my) Spyder does not have this on the A pillar.
On the Spyder A-pillar is it like a cheap plastic or just a plain cloth-like material? Which visor material do you think would look better with that material...Race-Tex or Leather? (Remind me again which one you chose...)

Last edited by Gatch; 07-15-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Low priority options - opinions wanted