Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

SOUL | 718 GT4/Spyder Exhaust Development

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 12:33 PM
Driv200
Racer

Received 296 Likes on 119 Posts

As I near 1000 miles on my GT4, I find myself holding out for my full SOUL system to arrive. I know I will rack up more miles faster with SOUL.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:11 PM
frosty911
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82
Not local to Montreal but if anyone wants to hear a resonated race system with race headers in mid Hudson valley NY you are more than welcome. Loving mine.
wow I hope you have comprehensive neighbours. With the race headers does that thing must bark pretty hard when you started early in the morning. But it does sound amazing according to the sound clips that I heard.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:50 PM
HooosierDaddy
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 136 Posts

Initial impression of SOUL valved rear section.

To be clear I already had the SOUL OAP's running with the other stock components (valves disconnected) and loved that setup. But felt as though the stock PSE was as other described "Hollow". I wanted more sound and a more exotic sound so the Valved Rear section was the next logical step.

Valved system installed and it seemed at first that the original setup was louder, How can that be? I believe the thicker walled material of the SOUL system is directing the sound out the back vs. what the PSE did in resonating all directions. I keep telling myself it's got to be louder but the only increase I've noticed was a boomy drone where the previous PSE seemed to resonate/sing? I don't care about the drone, it is what it is and to be expected if you're messing with exhaust components but the lack of the singing sound was concerning. Then came an overpass... she sings. but Is it louder? I have no frigging idea!

It's the change in interior sound that has me confused because I feel it's actually quieter inside the cabin. I suppose that's a good thing.
The following users liked this post:
Merlotsj (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:32 PM
Merlotsj
Racer

Received 329 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy
Initial impression of SOUL valved rear section.

To be clear I already had the SOUL OAP's running with the other stock components (valves disconnected) and loved that setup. But felt as though the stock PSE was as other described "Hollow". I wanted more sound and a more exotic sound so the Valved Rear section was the next logical step.

Valved system installed and it seemed at first that the original setup was louder, How can that be? I believe the thicker walled material of the SOUL system is directing the sound out the back vs. what the PSE did in resonating all directions. I keep telling myself it's got to be louder but the only increase I've noticed was a boomy drone where the previous PSE seemed to resonate/sing? I don't care about the drone, it is what it is and to be expected if you're messing with exhaust components but the lack of the singing sound was concerning. Then came an overpass... she sings. but Is it louder? I have no frigging idea!

It's the change in interior sound that has me confused because I feel it's actually quieter inside the cabin. I suppose that's a good thing.
I can’t wait for mine to come in reading your review HD - I want exactly that, more exotic sound and not much louder. My valved exhaust should be on it’s way in a couple of weeks, and I have the Soul valve controller and the Big Genitalia mod already.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:53 PM
Roller12
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlotsj
I can’t wait for mine to come in reading your review HD - I want exactly that, more exotic sound and not much louder. My valved exhaust should be on it’s way in a couple of weeks, and I have the Soul valve controller and the Big Genitalia mod already.
Hi Merlotsj! What is your actual feedback for valve controller and gpf gutted? How much louder than oem is it? Any cel? Did you feel any difference in hp and torque? Thank you.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:08 AM
Merlotsj
Racer

Originally Posted by Roller12
Hi Merlotsj! What is your actual feedback for valve controller and gpf gutted? How much louder than oem is it? Any cel? Did you feel any difference in hp and torque? Thank you.
I usually run valves open, on occasion use stock mode. I think the volume of sound is increased a bit, and there are some burbles on decel. No cel, all of the sensors are in front of the OAPs. Someone has a Dyno chart posted before and after, could be up a bit or down a bit, both on the same Dyno but different days. Too close to call by seat-of-the-pants anyways. I like the changes I’ve done so far, just want a bit “more”.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:03 AM
Roller12
Advanced

Thank you Merlotsj!
Old 05-26-2021, 08:07 AM
Roller12
Advanced

A last question Merlotsj, did you install yourself the controller? If so was-it difficult?
Old 05-26-2021, 08:56 AM
HooosierDaddy
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 136 Posts

I left out some details.

1. valves are still disconnected, have the valve controller but have not yet installed it. I’m confident this is why the booming drone is presented. Because like normal I’m using it wrong!

2. power increase? I swear the car feels smoother in its operation at all RPM’s, which could be increased/more efficient power delivery. But around 6k, at WOT I may have made a wee in my pants when it felt like a shot of nitrous just activated.

The rest of the way home on that drive i wasn’t able to give it another full send because of traffic. Hope what I experienced is repeatable because it was an amazing.

Roller12 (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 09:01 AM
Merlotsj
Racer

Yes, I installed it myself Roller12. I did not find it difficult, but I do have a good toolbox and a little experience turning wrenches. I’m not a professional mechanic, but I‘ve stripped a 2 motorcycles down to the bare frame and rebuilt them and built a 944 track car from a street car, doing everything but the roll cage install myself as well as many smaller projects over my life. If you have some experience turning wrenches it shouldn’t be too bad, if your tool kit consists a 3 screwdrivers and a pair of pliers you might want to seek out some assistance.
Goodwood (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 09:26 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 578 Posts

my resonated race exhaust is going on today , anxious to see how it sounds
Old 05-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Goodwood
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 69 Posts

Look forward to your feedback on the resonated exhaust, Did you do the OAPs too? I'm thinking of doing just the exhaust with the stock OAPs.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:42 AM
Goodwood
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 69 Posts

So you have the valves opened and the Soul OAPs on with the resonated exhaust now, and there's some drone at certain rpms? This is what I'm afraid of.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:45 AM
Roller12
Advanced

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy
I left out some details.

1. valves are still disconnected, have the valve controller but have not yet installed it. I’m confident this is why the booming drone is presented. Because like normal I’m using it wrong!

2. power increase? I swear the car feels smoother in its operation at all RPM’s, which could be increased/more efficient power delivery. But around 6k, at WOT I may have made a wee in my pants when it felt like a shot of nitrous just activated.

The rest of the way home on that drive i wasn’t able to give it another full send because of traffic. Hope what I experienced is repeatable because it was an amazing.
Thank you HooosierDaddy and Merlotsj ! I wish you many 6k... Bring spare underwear! The Soul installation guide is not very precise. John Gaidos told me they were working on a more explicite vidéo (1 month ago) but it is still not there.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
my resonated race exhaust is going on today , anxious to see how it sounds
You will love it

Quick Reply: SOUL | 718 GT4/Spyder Exhaust Development