Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Front License Plate Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 05:55 PM
floodtide
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by its gt4
Can someone confirm if the 718 tow hook threads are left tighten? I ordered the USMills but still waiting for the car. Want to confirm if the USMills fits.

Thanks,
It is left tightened
The following users liked this post:
its gt4 (06-15-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 06:43 AM
mattex
Cruisin'

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I used 3M double sided tape.
The following users liked this post:
4MIDABLE (06-16-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 04:09 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 539 Posts

Did anyone with a US spec car notice two really tiny (1 mm) dimples in the front bumper as mounting points for the front plate mount? I haven't seen this on other Porsches, but they are painted over and I asked my dealer who said it came this way from the factory, although they did find it "odd". On some paint colors, one wouldn't even notice these, and their purpose is obviously to properly position the front plate, but on my GT silver it just catches the light. You have to look really close to see them and run your hand over the front fascia to feel them, but they are there.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:16 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by VVG
Did anyone with a US spec car notice two really tiny (1 mm) dimples in the front bumper as mounting points for the front plate mount? I haven't seen this on other Porsches, but they are painted over and I asked my dealer who said it came this way from the factory, although they did find it "odd". On some paint colors, one wouldn't even notice these, and their purpose is obviously to properly position the front plate, but on my GT silver it just catches the light. You have to look really close to see them and run your hand over the front fascia to feel them, but they are there.
Yep. they are there.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:24 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackholescion
Yep. they are there.
Thanks. Good to know it wasn't some type of factory F-up, although they look just too perfect for this.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:08 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

This is the plate mount from my 981 GTS. Notice the flat shelf with the two screws that I used to mount to the underside of the bumper.

I am going to try and use a dremel tool to re-contour the side of the plate mount to fit the bumper profile of my Spyder and attach it the same way. Will repaint GT Silver, of course, to match the new car color. Don't worry, all the exposed parts of the mount are nicely finished!!

Old 06-23-2020, 07:02 PM
s2kspyder
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Can someone confirm if the 718 tow hook threads are left tighten? I ordered the USMills but still waiting for the car. Want to confirm if the USMills fits.

Thanks,
Did you order with the quick release? I think there is no need since we should be able to spin off the plate as shown in the video? I will just order the lightened version if that is the case.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 PM
its gt4
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kspyder
Did you order with the quick release? I think there is no need since we should be able to spin off the plate as shown in the video? I will just order the lightened version if that is the case.
Ordered the QR. Will be taking it off every time I wash the car; so might as well.

Ordered on June 6, shipped out on June 14 and still waiting. USMILL claims it 14 days delivery but I guess it delayed during this time.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:16 PM
s2kspyder
Instructor

Ordered the QR. Will be taking it off every time I wash the car; so might as well.

Ordered on June 6, shipped out on June 14 and still waiting. USMILL claims it 14 days delivery but I guess it delayed during this time.
But it looks like you can quickly spin off the whole plate on the Boxster/cayman without the quick release? Did you see the video? I am also in Ontario but get the car on Saturday. When are you taking delivery?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:19 PM
its gt4
Advanced

But it looks like you can quickly spin off the whole plate on the Boxster/cayman without the quick release? Did you see the video? I am also in Ontario but get the car on Saturday. When are you taking delivery?
congrates!

I guess you could, but qr seems to be easier and less chance of stripping the bolt with on and off multiple times.

i am in Toronto. ETA is July 10 dealership.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:26 PM
s2kspyder
Instructor

congrates!

I guess you could, but qr seems to be easier and less chance of stripping the bolt with on and off multiple times.

i am in Toronto. ETA is July 10 dealership.
Good point, did you order the 718 2017+ edition without parking sensor? I will order it now. Which dealership? Maybe it is on the boat now? Mine came in 5 days earlier. Was only in Halifax for a short time.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:29 PM
its gt4
Advanced

Good point, did you order the 718 2017+ edition without parking sensor? I will order it now. Which dealership? Maybe it is on the boat now? Mine came in 5 days earlier. Was only in Halifax for a short time.
yes, that’s the version I got. I am with Phaff. It suppose to be on the SC. Missed the MH; I assume that’s the boat you were on?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:31 PM
s2kspyder
Instructor

yes, that’s the version I got. I am with Phaff. It suppose to be on the SC. Missed the MH; I assume that’s the boat you were on?
Not sure what SC or MH means but it arrived off the boat at Halifax on June 5-8, arrived at dealership Jun 15th.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:40 PM
its gt4
Advanced

Not sure what SC or MH means but it arrived off the boat at Halifax on June 5-8, arrived at dealership Jun 15th.
MH - MEDITERRANEAN HIGHWAY is the vessel which arrived in Halifax on June 5th.

SC - Siem Confucius is arriving on June 25th.

Which dealership are you with?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:50 AM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

MH - MEDITERRANEAN HIGHWAY is the vessel which arrived in Halifax on June 5th.

SC - Siem Confucius is arriving on June 25th.
Excuse the butting in, but I also ordered the USM mount and also still waiting for it to be delivered by snail mail. Ordered the QR lightened. Same one I hade on my last car. Very easy to pull the pins and leave the plate in your car...JUST REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT THE PINS!!! . If you get pulled, you just say, “thanks for reminding me officer, I took off the plate when I washed the car earlier today.” And you slip it on a put in the pins..takes about 4 seconds...much faster than having to unscrew the tow hook mount.

I am also on the SC...should get the car second week of July. Getting close!

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Options