Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 02:31 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Go blue. Chalk is...chalk.
They are both beautiful. So I chose black! ;-)

God bless,
TT
Old 10-29-2020, 09:02 AM
CaymanMatt
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
What is this ‘winter’ you speak of?
It starts tonight in NH!😞
Old 10-29-2020, 11:28 AM
j2dna
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HydroLogic
oh man, I'm so torn between Chalk and Gentian Blue.... Never had a blue or a white(ish) car before. Usually, I go grey or black. But, I'm stepping out of the norm. I have a 2021 SQ7 on order in an exclusive color: Camouflage Green Metallic.

I need to decide on the color for my Spyder that I am finalizing in a few days. I'm a bit disappointed they don't offer the Adventurine Green so it's between Chalk and GB. Chalk seems very safe and sort of a sleeper. It does show the contours and lines of the car very well but I'm afraid it's pretty white looking and I don't really like white. GB seems amazing but maybe too bright and shiny in direct sunlight. The local dealer has both in the GT4 so will go take a good long look at both and decide.

oh and satin platinum wheels for sure. black is so 2010
I've had the same delimma but I'm leaning towards chalk. I've got till Nov 10 to decide. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either.

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2020, 12:04 PM
CaymanPaul
7th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here's mine, just got it last month, absolutely loving the color

On delivery day!

The following 2 users liked this post by CaymanPaul:
Pokerhobo (10-29-2020), Shawn Clark (11-15-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:19 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,655 Likes on 2,711 Posts

Originally Posted by j2dna
I've had the same delimma but I'm leaning towards chalk. I've got till Nov 10 to decide. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either.

Good luck!
For me it came down to 3 colours, Racing Yellow, Gentian Blue and Chalk, funny enough that was my order of preference too... but I already had 2 yellow Boxster's and 2 blue Boxster's... and even a white Corvette back in the day!

Originally Posted by HydroLogic
oh man, I'm so torn between Chalk and Gentian Blue.... Never had a blue or a white(ish) car before. Usually, I go grey or black. But, I'm stepping out of the norm. I have a 2021 SQ7 on order in an exclusive color: Camouflage Green Metallic.

I need to decide on the color for my Spyder that I am finalizing in a few days. I'm a bit disappointed they don't offer the Adventurine Green so it's between Chalk and GB. Chalk seems very safe and sort of a sleeper. It does show the contours and lines of the car very well but I'm afraid it's pretty white looking and I don't really like white. GB seems amazing but maybe too bright and shiny in direct sunlight. The local dealer has both in the GT4 so will go take a good long look at both and decide.

oh and satin platinum wheels for sure. black is so 2010
This is the toughest choice of all of the car options, I built my Spyder over a hundred times, no other option changed as I went along only the colours mentioned above. I am very happy with my choice as it is the first thing you see when you walk up to your car and the last thing you see walking away...

Chalk is not white, it is noticeably darker in a good way and shows the body lines well, but it is subtle when needed and I really appreciate that it is not metallic and the only colour more forgiving for dirt is silver (which I will never buy). GB and Racing Yellow are powerful colours, strong statements on their own, splashed over the car they can't be missed, if that is your desire. So Racing Yellow dropped off the list first, too bold for me now, polarizing in a way, Gentian hung on the longest but as I was coming from 2 Dark Blue Metallic Boxster's in a row and still with a Macan in that colour I decided it too was a bit dark (like black for car care effort levels), so it too was dropped from contention.

I know this is the GB thread, awesome colour too, but for this round Chalk is the winner for me.

Out of respect for the thread/colour topic no pictures of my Chalk Spyder, for that you have to go here: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post16769723

Last edited by Westcoast; 10-29-2020 at 12:22 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Westcoast:
CDACH (10-29-2020), ISPYA718 (10-29-2020), rjag2034 (10-29-2020), UncleDude (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:30 PM
rjag2034
Racer

Received 393 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
For me it came down to 3 colours, Racing Yellow, Gentian Blue and Chalk, funny enough that was my order of preference too... but I already had 2 yellow Boxster's and 2 blue Boxster's... and even a white Corvette back in the day!

This is the toughest choice of all of the car options, I built my Spyder over a hundred times, no other option changed as I went along only the colours mentioned above. I am very happy with my choice as it is the first thing you see when you walk up to your car and the last thing you see walking away...

Chalk is not white, it is noticeably darker in a good way and shows the body lines well, but it is subtle when needed and I really appreciate that it is not metallic and the only colour more forgiving for dirt is silver (which I will never buy). GB and Racing Yellow are powerful colours, strong statements on their own, splashed over the car they can't be missed, if that is your desire. So Racing Yellow dropped off the list first, too bold for me now, polarizing in a way, Gentian hung on the longest but as I was coming from 2 Dark Blue Metallic Boxster's in a row and still with a Macan in that colour I decided it too was a bit dark (like black for car care effort levels), so it too was dropped from contention.

I know this is the GB thread, awesome colour too, but for this round Chalk is the winner for me.

Out of respect for the thread/colour topic no pictures of my Chalk Spyder, for that you have to go here: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post16769723

Nice ride! I've seen you cruising around the area. I live up by UVic and am patiently waiting for my GB GTS 4.0. who did you use for the XPel PPF? cost? I'm looking at front 1/2 and ceramic.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:03 PM
CaymanPaul
7th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Gorgeous, you got the correct color, lol. I see you were at Homestead, I'm in Kendall/Pinecrest, you in the area too?

Were you at that Porsche event there a couple days ago?
Old 10-29-2020, 01:06 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rjag2034
Nice ride! I've seen you cruising around the area. I live up by UVic and am patiently waiting for my GB GTS 4.0. who did you use for the XPel PPF? cost? I'm looking at front 1/2 and ceramic.
Cheers! Congrats on the GTS 4.0 when is it due? I will send you a PM on my choice for PPF here on the island.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:09 PM
juicedus
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Finally took delivery of my car 3 weeks ago and it spent 2 weeks at the PPF guy but was able to take a quick trip to MI to take care of some break in miles. So in love with this car and bummed it'll need to be put in storage for the Chicago winter.

The following 3 users liked this post by juicedus:
CDACH (10-29-2020), rjag2034 (11-01-2020), Shawn Clark (11-15-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 01:32 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@juicedus Congrats and WOW, the GB in that lightly looks amazing!
Old 10-29-2020, 01:49 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

@juicedus Congrats and WOW, the GB in that lightly looks amazing!
I second WC's emotion! Beautiful car!!

God bless,
TT
Old 10-29-2020, 02:54 PM
rjag2034
Racer

Received 393 Likes on 208 Posts

Cheers! Congrats on the GTS 4.0 when is it due? I will send you a PM on my choice for PPF here on the island.
Looking like mid Jan. Its locked V250 now and slated for assembly Nov 6th arrival Halifax late Dec so I think likely with the holidays and weather etc Mid Jan.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:40 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by juicedus
Finally took delivery of my car 3 weeks ago and it spent 2 weeks at the PPF guy but was able to take a quick trip to MI to take care of some break in miles. So in love with this car and bummed it'll need to be put in storage for the Chicago winter.
Wow that really pops.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:59 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by juicedus
Then don't put it into storage -- winter wheels are the answer. I did it with my BGTS (2.5), I do it with my 911 TTS, and will do it with my Spyder due to arrive in Dec. 4 (already ordered the winter wheels and arranged for my dealer to put them on for my delivery). These cars are winter warriors. I drive them on days when the weather and the roads are clear. I've had my TTS out when it was 22 below here in the Chicago northern 'burbs. My only concern with the Spyder is whether the manual roof will let in too much chill, but I plan to find out by experiencing it.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:23 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Here's another shot of the one at the local dealer. For me, this colour was eliminated early because I've had a lovely Lapiz Blue Golf R for the last 3 years. For the GTS, I plan on going for a colour I've never had before but I'd never second guess someone choosing this colour, it really suits this car (and those wheels in person are amazing).

Quick Reply: The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread