Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Another exhaust sound data point

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 07:05 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
Sounds like something someone might say that wants to sell you an exhaust system
i am us JCR customer and there is no other system close. I like Dundon as well but side by side JCR is as close to RSR as it gets. Also for race pipes, minimal drone which is a plus.
The following 2 users liked this post by porscheflat6:
JCR-Porsche (02-07-2021), mprog (04-21-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 07:09 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sausage416
I spoke with Jonny from jcr ,he stated that with a full race iconel race headers ,opf delete and muffler delete ,the 718 4.0 can Replicate the sound of gt3 with a jcr racepipe. https://youtu.be/0V_Fh0NfloY
this is my 3RS and JCR will be on GT4 because of the sound. Some best engineered, tested and validated products.
The following users liked this post:
JCR-Porsche (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 10:51 PM
frosty911
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Just saw this on Dundon’s website. I Blurred out the price since I don’t know if it’s ok to show it on the forum.

This is going to sound sick.

oh yeah the red “wasted” head I added. not on the website. But probably represent how you fell after a few full throttle runs.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:50 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

After much testing our latest creation the JCR ‘Superlight Race Pipe’ series is now launched and available to order via our website

Full launch thread coming in the next day or two but in the mean time

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNM5_...=1x0avo50hctdv

An image below of what’s responsible for the sound in the video above

Above is our Titanium Non Silenced Superlight Race Pipe in combination with our Inconel 625 Race Manifolds

We have four combinations available, as below

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (NON SILENCED)

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (SILENCED)

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (CATTED / NON SILENCED)

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (CATTED / SILENCED)

And a few detailed shots from the four options we have available

All parts and further info including weight savings can be found at the link below

https://www.jcr-developments.com/por...-spyder-gts4.0

Any questions at all, please feel free to ask

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 4 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
*LongFella81 (04-04-2021), JonathanWalker (04-17-2021), Knutsm01 (04-04-2021), rahtid (04-04-2021)
Old 04-04-2021, 03:47 PM
DocMo
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
After much testing our latest creation the JCR ‘Superlight Race Pipe’ series is now launched and available to order via our website

Full launch thread coming in the next day or two but in the mean time

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNM5_...=1x0avo50hctdv

An image below of what’s responsible for the sound in the video above

Above is our Titanium Non Silenced Superlight Race Pipe in combination with our Inconel 625 Race Manifolds

We have four combinations available, as below

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (NON SILENCED)

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (SILENCED)

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (CATTED / NON SILENCED)

JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (CATTED / SILENCED)

And a few detailed shots from the four options we have available

All parts and further info including weight savings can be found at the link below

https://www.jcr-developments.com/por...-spyder-gts4.0

Any questions at all, please feel free to ask

JC
Thanks for then update JC!
JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (CATTED / SILENCED) is the system I’ve been dreaming of since 10 months.
Two questions, to which I’d highly appreciate your input over the coming days:
1. Does it drone? If yes, in which RPM range and is it as much as stock or as your valved Race exhaust without silencers or more?
2. Would you dyno it? I expect significant torque and power gains.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:14 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
Thanks for then update JC!
JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT RACE PIPE (CATTED / SILENCED) is the system I’ve been dreaming of since 10 months.
Two questions, to which I’d highly appreciate your input over the coming days:
1. Does it drone? If yes, in which RPM range and is it as much as stock or as your valved Race exhaust without silencers or more?
2. Would you dyno it? I expect significant torque and power gains.
The sound with the totally non silenced system is full time crazy. It’s important to know what to expect with some of these combinations

We now have the silenced and catted version on the car, sound is beautiful. Pure race car, sensible volume level, minimal drone around 2200rpm (very manageable in my opinion)

View this post on Instagram

As for power, we will Dyno of course however we have been gathering track data. One track last week and two more next week.

Real world means much more than any dyno, you simply cannot simulate everything accurately enough to test anything but same day on the dyno

We have a huge amount of data on track and acceleration data also, plenty to compare to. Expecting a touch more than our valved system just due to the simplified routing

In any case, it sounds better than anyone can believe (when they hear in person) and the car is faster than ever

JC
josephr25 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:32 PM
DocMo
Racer

The sound with the totally non silenced system is full time crazy. It’s important to know what to expect with some of these combinations

We now have the silenced and catted version on the car, sound is beautiful. Pure race car, sensible volume level, minimal drone around 2200rpm (very manageable in my opinion)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNfITjWl...=14wsmqua2y3r5

As for power, we will Dyno of course however we have been gathering track data. One track last week and two more next week.

Real world means much more than any dyno, you simply cannot simulate everything accurately enough to test anything but same day on the dyno

We have a huge amount of data on track and acceleration data also, plenty to compare to. Expecting a touch more than our valved system just due to the simplified routing

In any case, it sounds better than anyone can believe (when they hear in person) and the car is faster than ever

JC
What a teaser!! I look forward to more sound clips especially from the inside.
The silenced and catted version cannot be combined with stock headers. Right?
Is there a version that bolts to the stock headers?
metalone (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:43 PM
metalone
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 70 Posts

JC
Congrats!, you are really pushing the game up with your latest releases.. If this would have been available earlier I would've been very tempted to go this direction (leaving cost aside, haha)
Old 04-17-2021, 06:16 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

JC
I managed to hear this system on Wednesday and Thursday at Silverstone. WOW!! Its incredible!! Ordered it on the spot.

Well done JC and all the JCR team in this one
Old 04-17-2021, 06:41 AM
DocMo
Racer

Originally Posted by JonathanWalker
I managed to hear this system on Wednesday and Thursday at Silverstone. WOW!! Its incredible!! Ordered it on the spot.

Well done JC and all the JCR team in this one
Can you describe it in terms of volume and tone? Does is sound exotic or raw/racy?
Is it neighbors and police friendly in your opinion?
thanks
Old 04-17-2021, 06:57 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Can you describe it in terms of volume and tone? Does is sound exotic or raw/racy?
Is it neighbors and police friendly in your opinion?
thanks
I believe it was running at 105db and hard to describe the sound but the closest thing id say its like is the full system race pipe JCR offer for the GT3 RS. Its that good I ordered one instantly with JC.

In the UK its fine i dont know how the US police are etc....
Old 04-17-2021, 07:06 AM
DocMo
Racer

I believe it was running at 105db and hard to describe the sound but the closest thing id say its like is the full system race pipe JCR offer for the GT3 RS. Its that good I ordered one instantly with JC.

Thanks. I am in Switzerland, maybe, I should make a trip to the UK to have a listen for myself inside and outside the car before making any decision.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:07 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Thanks. I am in Switzerland, maybe, I should make a trip to the UK to have a listen for myself inside and outside the car before making any decision.
Your more than welcome to have a listen of mine once its done
Old 04-17-2021, 08:54 AM
horns
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

You are saying the catted and silenced version is like the jcr race pipe (non silenced) on a 3RS? Personally I hope not. I have the race pipe non silenced on a 3RS. While I like it a lot, I do t want that extreme for my spyder. I want aggressive, but a level below 3RS with non silenced race pipe.

I also want no transition with a great sound below 4k that you can hear but isn't crazy loud. I'll give up a touch of high rpm max volume scream to get more vol on the low end. My hope is that the catted and silenced system accomplishes that. My thinking is that the cats and silencers will tame the top end a bit over full blown race pipe, but having no valves and relatively small mufflers, no filters, and high flow cats will allow low rpm area to have some bite that is sorely missing with the stock system.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:10 AM
DocMo
Racer

Originally Posted by horns
You are saying the catted and silenced version is like the jcr race pipe (non silenced) on a 3RS? Personally I hope not. I have the race pipe non silenced on a 3RS. While I like it a lot, I do t want that extreme for my spyder. I want aggressive, but a level below 3RS with non silenced race pipe.

I also want no transition with a great sound below 4k that you can hear but isn't crazy loud. I'll give up a touch of high rpm max volume scream to get more vol on the low end. My hope is that the catted and silenced system accomplishes that. My thinking is that the cats and silencers will tame the top end a bit over full blown race pipe, but having no valves and relatively small mufflers, no filters, and high flow cats will allow low rpm area to have some bite that is sorely missing with the stock system.
I think you summarized nicely what I am looking for although I am already getting a bit of this with the JCR non silenced race exhaust alone as I kept the valves always open.
If this set up doesn’t drone I am very likely to sign up for one

Quick Reply: Another exhaust sound data point