Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Another exhaust sound data point

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 10:53 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" as they say. It's extremely irritating to see it happen but inevitable as we're the company that they and many other small operations look up to. They copied our rolled tips and silenced tips like for like but the system is quite different in reality. I see Dundon has had their 991 header system copied in the far east, it sucks to see!

In any case, no silencers and no cylinder mixing in the 'valves closed' route and silencers in the 'valves open' position certainly makes for an 'interesting' design feature.

Companies like these guys tend to come from no where claiming all sorts of wonderful things, make a ton of noise online before quickly going quiet due to selling minimal product and eventually disappear.

I'd give them 6 months or so before the latter occurs.

JC
Ouch. Sounds like you dont like Ben Clowes and i am sensing some bashing here. As I clearly illustrated above clearly its a completely different design. Fabspeed and Tubi have been making x pipes for the GT4 also are they copying as well? Likely not as they have a completely different approach to their exhaust routing just like BC. Im not trying to say anyone is better as I have no seat time with any of these systems. And I am likely to do the dundon setup at some point so I have no skin im the muffler game. But competition is good IMO. Dont see the need to imply the other small businesees need to disappear because they are “copying” you. If you had purchased their product and run it on your car, and it sucked, I would welcome to hear your opinion about it. Wasnt expecting a flat out dismemberment of this guy’s business. If there is something we dont know please share

Last edited by Rennolazine; 11-24-2020 at 07:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blackholescion (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 11:08 AM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Ouch. Sounds like you dont like Ben Crowles and i am sensing some bashing here. As I clearly illustrated above clearly its a completely different design. Fabspeed and Tubi have been making x pipes for the GT4 also are they copying as well? Likely not as they have a completely different approach to their exhaust routing just like BC. Im not trying to say anyone is better as I have no seat time with any of these systems. And I am likely to do the dundon setup at some point so I have no skin im the muffler game. But competition is good IMO. Dont see the need to imply the other small businesees need to disappear because they are “copying” you. If you had purchased their product and run it on your car, and it sucked, I would welcome to hear your opinion about it. Wasnt expecting a flat out dismemberment of this guy’s business. If there is something we dont know please share
Agreed. I actually checked out the BC Fabs exhaust and like the sound of it a lot. I may end up contacting them as I am going to add a muffler to go with my Akra OAPs. Their pricing seems pretty good too, but would like to know if there is knowledge to share wrt business practices, etc., otherwise why shame them. Fabspeeds design also looks very similar...
Old 10-20-2020, 11:16 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Ouch. Sounds like you dont like Ben Crowles and i am sensing some bashing here. As I clearly illustrated above clearly its a completely different design. Fabspeed and Tubi have been making x pipes for the GT4 also are they copying as well? Likely not as they have a completely different approach to their exhaust routing just like BC. Im not trying to say anyone is better as I have no seat time with any of these systems. And I am likely to do the dundon setup at some point so I have no skin im the muffler game. But competition is good IMO. Dont see the need to imply the other small businesees need to disappear because they are “copying” you. If you had purchased their product and run it on your car, and it sucked, I would welcome to hear your opinion about it. Wasnt expecting a flat out dismemberment of this guy’s business. If there is something we dont know please share
I openly said "the system is quite different in reality" in the post above - Only the mounting system, the rolled and silenced tips have been copied. I haven't ever claimed our system has been copied by anyone.

Yes unfortunately there's lots of underlying noise in the background which would give further context to the tone of my response. We tend to just do our thing and avoid mentioning or concerning ourselves with any other company. We simply work hard to deliver the best products for our customers and keep our heads down whilst attempting to avoid any such drama despite the aforementioned background noise.

As I always say, choice is a wonderful thing.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
kj71109 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 11:21 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Given the context of the posts this morning - It appears to me BC might be taking a shot at JCR in their description of the exhaust and why Ti isn’t good.
JCR-Porsche (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 11:32 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
I openly said "the system is quite different in reality" in the post above - Only the mounting system, the rolled and silenced tips have been copied. I haven't ever claimed our system has been copied by anyone.

Yes unfortunately there's lots of underlying noise in the background which would give further context to the tone of my response. We tend to just do our thing and avoid mentioning or concerning ourselves with any other company. We simply work hard to deliver the best products for our customers and keep our heads down whilst attempting to avoid any such drama despite the aforementioned background noise.

As I always say, choice is a wonderful thing.

JC
Thank you for the followup and clarification. Agreed the tips and mounting look similar. Is this a racecar thing or a petented JCR mounting design? Just asking for my edification.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:35 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
Given the context of the posts this morning - It appears to me BC might be taking a shot at JCR in their description of the exhaust and why Ti isn’t good.
Dundon and Kline dont use titanium for exhausts either. Steel or inconel. It comes down to metallurgic properties. I believe JCR uses inconel for the high temp, high abuse areas. I dont think the titanium rear section gets as hot as the headers and they have been racing with it like hooligans and nothing seems to have broken. Titanium is expensive as ***** tho
Old 10-20-2020, 11:56 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dundon and Kline dont use titanium for exhausts either. Steel or inconel. It comes down to metallurgic properties. I believe JCR uses inconel for the high temp, high abuse areas. I dont think the titanium rear section gets as hot as the headers and they have been racing with it like hooligans and nothing seems to have broken. Titanium is expensive as ***** tho
Absolutely, appropriate materials for each area of the system. Titanium headers would be possible however Inconel 625 is a better choice given the specific properties of Ti, how it grows etc. Also the specific grade of Ti is extremely important too, we use Asnex.

Our 718 Race Manifolds - Full Inconel 625

Titanium Silenced & Non Silenced Valved Race Pipe - Full Asnex

JC
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
kj71109 (10-20-2020), The Pinkoboe (02-06-2021), ZZebes (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 12:08 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

FYI, All Formula 1 cars and several top end car brands all use Inconel 625.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:35 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GAZZ
FYI, All Formula 1 cars and several top end car brands all use Inconel 625.
For the manifolds yes but every F1 car on the grid for since the turbo era has ran Asnex Tailpipes and WG pipes

JC
kj71109 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 04:54 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

JCR Inconel Race Manifolds now released and available to order

JCR Inconel Race Manifolds - ORDER NOW

JC
The following 4 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
JonathanWalker (11-01-2020), kj71109 (10-30-2020), porscheflat6 (02-07-2021), Roarke (11-15-2020)
Old 02-06-2021, 12:06 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Old 02-06-2021, 12:17 AM
driftdoctor
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-06-2021, 11:58 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

A couple of good clips there, I would hazard to guess that both are still running OEM OAP's given the volume and bark...

Watching the JCR definitely sounds like my system before I added the Akra link-pipes, great sound with a little less volume.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:51 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
A couple of good clips there, I would hazard to guess that both are still running OEM OAP's given the volume and bark...

Watching the JCR definitely sounds like my system before I added the Akra link-pipes, great sound with a little less volume.
Yes that’s with stock headers and OAP’s

JC
Old 02-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

The BC Fabs power package sounds bananas! Full system with street headers with 200 cell cats and inconel rear pipe. Cant wait to hear it in person

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by Rennolazine; 02-07-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Another exhaust sound data point