Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 10:09 PM
aerohead80
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by side
I was told the refund was due to new dealership policy where they won't hold deposits unless the dealership has a physical allocation for the vehicle, which I think is reasonable. Not what I want to hear a year later, but reasonable.

And no, I don't think they haven't had any allocations in the last year, but am pretty bummed they never even bothered contacting me about any cars coming through.

Regarding being #1 on the list—I actually do believe I was probably at the top last May, but have no doubt they skipped me. How many times? I'll never know.

As far as the 2023 bit—I was prodding to see if this meant I'd never get a slot, and he suggested there would be a 2023 MY, so not completely giving up hope yet.
Glad there's still hope for you on that front...definitely don't give up! So had you told them you wouldn't entertain an ADM or did they just make that assumption? The latter would be frustrating if they didn't at least ask before passing you over.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:12 PM
side
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aerohead80
Glad there's still hope for you on that front...definitely don't give up! So had you told them you wouldn't entertain an ADM or did they just make that assumption? The latter would be frustrating if they didn't at least ask before passing you over.
Our original back-and-forth confirmed pricing would be @ MSRP, and that was pretty much one week before everything went insane related to pricing/allocations over the summer, so from a profit-maximizing-business perspective, I get it.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:16 PM
aerohead80
Intermediate

...so from a profit-maximizing-business perspective, I get it.
Maybe I'm just old school, but even in a prof-maximizing business you essentially had a deal to be #1 on their allocation list for MSRP. Not a "I'm #1 as long as you can't find others willing to pay over MSRP." Seems scummy and if other dealers are doing that then this whole game is rigged. I would at least expect them to ask you about possibility of ADM first because who knows maybe you were willing to go that route if things had changed by that point.
The following users liked this post:
CatVaux (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 10:21 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Is this other people's experience as well? I mean isn't there a way to find that out somehow with numbers that are released or other public records? I would hope a reputable dealer that expected locals to do any future business with them wouldn't be pulling that kind of unethical practice.
IMO they shoot for the best deal for them, regardless of the list. If you’re willing to pay an ADM to get one, or have a desirable trade (in their favour) that shoots you to the top of the list. If you want a car in this environment you have to hustle, be lucky, and be prepared to pay up.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:25 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,338 Likes on 758 Posts

Our original back-and-forth confirmed pricing would be @ MSRP, and that was pretty much one week before everything went insane related to pricing/allocations over the summer, so from a profit-maximizing-business perspective, I get it.

I think what bothers me about your situation is the fact you had a deposit in and they had taken your deposit. Now all of a sudden its dealership policy not to take a deposit if there is no allocation? Even though you are "#1" in line? It sounds just like good ole greed to me. By giving you back your deposit and removing you from the list, it sounds like they still want your business but aren't willing to honor the MSRP allocation. Removing you off the list means the agreement to MSRP no longer exists and if you want back on the list they can easily ask for ADM. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if within the next few months they call you saying that they have an allocation but in order to secure it, you would have to pay ADM.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:29 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,722 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Maybe I'm just old school, but even in a prof-maximizing business you essentially had a deal to be #1 on their allocation list for MSRP. Not a "I'm #1 as long as you can't find others willing to pay over MSRP." Seems scummy and if other dealers are doing that then this whole game is rigged. I would at least expect them to ask you about possibility of ADM first because who knows maybe you were willing to go that route if things had changed by that point.
Lol…someone got a quote a year ago and market conditions changed.

MSRP? That ship sailed a long time ago unless you had a dealer relationship or other variables…for most people.

I wouldn’t sell my house for what it was worth a year ago…why should it be any different with a dealer.

No one is “owed” a car because of a “list”. They are not chronological lists, they’re client lists and are executed by the dealership to benefit the dealership.
*991* (05-15-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 10:37 PM
side
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I think what bothers me about your situation is the fact you had a deposit in and they had taken your deposit. Now all of a sudden its dealership policy not to take a deposit if there is no allocation? Even though you are "#1" in line? It sounds just like good ole greed to me. By giving you back your deposit and removing you from the list, it sounds like they still want your business but aren't willing to honor the MSRP allocation. Removing you off the list means the agreement to MSRP no longer exists and if you want back on the list they can easily ask for ADM. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if within the next few months they call you saying that they have an allocation but in order to secure it, you would have to pay ADM.
I don't disagree with any of that. As plenty have said on here previously, if you ain't V200, you don't have ****.

This would be my first Porsche, and Porsche North America referred me to this dealership after an event they invited me to, so I'd be lying to say this hasn't put a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm not losing sleep over it. It's not how I would do business, but it is what it is.

Do I think there is value on not jerking around someone who is entering the brand in an effort to help create dealership/brand loyalty? Yes, but I also think they're willing to gamble that I'm going to like the car and brand regardless of whatever ****ty process they put me through, and I hate to admit it, but they're probably right.

So dear other manufacturers, if you can create a car that competes with what I'd get out of a GT4 without jerking me around for a year, the inbox is open. Otherwise, I'm still typing on Rennlist
CatVaux (05-13-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 10:56 PM
aerohead80
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

MSRP? That ship sailed a long time ago unless you had a dealer relationship or other variables…for most people.

I wouldn’t sell my house for what it was worth a year ago…why should it be any different with a dealer.

No one is “owed” a car because of a “list”. They are not chronological lists, they’re client lists and are executed by the dealership to benefit the dealership.
I get that the market has changed (look at all of us sitting here paying more $$ right off the bat for MY23s), but they should have at least come back to him and given him the option to buy-in given he had been waiting that long and they had his money.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:11 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

Well, Porsche doesn’t sell your house to you at a certain price to sell to a customer, does it? Nor do you expect the new occupants of your house to come back to you for service on the house, or buy a new house from you in a couple of years.

Last edited by Rasputin.; 05-12-2022 at 11:12 PM.
aerohead80 (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:15 PM
Prime
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 97 Posts

I don't disagree with any of that. As plenty have said on here previously, if you ain't V200, you don't have ****.

This would be my first Porsche, and Porsche North America referred me to this dealership after an event they invited me to, so I'd be lying to say this hasn't put a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm not losing sleep over it. It's not how I would do business, but it is what it is.

Do I think there is value on not jerking around someone who is entering the brand in an effort to help create dealership/brand loyalty? Yes, but I also think they're willing to gamble that I'm going to like the car and brand regardless of whatever ****ty process they put me through, and I hate to admit it, but they're probably right.

So dear other manufacturers, if you can create a car that competes with what I'd get out of a GT4 without jerking me around for a year, the inbox is open. Otherwise, I'm still typing on Rennlist
Have you considered contacting those at PCNA who referred you to this dealership expressing your confusion and dissatisfaction?

Id try and get as much of this cluster fk in writing as you can.

in my experience, not in NA of course, but experience none the less, if you remain factual and civil whilst also putting reasonable pressure on, sometimes you can get a surprisingly good outcome. If you roll over and cop it sweet, nothing will change to your benefit.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:17 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,338 Likes on 758 Posts

yeah I agree with all that too unfortunately. I'm the same where this is my first Porsche ever and while I didn't have the same experience as you and I did manage to secure an allocation this week, the entire process of this "waitlist" and essentially bidding your way to an allocation left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Hope you do manage to find an allocation for a price you can live with!
Old 05-12-2022, 11:21 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
Well, Porsche doesn’t sell your house to you at a certain price to sell to a customer, does it? Nor do you expect the new occupants of your house to come back to you for service on the house, or buy a new house from you in a couple of years.
Apparently you’ve never seen the small print on the bottom of the Porsche Build and Price…dealer sets actual sales price.

I’ll defer to dealer management on how to best manage clients and inventory.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:25 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 496 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
Just got my 2023 GT4 allocation.

9/2022 delivery

As always, JW makes it happen for the common man 🙂
what happened to the other gt4?
Old 05-12-2022, 11:38 PM
JKen_0115
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 46 Posts

If PCNA can see my order in their system and V070, does it mean the dealer doesn’t fool me around or just put me on the list?

When the dealer get the allocation, they can decide how to fulfill it or just take care the people on the list rather than the one in the system. Is that correct?

sorry I’m trying to understand how it work. It’s my first P car.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:00 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JKen_0115
If PCNA can see my order in their system and V070, does it mean the dealer doesn’t fool me around or just put me on the list?

When the dealer get the allocation, they can decide how to fulfill it or just take care the people on the list rather than the one in the system. Is that correct?

sorry I’m trying to understand how it work. It’s my first P car.
There is no limit to V070 Demand Orders submitted by dealers.

Dealer receives an allocation and can allocate it to whomever they wish, V070 or not.

Best to have a relationship with someone in the dealership to understand where you are in the pecking order. How many on the list and state of ADM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker