Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022 | 05:24 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I guess so? I just find it weird you'd be willing to go as far at telling us there is one, but then refuse to go the rest of the way. Just seems subtley malicious for no reason. Why not just help people the rest of the way and help reduce some of the work? You already know the name, so why make people call every single dealership in Canada just to find that one allocation?

I don't know maybe I'm just different. Anyways was just curious. That's it
Children, there will be enough candy for everyone...
Old 05-06-2022 | 05:29 PM
CathalMacIarnain
Intermediate

I guess so? I just find it weird you'd be willing to go as far at telling us there is one, but then refuse to go the rest of the way. Just seems subtley malicious for no reason. Why not just help people the rest of the way and help reduce some of the work? You already know the name, so why make people call every single dealership in Canada just to find that one allocation?

I don't know maybe I'm just different. Anyways was just curious. That's it
You are confused. There are NO unspoken for allocations. I did not find an allocation and then not tell everyone about it. Lets be real, if that was the case no one in their right mind would be posting that here since there are no ADMs in Canada LOL

Last edited by CathalMacIarnain; 05-06-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2022 | 05:30 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Some people on this forum try to be secretive for who knows what reason.

I transparently stated I almost bought a GT3RS from Porsche Monmouth bc they don't do ADM (didnt in dec 2018) but they force charge a 9-10k plat package (wheel/tire/ppf/etc.) and I was met with the craziest backlash on making it up, so I sent screenshots and that was met with just as much. So then I told them about the 2018 gt3 manual I got offered at porsche south bay for 30k off and they lost their minds...

It's crazy, people on this forum are all on their own agenda like they can move the market or get a secret allocation or game the system or something all on their own. I am paying about 10% over for my GT4 in LA.

My advice if you want an allocation is just figure out who has one, then go to the actual dealership in person and try and negotiate. no dealers will haggle over the phone anymore bc everyone tries that, no one goes down to the dealers anymore and I strongly believe if maybe their at 25k over, u can bitch to them enough in person to give it to you at maybe 15 or 20. Thats my worthless 2 cents. The salesman will beg the GM to just give him the sale and a lot of times they'll cave if its reasonable
The following users liked this post:
0-Day (05-06-2022)
Old 05-06-2022 | 06:42 PM
unclemat
Pro

If somebody is interested in a Cayman S or T allocation try Porsche Burlington. Should be MSRP (or less?).
welikethetrack (05-06-2022)
Old 05-06-2022 | 07:33 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by welikethetrack

I transparently stated I almost bought a GT3RS from Porsche Monmouth bc they don't do ADM (didnt in dec 2018) but they force charge a 9-10k plat package (wheel/tire/ppf/etc.) and I was met with the craziest backlash on making it up, so I sent screenshots and that was met with just as much. So then I told them about the 2018 gt3 manual I got offered at porsche south bay for 30k off and they lost their minds...

It's crazy, people on this forum are all on their own agenda like they can move the market or get a secret allocation or game the system or something all on their own. I am paying about 10% over for my GT4 in LA.

My advice if you want an allocation is just figure out who has one, then go to the actual dealership in person and try and negotiate. no dealers will haggle over the phone anymore bc everyone tries that, no one goes down to the dealers anymore and I strongly believe if maybe their at 25k over, u can bitch to them enough in person to give it to you at maybe 15 or 20. Thats my worthless 2 cents. The salesman will beg the GM to just give him the sale and a lot of times they'll cave if its reasonable
yeah my main point was more about figuring out which dealerships seem to be getting allocations in as a way to narrow down where one might land in the future and less about someone trying to find someone else an open allocation. I think knowing which dealerships are getting them now are probably a good indication that 1. They will probably get more in the future, and 2.It helps people know what kind of dealerships might be getting allocations.

Unless you are scared someone is going to steal your allocation away from you, I don't really get the need for secrecy. But whatever, each their own.

Either way it does seem like allocations are starting to become more available. I did mention I might have gotten one, but I haven't had time to talk to the dealership yet.i'll know by tomorrow if I receive an actual allocation or not. I don't know the dealership name as this is through a broker but I do know its a dealership out in Oklahoma. According to the broker, production should start in August with an October delivery date.
bpeacock (05-08-2022)
Old 05-07-2022 | 07:25 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Just got my 2023 GT4 allocation.

9/2022 delivery

As always, JW makes it happen for the common man 🙂

Last edited by dmk2; 05-07-2022 at 07:34 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dmk2:
JBM718GTS (05-07-2022), SmallCapTrader (05-07-2022), welikethetrack (05-08-2022)
Old 05-07-2022 | 07:36 PM
JBM718GTS
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmk2

9/2022 delivery

Congrats! I'm glad to hear of another one around the same time as mine. Build scheduled for mid September, and delivery end of October.
Old 05-07-2022 | 07:38 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

9/2022 delivery

Where are you located? What is JW?
Old 05-07-2022 | 08:12 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
Where are you located? What is JW?
In the past I have been accused of working for a dealer, or advertising for a trusted member of our community who helps fellow enthusiasts get cars, but happens to be a brand ambassador.

Don't want another tiff with moderators.

Feel free to PM me and I will share contact information
Old 05-07-2022 | 08:13 PM
Axis
Instructor

Originally Posted by welikethetrack

Some people here take it personally if someone says they paid less for a car than they did.
Old 05-08-2022 | 02:20 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Are others getting allocations?

Seems like they should be rolling in soon.
Old 05-08-2022 | 03:11 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Are others getting allocations?

Seems like they should be rolling in soon.
Hopefully soon! I’m hoping for this week.
Old 05-09-2022 | 05:04 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Quiet as a church mouse in here. We need allocations to come in to liven the joint up.
F1-DNA (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022 | 06:10 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

I officially have my allocation. Looking at end of the year delivery. Also this shows as a MY23 just in case people still weren't sure if we were getting another year of the GT4. I have a V200 code as well so I know its an actual allocation and not a wait list.

I received my allocation from Porsche of Oklahoma City. I didn't ask them if they were getting anymore in.
I am paying 20k ADM
I worked through a broker. If you are interested, please DM me and I can give you his contact information. He was amazing to work with.

I am unsure how much of a premier dealership this one is (I live in California), however the dealerships that are local to me still don't have any word on allocations so its possible they just don't sell as many.
The following 3 users liked this post by Xxyion:
bpeacock (05-09-2022), JBM718GTS (05-09-2022), TripleL (05-11-2022)
Old 05-09-2022 | 06:15 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

I officially have my allocation. Looking at end of the year delivery. Also this shows as a MY23 just in case people still weren't sure if we were getting another year of the GT4. I have a V200 code as well so I know its an actual allocation and not a wait list.

I received my allocation from Porsche of Oklahoma City. I didn't ask them if they were getting anymore in.
I am paying 20k ADM
I worked through a broker. If you are interested, please DM me and I can give you his contact information. He was amazing to work with.

I am unsure how much of a premier dealership this one is (I live in California), however the dealerships that are local to me still don't have any word on allocations so its possible they just don't sell as many.
So Cal or No Cal?

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker