Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 08:06 PM
mrbrown
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
You’re 8th on a list? Is it a large dealership? How many per year have they been receiving?

We’re probably at about 1500 or less after 3 years of production and 200 dealers in the US…do the math.

No one knows when the Spyder won’t be offered, just guesses.

I’d be suspect what they tell you as that line about PTS is BS.

Good luck, Are you amicable to ADM?
They do a decent amount of volume according to the SA and lots of PTS but they could be blowing smoke too.

They likely get 2-3 max spyders per year so my luck is slim. I could be open to ADM but it’s really dependent on amount and timing.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:15 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbrown
They do a decent amount of volume according to the SA and lots of PTS but they could be blowing smoke too.

They likely get 2-3 max spyders per year so my luck is slim. I could be open to ADM but it’s really dependent on amount and timing.
IMHO, you’d work to get an allocation; any allocation.

Placing additional filters like PTS and ED between Jun-Aug 2023…that amount of flexibility is rare unless you’re tight with the SM and line still open.

Good luck, they’re awesome machines.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:10 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbrown
I just put my name on the list for a 718 Spyder at Marin Porsche in Northern California. There were 7 people ahead and the dealer does not charge an ADM. I'm looking at doing a PTS, which the dealer does enough of to not have to wait for a specific window they said, with a good amount of options. Looking at $130-$140-ish.

I've got a long time frame as I'd like to do Euro delivery between June and August 2023. Time is on my side, but I'm curious if the Spyder will exist for the 2023MY.

I know it's a crystal ball at this time, but curious if folks have any advice or insights into the lifespan of the Spyder. Also, if anyone happens to know the voodoo of Porsche allocations, I'd love some knowledge? I've got an 88 911. Does PCA membership matter? Does the price of your spec matter?

Also, if by change anyone has any lines on a reliable Spyder allocation in CA, let me know.

Thanks for any answers you all may be able to share!
Just something to be ware of dealers that have not charged adm in the past Have been known to change there mind when and if u get an allocation
The following users liked this post:
Fzz2 (02-17-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 04:26 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 403 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Quick question about allocations

When does Porsche give their U.S. dealers allocations? Are allocations given to all U.S. dealers at the same time at a certain date? Is the allocation date also worldwide for all dealers? Do allocations for all the product line come out at the same time? I assuming the roll out of allocations is based on the factory fiscal year or something to do with the factory late summer shutdown. Just curious,
TIA,
Pat D
Old 02-24-2022, 04:29 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Yes, from the first US dealer to the last, there can't be more than a couple days between when everyone knows that they're getting.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:32 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos
Yes, from the first US dealer to the last, there can't be more than a couple days between when everyone knows that they're getting.
I think the number of allocations given is different per dealer though i assume?
Old 02-24-2022, 04:42 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

Others know more but as far as I can follow allocations come out at certain times for certain models and trim levels. So GT4 allocations will get announced for say, 3rd week in march. Then GTS’s may get announced 2nd week in April. And it does this each quarter. Also, dealerships may know what they are earmarked for, but they may not have the allocation officially released to make someone go V200 until a month later or more so that is why you see some people say they got an allocation 2 months after a crapton of people on here say they got an allocation. You’ll also see similar vehicles built together and ship together. Like I know when my GT4 was built a crap ton of people had theirs bulit within the last 2 weeks of july but no one had one built end of june from what i remember.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I think the number of allocations given is different per dealer though i assume?
Correct.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:44 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Thanks!
I should have also asked. Are the allocations tied into the "Just In Time" process to building the cars?
I know very little about this process except that it seems to be a testy subject when applied to GT cars...
Old 02-25-2022, 05:38 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by patdonahue
Thanks!
I should have also asked. Are the allocations tied into the "Just In Time" process to building the cars?
I know very little about this process except that it seems to be a testy subject when applied to GT cars...
the basic structure is this:
- each factory builds model variants globally, and has a total production limit, e.g Zuffenhausen builds all 911 variants ~34-40k units/yr globally
- production line is JIT so adjustments can be made to meet circumstances
- production from the line is allocated to geo regions, e.g N.A etc
- geo subsidiaries allocate to their dealers according to their sales volumes
- allocations are released periodically - allegedly quarterly
Old 02-25-2022, 07:27 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Two other factors seem to confuse matters:
(1) Dealers trade allocations to get what better fits their client base/market,
(2) People who take over a build spot for a deal that fell through post that they "got an allocation".

In both cases the actual build-spot (allocation) was awarded well before we heard about it here.
This has the effect of making it appear that allocations are dribbling out over longer periods of time.

Typical example: Someone posts here that they "got an allocation". Then they post that their build is going to lock in 2 weeks.
Clearly, the actual allocation for that production build spot was awarded to a dealer a while ago.
The following users liked this post:
X2Board (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 11:34 AM
patdonahue
Pro

Thanks, for responding Larry & ausgang . Helps make things clearer for me.
P
Old 02-25-2022, 12:13 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 354 Posts

MOST build allocations are given out in batches, in a fairly predictable cycle, but not all. My understanding is is that US Porsche dealerships can get 1-off "bonus" build allocations as performance rewards and for meeting certain metrics. These bonus allocations they get awarded are typically for the high-demand Porsche vehicles like GT cars.

Everything I have been told about this was from my sales rep, who described the GT4 allocation they gave to me as a surprise to them that they were rewarded for dealership performance and outside of their regular allocation cycle.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:01 PM
kamrandn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if dealers are supposed to receive new GT4 allocations in March?
Old 02-28-2022, 03:11 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by kamrandn
Does anyone know if dealers are supposed to receive new GT4 allocations in March?
I would check with your local dealerships. Mine said they should be getting some in March (one of them is mine hopefully) but some other dealerships said they werent getting anymore for the rest of year. I think it largely depends on how big the dealership is and how much product they move.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker