Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 12:15 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by AR95
To be fair, the “original” delivery date of 06/22 was only what I was told verbally. This is the first time I got to see the production schedule w/ commission number. Whatever happened, I’m just excited that I’m now able to enjoy the car for the entire summer!
Very cool then, earlier than expected is always better! So spill the beans, what are you getting, at least post a configurator screen shot...
Old 01-14-2022, 12:24 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

Wanted to add a data point. Late Oct 21. Walked into the local deanship with my father in law as he wanted my input on a Chalk Turbo S they had in the pipeline. It was spec'd with red interior and sofa. He ask if there was an allocation to order a car with sport buckets. There was, and we went through spec'ing process quickly as I already had a P-code of a base build he wanted(basically every carbon option ticked). Has any good SA would during that time the conversation switched to me. I'm one of the Covid drop outs that let a 2020 GT4 allocation go. Even through the money was put to great use and ultimately a wise decision. I still felt like I missed the boat with owning my 'dream car' with the crazy pricing going on. I told the SA I would be only interested in a GT4. SA came back I think I have an allocation. Then I asked if it was PTS capable. SA came back, it was. Now we are getting into the realm of real one of one 'dream car' territory for a simple guy like myself. We then asked if the PTS window was open on the Turbo S. The answer was yes. This had been the first time this dealer was forth coming with information and I think that had to do with my SA. Their first offer was $50k ADM on the Turbo S and $30K on the GT4. Yikes!! After about an hour of back and forth they halved both. Right then I still didn't feel good about a 15K ADM however after some research/calling around to other dealers if I wanted something used I would still be paying around the same price of my build with the ADM on cars I didn't find attractive spec wise. If I wanted a MSRP car I would have to wait on a list until Spring 2022 with a few dealers in the mid west/south Florida with no certainty of getting a slot. Based on my observations of the PTS window in the past, it seems to open in the fall for spring builds so that would me PTS is out the question. Now reading the speculation is that the 2022 GT car allocations are spoken for, eases the ADM pain a little more.

Ordered that day, final spec on Oct 26 2021 with contract signed. The build PTS paint locked in mid Nov. Theoretically I should be able to have PCNA unlock the build for non paint changes until Feb 8. Production Scheduled for Feb 25 with a delivery date of May 27th.

The build:
GT4
PTS: Black Olive
Leather/ Race-Tex with Yellow stitch
PORSCHE painted black
Deletion of model
PDK
Calipers in black
Wheels in Black
Bi-Xenon
Light design
12 o'clock marker yellow
Carbon Buckets
Fire Extinguisher
Belts in Yellow
Interior carbon
Footrest in Ai
Apple Car play

Opinions on the build? I think the only thing missing is sport chrono with the app as the car will see track time.

For those who are wondering the Turbo S was ordered in Auratium Green

Last edited by Super Stroby; 01-14-2022 at 12:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Super Stroby:
DelkHenn (01-14-2022), JBM718GTS (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Sounds like a beautiful car, but I feel compelled to ask, why a turbo for the track? Or you want the best GT car that will see time on the track as well? I don't mean to be presumptuous. Everyone likes what they like.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:53 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

@Adrift My build is a GT4. I edited the build data to clarify. My father in law is getting the Turbo S which will never see a track.
The following users liked this post:
Adrift (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 01:18 PM
AR95
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Very cool then, earlier than expected is always better! So spill the beans, what are you getting, at least post a configurator screen shot...
Yes it was definitely a pleasant surprise. I’ve always been a sucker for silver… and I love the fact that it’s low key. With my driving style, the last thing I need is a bright colour
JBM718GTS (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 01:23 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by AR95
Yes it was definitely a pleasant surprise. I’ve always been a sucker for silver… and I love the fact that it’s low key. With my driving style, the last thing I need is a bright colour
Very nice spec, the Premium package adds some very desirable (in my mind) options, ones that I had to add separately to the Spyder! My last GTS had the GTS interior package in Carmine Red, I think it takes the interior look up a notch.
Old 01-14-2022, 01:33 PM
AR95
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Very nice spec, the Premium package adds some very desirable (in my mind) options, ones that I had to add separately to the Spyder! My last GTS had the GTS interior package in Carmine Red, I think it takes the interior look up a notch.
Thank you!! This will be my first P-car, so it took some work to get a hang of the configuration and all the options. But thankfully I was able to lean on my SA and everyone here on Rennlist for some guidance.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:41 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

So I just had a salesman I’ve been speaking with over the past few months contact me and tell me I’m next up for their next Spyder allocation. Says the boss wants 15 grand over.
What do you guys think about how that compares to what’s going on market wise right now? Obviously I’d rather pay no ADM. But I’d also rather see my car in the next seven or eight months. Any stories of allocations still being sold at MSRP right now or is the vig still necessary?

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 01-15-2022 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:48 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 422 Posts

Keep negotiating those ADMs guys. Looking to add a 2nd GT4 and 2 of the deals are down to $25K from their $40K opening bid. A couple of others are still $30K and $45K.

Don't get me started on the GT4RS…total nonsense.
The following 2 users liked this post by phefner:
AlexCeres (01-15-2022), JBM718GTS (01-15-2022)
Old 01-15-2022, 03:50 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

If you want the track precision app to work, you need to have the navigation add-on in addition to the sport chrono. Sport chrono by itself will only operate the manually operated timer in the instrument cluster. Not very useful.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:53 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
So I just had a salesman I’ve been speaking with over the past few months contact me and tell me I’m next up for their next Spyder allocation. Says the boss wants 15 grand over.
What do you guys think about how that compares to what’s going on market wise right now? Obviously I’d rather pay no ADM. But I’d also rather see my car in the next seven or eight months. Any stories of allocations still being sold at MSRP right now or is the vig still necessary?
One local dealer asking $25k adm. The other none (but his lines are understandably longer). $15k sounds reasonable, if you are willing to pay to play.
AlexCeres (01-15-2022)
Old 01-15-2022, 03:54 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 354 Posts

Do you own the white Spyder in your profile pic? Seems like that potential trade in would be a significant card to play in your favor in the negotiation to order the new car...
Old 01-15-2022, 04:02 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Tell them you will spilt it and pay $7500 over.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:03 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,030 Posts

for CA that’s pretty good. The SA in NorCal are opening with $40k. It’s stupid. You need to do you, but waiting another year vs earning $15k is a no brainer to me.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:06 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Tell them you will spilt it and pay $7500 over.
Dunno that will work, but it is negotiable. Like $10k and Your trade in might be worth a pinch less. You might buy $5000 in warranties and extended insurance bs. etc. etc

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker