Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 02:15 AM
Kanz121
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PDK GT4 Bay Area allocation

Hi everyone - brand new here and have spent several hours scrolling this particular thread. Went
to a local (Bay Area) dealer and completed a build sheet on site for a 2021 Black GT4 (PDK). Dealer took a $5,000 deposit and said I was sixth on the allocation list. When I asked how that translates into delivery they mentioned 4-5months. The combination of this thread and being sixth in line doesn’t make delivery before Summer seem likely. I’d love to consider any other options this amazing group may have on offer. Also, and pardon the naïveté of the question, but what is the process of reclaiming the deposit if this community provides me with a far better solution? Thanks to everyone in advance!
Old 01-12-2021, 07:15 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanz121
Hi everyone - brand new here and have spent several hours scrolling this particular thread. Went
to a local (Bay Area) dealer and completed a build sheet on site for a 2021 Black GT4 (PDK). Dealer took a $5,000 deposit and said I was sixth on the allocation list. When I asked how that translates into delivery they mentioned 4-5months. The combination of this thread and being sixth in line doesn’t make delivery before Summer seem likely. I’d love to consider any other options this amazing group may have on offer. Also, and pardon the naïveté of the question, but what is the process of reclaiming the deposit if this community provides me with a far better solution? Thanks to everyone in advance!
In CA, you just tell the dealer you’re canceling. The deposits are refundable by law. If you don’t have a commission yet, then it doesn’t even effect the dealer. They’ll just give it to the next person on the list.

If you did and the build is locked that’s pretty inconvenient, and if you want to do business with them in the future you may want to negotiate something, although technically you’re still fully within your rights to walk

It also cuts both ways in CA, and until you have a signed sales contract, they can give “your” car, the car you spec’d, to someone else because commission or not, it isn’t actually yours by law
Old 01-12-2021, 11:26 AM
Kanz121
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Alex - many thanks for the response. Particularly insightful regarding the ability for a car to get sold outside of you (although I presume this doesn’t happen often because dealership reputations are on the line).

To my specific situation - I see a very similar car to the build I made at Rusnak/Westlake and have reached out to them to discuss possibly shipping the car up North and the costs associated with that. I don’t think the GT4 allocation situation is any better at any of the other Bay Area Porsche dealerships. Again, if I am mistaken, I hope someone feels free to reach out to me!
Old 01-12-2021, 02:29 PM
RoadRacer62
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

From my experience I asked a dealer to refund my $1000 deposit to get in line when I got a call from from another dealer last week who had an actual allocation with a commission number attached for a May build. This dealer wanted a 10 grand deposit which I was ok with since he sent me the the official build order with my name on it. The dealers were also in the Bay Area.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Thanks everyone for helping out, much appreciated. The bucket seats are a no-go for me. They are beautiful but as a bigger guy, they are not comfortable and merry/exit is frustrating for me. PCCB end sofas seems to be the rare combo.
you should try the LWBS with some P1 Designs inserts ... I have them in my GT3 and Spyder - transformative
Old 01-12-2021, 02:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Hi Alex - many thanks for the response. Particularly insightful regarding the ability for a car to get sold outside of you (although I presume this doesn’t happen often because dealership reputations are on the line).

To my specific situation - I see a very similar car to the build I made at Rusnak/Westlake and have reached out to them to discuss possibly shipping the car up North and the costs associated with that. I don’t think the GT4 allocation situation is any better at any of the other Bay Area Porsche dealerships. Again, if I am mistaken, I hope someone feels free to reach out to me!
I would not make shipping a deal breaker - fly down and driver back if the car is the one you want
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 02:35 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you should try the LWBS with some P1 Designs inserts ... I have them in my GT3 and Spyder - transformative
Memory foam, I assume. What fabric did you go with?
Was speaking with Kim this morning on the elusive 911R fabric, now unobtainable. Would be perfect in my silver stitching Spyder.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Memory foam, I assume. What fabric did you go with?
Was speaking with Kim this morning on the elusive 911R fabric, now unobtainable. Would be perfect in my silver stitching Spyder.
yes memory foam and blk alacantara.

I did this because my GT3 buckets were killing me, I have a "bad hip" and being a larger guy (6', 240lbs) my hips were bouncing off of the bolsters and crippling me on longer drives...

adding the memory foam has transformed the LWBS for me ... making them a positive pleasure to sit it, I also have driver lumber, but I could live w/o that... but not the memory foam!
TYPE911 (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 03:03 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

yes memory foam and blk alacantara.

I did this because my GT3 buckets were killing me, I have a "bad hip" and being a larger guy (6', 240lbs) my hips were bouncing off of the bolsters and crippling me on longer drives...

adding the memory foam has transformed the LWBS for me ... making them a positive pleasure to sit it, I also have driver lumber, but I could live w/o that... but not the memory foam!
How does the memory foam help with the hips? Does it add thickness to the padding which raises the hips/body higher, lowers the bolsters, and makes the seat shallower?
Old 01-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
How does the memory foam help with the hips? Does it add thickness to the padding which raises the hips/body higher, lowers the bolsters, and makes the seat shallower?
yup! its about 1" thicker and more resilient to compression ... so my hips don't rest on (or bounce off of) the bolster shell (quite as much as they did before)

for me its made the difference between the LWBS being usable or not ... and in blk alacantara you can't tell they are not OEM ... (well except in the GT3 as they do not have the silver stripe anymore)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:23 AM
Porsche757
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 25 Posts

Stevens Creek have a 2020 GT4 in white and a 21 in Genital Blue on their floor as of Thu - contact james shin for details!
Blue *****, feel sorry for that car...
The following 2 users liked this post by Porsche757:
DHI (02-07-2021), rp2000r (02-08-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 01:27 PM
asahione
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also in the market for a GT4 allocation. On the list at few dealerships close to me for a few months, but nothing yet. If anyone knows of one, please contact me.
bpeacock (01-28-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 01:54 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

PM me and I'll give you the name of my broker who found me and another guy on here immediate allocations
Old 01-27-2021, 02:08 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

I highly recommend him. Great guy to work with, big network and an affordable way to speed the process for sure.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:44 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by robcorn
PM me and I'll give you the name of my broker who found me and another guy on here immediate allocations
Harris, sent you a PM with the info!

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker