Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:51 PM
beebalm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Bee Balm, your interior shots are right up there with Ken Rockwell. And you got the neatest looking pair of Pilotti's I've ever seen! I've got those same hummingbirds not three feet from my dinner table, yet I've never gotten as good a look as in your photo's. Keep 'em coming!
Hello Chuck!

I love my Pilotis. I’m waiting until you can buy the new one’s online to get a new pair! In red of course

Ken Rockwell? Did you like his review of the Cayenne Turbo S?

http://kenrockwell.com/porsche/cayenne-turbo-s/

Thank you, I’m blushing.

For you, here is a bird, much much bigger than a hummer …

BeeBalm
Old 08-31-2014, 06:24 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

I am so excited!!!

I have just seen so many Porsches in one place that it was like being in a giant candy store. And EVERY Porsche was gorgeous!!! Every one was just a standout. There were so many beautiful cars and great people that you could overdose on it all.

I went to the annual PCA Open House at their corporate headquarters. It was so much fun. They had a Hawaii theme playing both Island music and 1960s Oldies music throughout the day. It was so nice being around people that understood what these cars are about.

PCA items were up for sale. I got a new denim shirt, a t-shirt, and a new hat. It was a cloudy day but not too hot and humid. They also gave out some posters and had some drawings.

So on to the good stuff. CARS!!! Because even though it was an open house to see the PCA headquarters, I think it was really about the people and the cars.

I have so many pictures that I’m going to break them up into several posts. I also tried to not get people in the pictures as best as possible but that was very difficult. There was over 300 cars and over 500 people so it was very crowded. I also tried to respect people’s wishes about license plates.

There was a wide variety of cars. I am going to limit these shots mostly to the 911s and 356s with a few special cars thrown in. Otherwise I would have way too many pictures so please bear with me. I also could not possibly get every car so these are just what caught my eye. There were many, many more and everyone was beautiful.

There is one thing I have to say. It was obvious that EVERYONE loved their cars. You could just see it in how they behaved and the smiles on their faces. Upon arrival, some people took out their quick detailers and did a quick touch up. You gotta love people who keep their 20 - 50 year old cars clean. Others set up camp, got out their lawn chairs, popped open their bonnets for everyone to see, and just relaxed, obviously a well practiced routine. I wondered how they got lawn chairs in a Porsche?

So to begin, I’m going to start at with the office and group shots, then move on to individual cars. I think, there were one or two REALLY special cars there but you all will have to confirm that because I don’t know. I will get to them. So …

PCA Corporate Offices and group shots

Another lobby shot, Porsche clubs around the world. We were told that PCA is the largest single marque car club in the world.

On display in the lobby.

Office tours are announced. There was just to many people to take one of the tours so we passed. It was too crowded.

People shopping at the PCA store.

Breakfast. Coffee and donuts. They ran out of donuts before we got to them. Boo

There were two Macans present, situated by the office doors, both Turbos, one a black dealer car and one a privately owned vehicle. This wasn’t an accident but had to be planned.

Gorgeous interior of the white turbo.

The LED DRLs on

The lunch line. Hotdogs, chicken bites, chips and fruit. Gratis. Thank you

So when you arrived, they directed you to where to park. This is early. And up pulls this funny looking Porsche? Wait, that’s not a Porsche.

The Lambo was turned away and directed to some other section. Gorgeous car, check out those red wheels – Totally Awesome!

And his Italian brothers were turned away too. The first car is a 430 Scuderia, the fourth car, without the Italian Stallion, is Godzilla.

So now some Porsche group shots.

That’s it for now. I have to go through the rest of my pictures. The rest will be individual cars trying not to get clutter in the backgrounds.

Hope you enjoyed my photos and will share more with you later on!

Have a great day!

BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 08-31-2014, 06:58 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by beebalm
Hello Chuck!

I love my Pilotis. I’m waiting until you can buy the new one’s online to get a new pair! In red of course

Ken Rockwell? Did you like his review of the Cayenne Turbo S?

http://kenrockwell.com/porsche/cayenne-turbo-s/

Thank you, I’m blushing.

BeeBalm
Yes, and I was thinking of his review when I recommended the Cayenne Turbo S to Hammer911. He must have liked it too- he bought one! Your interior shots reminded me of his. Great interior lighting. You can blush, long as you don't outshine your car!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:46 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

Next up from the PCA Open House - the Cabriolets and a couple of old friends. First, the old friends

You don’t see many of these anymore

And I never see these at all on the road anymore

On to the Cabriolets. There were a few Targas but too many people to get clean shots.

I tried to just isolate the cars without background clutter …

Gorgeous combination of colors

Wimbledon Green

Beautiful

Gembella, not sure when I last saw a vinyl bra

Another beauty

Excellent

Both sides

Can’t leave out Guards Red

That’s all for now. More coming …

BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 09-02-2014, 04:09 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

So, onto the coupes from the PCA Open House

Let’s go way back

Beautiful. Pay attention to the car in front.

Same car

This shows how the cars have grown over the years

Not a common color?

Don’t know the name of this blue color but it’s so nice

Some people put their COA in the windshield (VIN blurred). I can understand displaying a COA for a 20 year old car. What I don’t understand is the need for a COA to exist. Are their fake Porsches?

Black and Luxor?

Another vinyl bra

And three more beautiful cars

More to come …

BeeBalm

Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 PM
chuck911
Race Car

The only reason I know is for concours, originality is a big part of judging. For concours its not enough that everything on the car be authentic Porsche, it also must be authentic Porsche as ordered and originally delivered from the factory. Of course you will notice hardly anyone around here cares about this at all. Everybody's chomping at the bit to "personalize" their car in all kinds of ways. Which is precisely why, years down the line, we never see any of those cars fetching high prices. Nothing appreciates more as the years go by than the car that remains exactly as Porsche built it. So yes those people are proud to display their COA's. Rightly so.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 PM
beebalm
Racer

The only reason I know is for concours,

Thank you very much chuck911, that makes perfect sense and I never thought of that!

BeeBalm

Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

Time to take a break from the 911s at the PCA Open House and go way back to the 356s.

This first car, I think, had a new engine.

It was SO LOUD, by far the loudest car there. Twin webers.

How loud was it? Once started, you could not have a conversation near the car.

SC

And this car won some awards

I just wish I could keep a car this old in such great condition.

A couple more coming ... back to the 911s next.

BeeBalm

Old 09-03-2014, 09:44 PM
chuck911
Race Car

"I just wish I could keep a car this old in such great condition."

It really is incredible when you think about it. Talking one time with Syd Baker, owner of a perfect 356 and 73 RS, about how hard it is even to put a car back together after painting without getting any marks on it, he said, you just have to hire perfectionists. Some of these cars, when restoring, they buy two or three of everything- then scrutinize each part and use only the most perfect looking one! If you ever wonder how all those black seals are so perfect, that's how they do it!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BeeBalm, stupendous pictures, as usual. Thanks for all of this eye candy!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
beebalm
Racer

"I just wish I could keep a car this old in such great condition."

It really is incredible when you think about it. Talking one time with Syd Baker, owner of a perfect 356 and 73 RS, about how hard it is even to put a car back together after painting without getting any marks on it, he said, you just have to hire perfectionists. Some of these cars, when restoring, they buy two or three of everything- then scrutinize each part and use only the most perfect looking one! If you ever wonder how all those black seals are so perfect, that's how they do it!
Hello Chuck991,
What you are saying makes a lot of sense! I am thankful for you reading my threads and jumping right in and helping me understand how these things work!

You have been awesome help A fountain of knowledge!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you
BeeBalm

Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by eg991
BeeBalm, stupendous pictures, as usual. Thanks for all of this eye candy!
It is so nice to hear from you eg991
You are quite welcome
I thank you kindly for your sweet reply
It is much appreciated!
So glad you liked my pictures.
Have a great weekend!
BeeBalm

Old 09-04-2014, 07:50 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

OK, the 911 break is over. On to the big boys, the Turbos and GT3s. If I get some of these wrong, please correct me.

930. Gorgeous color.

Beautiful silver, maybe Silver GT?

Black GT3. Stunning

997 Turbos?

Really big wing

What are the chances that you park your turbo with a big wing and someone with a bigger wing comes and parks next to you?

Some perspective on how big this wing really was

And another gorgeous GT3

More to come … the special cars?

BeeBalm

Old 09-05-2014, 09:18 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

Now the special cars. Well ALL the cars were special. ALL were beautiful and I didn’t come close to getting pictures of them all. But these two were unique.

First, can anyone identify this model? Looks like an early 911? It was kept right at the corporate headquarters door.

Plastic windows and rollbar. Race car?

That is not the normal place for the gas cap

So what model 911 was this?

At first we thought this second car was truly special, a half million dollar 2.7 RS. Later we found out it was a tribute car. That’s OK, it was still beautiful and we enjoyed viewing it.

Let me know what you think. Can you identify the top model?

One more post to go …

BeeBalm

Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by beebalm

First, can anyone identify this model? Looks like an early 911? It was kept right at the corporate headquarters door.

Plastic windows and rollbar. Race car?

So what model 911 was this?

Let me know what you think. Can you identify the top model
BeeBalm:

That I believe is an R Gruppe car done to honor the 1967 991R which is quite a rare model. This particular tribute belongs to a fellow R Gruppe member in the Maryland/Annapolis area and he often ships it to West Coast events for R Gruppe Treffens. It's a recreation (this particular one with a lot of imaginative lightweight touches some which were never actually conceived by Zuffenhausen) in honor of this 'sport purpose' rare model:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3551.html

What do you mean that is not a normal place for a gas cap? We been having those in Porsches for a very long time...saves time & effort in refueling at races! Some people call them LeMans or Monza style fuel fillers. These pop-top devices have been used on race cars since the 1930's.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.