Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:27 PM
beebalm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
very cool!
Hi Larry,
I thank you for your kind reply
BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 11-22-2014, 09:29 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by MarkoPolo
Hello BeeBalm;
Terrific story & gorgeous 911. Not many people would make time & be so patient. I’m far older than care to admit & my oldest grandchild recently got her DL. Spent last weekend teaching her to drive the 356. More than a few false starts & chattering gears; but she was able to drive us to get a celebratory ice cream. In another generation 991's like yours will be unusual & manuals only seen in films. Sending your story to my granddaughter so thanks very much for sharing; & putting a small stake in the heart of Prius drivers everywhere.
Cheers!
Hi MarkoPolo,
I am so glad you enjoyed reading my thread
I enjoyed your cute story!
Thanks a million!
BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 11-22-2014, 09:31 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Great story Beebalm!
One of my fathers friends did the same thing for me when I was about 10 yrs old... Not a porsche but a high end BMW... Now there isn't much I can remember about being 10 years old but I do remember every single detail, sound and feel of that car to this day.... And I'm sure your kindness will be equally pervasive and inspirational for that young man...
Awe, what a nice thing to say Cheekymonkeyman
I enjoyed reading your reply
Thank you very much!
BeeBalm

Old 11-22-2014, 09:34 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by TheDatanator
Oh boy...
... This took me back to 1981 or so when I was treated to a similar conversation about a 1970 914. I was taken for a ride in it and I was hooked. That little car started an obsession within me. My son and I often have these conversations - I am so happy he shares my passion about cars and Porsches!

By the way, Bee, I do indeed have a laundry basket in my man-garage for my microfiber towels.

>grin<
That's awesome Datanator, that your baby also has a laundry basket
I really appreciate you dropping by and commenting!
Thank you,
BeeBallm

Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by sfo
I wonder what the young man would have done if you took him for a ride in your 911 ..
I bet know would of been in Awe!
Thanks sfo for reading my thread, it is must appreciated!
Have a great weekend.
BeeBalm

Old 11-22-2014, 09:38 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by eg991
Cool story! Always great to come across someone who truly appreciates the greatness of these cars . . . and makes us realize how thankful we ought to be.
Thanks eg991 for your kind reply!
Have a great weekend!
BeeBalm

Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
When I was about 14 years old around 1961 or 1962 I was walking past an older guy named Russ' house who was home from Stanford and out washing his white 1960 Corvette with bright red interior. He was about 20 or so at the time. His father was a local judge. I stood talking to him, as his younger brother was friends with my older sister, so he recognized who I was. After hanging around watching him while he dried off the Corvette he finally asked me if I wanted a ride to Foster's Freeze, the local hangout where anyone who was anybody spent their free time in our town of 14,000 at the time.
He floored the 4-speed Corvette after the first turn from his house and the six block or so ride was thrilling. I still remember being thrown back in the seat. Never been in such a powerful car.
Flash forward 30 years when I returned to my hometown of Visalia, California . . . and I ended up practicing law for over 16 years with the same nice Corvette driver.
Hi Pete,
Thank you for being so kind to share your story with me
It is so very much appreciated!
BeeBalm

Old 11-22-2014, 09:44 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by Money2536
That's a great story. That kid is going to remember that day for the rest of his life.

No matter how busy or rushed I am, when a kid recognizes a car that I have, I always try to spend a few minutes with them. I believe it's not the pursuit of stuff, but the positive effects of healthy ambition that the desire for a certain car can create. That ambition can lead to something great.

Thank you for the reminder that we should all spend time with the next generation. At times, there can be a negative stigma to owning such an expensive vehicle. It helps me when someone gives me the chance to explain why I have a specific car. Many assume it is to show off. My reasoning goes way back to someone spending a few minutes with me to help me understand and appreciate what a car can mean to someone.
Hi Money,
Thanks you for your kind reply and sharing a story of yours with me
Congratulations on your gorgeous blue GT3. I saw one just like yours at a recent Porsche event. It was so gorgeous! Drive it in good health!
Have a great weekend!
BeeBalm

Old 11-22-2014, 09:46 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

I know this is a little bit late but ….

WHEEEEE!!!!!

Isn’t that strange the color is red? You know what this is and it’s black. It must have been a reflection of the car from the sun.

This is Thanksgiving week. Be careful driving to Grandma’s house for Dinner!

Have a great Turkey week! Drive carefully.
BeeBalm

Old 11-23-2014, 12:56 AM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by beebalm
Hello Porsche Friends, I know this is a little bit late but …. WHEEEEE!!!!! Isn’t that strange the color is red? You know what this is and it’s black. It must have been a reflection of the car from the sun. This is Thanksgiving week. Be careful driving to Grandma’s house for Dinner! Have a great Turkey week! Drive carefully. BeeBalm _____________________________________________________________________ You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
It means you can now redline your car. Congrats on reaching your breakin threshold.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Buppies
Track Day

Always enjoy reading your thread the love you have for the car is unwavering. Thanks so much for sharing. One quick question was adding the ability to change the sound of the exhaust worth it in your opinion? Thanking you in advance
Old 11-24-2014, 12:49 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beebalm

you get the award for the coolest mileometer read out of the decade
Old 11-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+991
Old 11-25-2014, 08:24 PM
K1600GT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats
Love the Sport Techno Wheels. My favorite.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:47 PM
pap2828
Racer

Looks amazing congrats! I have same car in Agate grey you will love it.....

Quick Reply: Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.