Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 12:03 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Daisy Leader has left Zeebruge and is steaming towards the west coast of the US. First stop is Point Hueneme, which is odd, since it’s past San Diego. Probably unloading a bunch of BMWs first before heading back south to San Diego the next day. ETA is probably August 1 or 2.
You know, I'm no ship navigator, but I've tracked a lot of boats headed towards the west coast over the past couple of months while my car was at Emden, and Daisy Leader sure doesn't look like it's headed to the west coast based on its track. It's hugging too close to Spain and the Iberian Peninsula, as if it intends to sail into the Mediterranean or heads towards Brazil.

Hoping it hangs a right pretty soon...
Old 06-24-2024, 12:10 PM
rickawd
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche newb
How can you see what Vessel it's on? West coast bound for yours?
Yes, my car is heading to San Diego. To figure out the vessel try out these steps.

Originally Posted by evosaurusx
- Go to the TYD website.
- Right click and select Inspect
- Click on the Network tab
- In the box to filter the requests type "api.porsche" (with no quotes)
- Refresh the page
- You should see a number of requests in the list but you want the one that has the name "USMHXXXXX" where XXXXX is your commission number. Select that one.
- After selecting that one, click on the Response tab. You will see a whole bunch of coding details about your car.
- Near the top, you will see something like this:” ident":"| IMO_9283875"
- In a new browser tab, go to Marine Traffic or Vessel Finder and search the IMO number (using above example, 9283875) to find the ship name
Old 06-24-2024, 11:33 PM
$mooth 0pr8r
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got confirmation from my SA that their dealership (and multiple other SoCal Porsche retailers) were impacted by the recent cyberattack that’s been in the news. In my case, this means that although my vehicle will physically be at the dealership in a day or two, they won’t have the ability to process the transaction until this issue is resolved! They are hoping for a fix by the end of the week but it’s up in the air right now. Just a heads up in case anyone else was this painfully close to the finish line!

Old 06-25-2024, 09:21 AM
Angus725
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Happen to have flown over Emden today, Stockholm to Amsterdam. Damn, that's a lot of cars at Emden waiting to get shipped out.

The following 2 users liked this post by Angus725:
Ferrarisimo (06-25-2024), kurquhart (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 07:39 PM
roninshiba
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by $mooth 0pr8r
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got confirmation from my SA that their dealership (and multiple other SoCal Porsche retailers) were impacted by the recent cyberattack that’s been in the news. In my case, this means that although my vehicle will physically be at the dealership in a day or two, they won’t have the ability to process the transaction until this issue is resolved! They are hoping for a fix by the end of the week but it’s up in the air right now. Just a heads up in case anyone else was this painfully close to the finish line!
This is affecting both the US and Canada...
​​​​​​https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...e/74208681007/

Also have a car that should be at the dealership in a day or two...
Old 06-26-2024, 02:38 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

You know, I'm no ship navigator, but I've tracked a lot of boats headed towards the west coast over the past couple of months while my car was at Emden, and Daisy Leader sure doesn't look like it's headed to the west coast based on its track. It's hugging too close to Spain and the Iberian Peninsula, as if it intends to sail into the Mediterranean or heads towards Brazil.

Hoping it hangs a right pretty soon...
Hi Ferrairisimo,
Here is the info I learned about the "Daisy Leader".....my car is on it too! It is going the LOOOONNNNNGGGGG way round "via Magellan".....which means around the tip of South America (there are shipping lanes through the islands, it won't go through the dreaded Drake Passage between S.Am and Antarctica). Yep....it is a 38-40 day trip from Emden.....but avoids the busy and expensive Panama Canal.
See the link below and look for the the "Daisy Leader" in the middle of the spreadsheet ......also you will see the estimated arrivals on the US west coast and the fact that it is the only ship in the listing taking that route.
Cheers
Doug N

https://www.nykroro.com/wp-content/u....pdf#view=FitH

Old 06-26-2024, 03:43 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,440 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by DJN
Hi Ferrairisimo,
Here is the info I learned about the "Daisy Leader".....my car is on it too! It is going the LOOOONNNNNGGGGG way round "via Magellan".....which means around the tip of South America (there are shipping lanes through the islands, it won't go through the dreaded Drake Passage between S.Am and Antarctica). Yep....it is a 38-40 day trip from Emden.....but avoids the busy and expensive Panama Canal.
See the link below and look for the the "Daisy Leader" in the middle of the spreadsheet ......also you will see the estimated arrivals on the US west coast and the fact that it is the only ship in the listing taking that route.
Cheers
Doug N

https://www.nykroro.com/wp-content/u....pdf#view=FitH
I was wondering this too as the trip seems so much longer than when my GT4 took the trip back in 2022. Other than the price savings by not going through the Panama Canal, is there any other reason for taking the long way around? It sucks that our cars didnt get put on the Crystal Ray, it's supposed to be at Benicia in California by first week of July. Based on the sheet you linked, it looks like the Daisy Leader wont hit Benicia till 2nd week of August which means no delivery till middle of August. It's a bit annoying as the car sat at Emden for almost a month before getting loaded on the Daisy Leader. Was hoping i'd get it in time for Monterey Car week as the original ETA was July 23rd. But oh well. I guess i'll just have to wait. With how fast it went through production i thought i'd get lucky and get my car early, but it seems a 1 month delay is what i'm getting instead.
The following users liked this post:
Ferrarisimo (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 03:48 PM
Porsche newb
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Vesseltracker vs Porsche App

Originally Posted by Porsche newb
How can you see what Vessel it's on? West coast bound for yours?
Harmony Leader shows a lagging position on Vesseltracker vs TYD of 1 day or so. Does anybody else see that?
Old 06-26-2024, 05:41 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I was wondering this too as the trip seems so much longer than when my GT4 took the trip back in 2022. Other than the price savings by not going through the Panama Canal, is there any other reason for taking the long way around? It sucks that our cars didnt get put on the Crystal Ray, it's supposed to be at Benicia in California by first week of July. Based on the sheet you linked, it looks like the Daisy Leader wont hit Benicia till 2nd week of August which means no delivery till middle of August. It's a bit annoying as the car sat at Emden for almost a month before getting loaded on the Daisy Leader. Was hoping i'd get it in time for Monterey Car week as the original ETA was July 23rd. But oh well. I guess i'll just have to wait. With how fast it went through production i thought i'd get lucky and get my car early, but it seems a 1 month delay is what i'm getting instead.
Yes, I was hoping to catch the Crystal Ray on June 17th after sitting at the port in Emden since May 24th.......however, I feel lucky to get on any boat, as my friend's car, sitting at port since May 22nd, hasn't got its ride yet. I'm hoping he can catch the Glovis Caravel which is currently being loaded June26/27 and is actually due into San Diego/Benica on July 27th and 30th , respectively..........beating the Daisy Leader!
Old 06-26-2024, 07:00 PM
Angus725
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DJN
Yes, I was hoping to catch the Crystal Ray on June 17th after sitting at the port in Emden since May 24th.......however, I feel lucky to get on any boat, as my friend's car, sitting at port since May 22nd, hasn't got its ride yet. I'm hoping he can catch the Glovis Caravel which is currently being loaded June26/27 and is actually due into San Diego/Benica on July 27th and 30th , respectively..........beating the Daisy Leader!
I don't see another ship going to California until Eridanus Leader on July 21 to Long Beach, and Lake Geneva to San Diego/Benicia on July 29. That's a pretty long wait between Glovis Caravel and the next CA bound ship. Hoping your friend and my BGTS and both get on the Caravel.
Old 06-26-2024, 07:00 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by DJN
Man, I had a feeling Daisy Leader was going to do something silly like that when I saw the San Diego ETA coupled with its southerly track before it dropped off VesselTracker.

What's most frustrating is that I have a friend whose west coast-bound Spyder RS got to Emden three days before mine did. His was loaded onto a boat one day after the car got to port, and his car got to his dealer this week. My car missed that boat by two days and continued to sit at Emden for a month. In total, the difference in delivery times between his Spyder RS and mine will end up being 6-8 weeks, all because my car missed a boat by two days. Feels bad, man!

Ah well, at least it's on its way and I finally have an ETA. Could be worse.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:20 PM
TWGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My 911GTS PTS arrived in Emden a week ago, (19.06) and hopefully it will be loaded on the Glovis Caravel that is currently moored there. Not sure how the "selection" process works these on these loadings to the West Coast.
One can only wait and see...it's a heck of thing to not have any control over this part of the process - kinda like most things in life!
Old 06-27-2024, 01:37 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,440 Likes on 809 Posts

Man, I had a feeling Daisy Leader was going to do something silly like that when I saw the San Diego ETA coupled with its southerly track before it dropped off VesselTracker.

What's most frustrating is that I have a friend whose west coast-bound Spyder RS got to Emden three days before mine did. His was loaded onto a boat one day after the car got to port, and his car got to his dealer this week. My car missed that boat by two days and continued to sit at Emden for a month. In total, the difference in delivery times between his Spyder RS and mine will end up being 6-8 weeks, all because my car missed a boat by two days. Feels bad, man!

Ah well, at least it's on its way and I finally have an ETA. Could be worse.
Yeah thats what i'm telling myself as well. The difference between the Crystal Ray and the Daisy Leader delivery is literally a full month apart. Had i got on the Crystal Ray i'd be taking delivery after Independence Day. But instead it looks like mid August is my actual delivery. My car was at Emden since 6/3. I wonder however if maybe the ship it gets designated to gets decided before the car even goes into production? My car actually entered production about 2 weeks early and hit Emden port early as well. I thought that would mean it would get on a ship early but its very possible this is all decided before the car even materializes and so it ending production early doesnt actually make a difference.
Old 06-27-2024, 04:27 PM
evosaurusx
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Yeah thats what i'm telling myself as well. The difference between the Crystal Ray and the Daisy Leader delivery is literally a full month apart. Had i got on the Crystal Ray i'd be taking delivery after Independence Day. But instead it looks like mid August is my actual delivery. My car was at Emden since 6/3. I wonder however if maybe the ship it gets designated to gets decided before the car even goes into production? My car actually entered production about 2 weeks early and hit Emden port early as well. I thought that would mean it would get on a ship early but its very possible this is all decided before the car even materializes and so it ending production early doesnt actually make a difference.
FWIW, my car entered production a week early, got to Emden a week early, and left Emden a week early. Even tho there was a boat scheduled to leave on my original Emden departure date, mine ended up on an earlier boat.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:59 PM
mashoutposse
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

How long has it been taking for 992s to leave Benicia? My car arrived there three days ago.

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024