Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taycan Turbo vs. Lucid Air Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 10:53 AM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Knock on the prius all you want, but it's a fantastic car... I drive mine like a golf cart - 0% or 100% throttle - and at 289K miles, she still doesn't drip a drop of any fluids... uses about 0.5 quart of oil on a 3K-4K oil change, and with the rear seats lying flat, I can haul stuff in it that I can't in the Cayenne or prior to it, the Range Rover Sport.... I've put 139K of the miles on it, and I've only had to change oil and put one set of brakes on it...
I LOVE porsche DEARLY, but that's something they couldn't dream of matching. If they could, I'd have the metaphorical open checkbook for them.
The following 2 users liked this post by SonofaBish:
flygdchman (03-03-2024), Sajan (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 11:07 AM
Zcd1
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
Whine was only during accelerating.... car is super quiet. We hit a couple manhole covers intentionally and it you hardly knew - was impressive.

I have the plaid today... i don't find it near as cheap as everyone says. It's definitely not top tier like the lucid or porsche, but it's on par with a lexus from a quality of materials perspective. I don't like the wood trim, but the layout is nice otherwise... acceleration is just as brutal as my heavily modified 911, and it's just SO damn easy...

and contrary to the other two, the plaid makes almost NO noise. I kinda like the whirls and star wars noises
Tesla doesn’t mess around with requiring any special modes to access full power - it’s always all there, and that’s a big benefit IMO.

(yes, I know about the battery preheating and cheetah modes needed for the best 1/4 mile performance, but no button pressing or menu diving is needed to access the full power the powertrain can give at any given moment)

Last edited by Zcd1; 03-03-2024 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:26 AM
shelbyking
Banned

Received 261 Likes on 147 Posts

Knock on the prius all you want, but it's a fantastic car... I drive mine like a golf cart - 0% or 100% throttle - and at 289K miles, she still doesn't drip a drop of any fluids... uses about 0.5 quart of oil on a 3K-4K oil change, and with the rear seats lying flat, I can haul stuff in it that I can't in the Cayenne or prior to it, the Range Rover Sport.... I've put 139K of the miles on it, and I've only had to change oil and put one set of brakes on it...
I LOVE porsche DEARLY, but that's something they couldn't dream of matching. If they could, I'd have the metaphorical open checkbook for them.
Glad you are happy with your Prius. I had one as a rental car for 2 days and that was more than enough for me but I despise economy cars. Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:53 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by shelbyking
What if it were only Asian tin cans to pick from.
I’ll simplify it for ya - Competition is good. Choice is good.

That said, you asked: “what if it were only Asian tin cans to pick from”…then I guess the geezers in your state of Florida, would be all set. 😎

https://www.edmunds.com/most-popular-cars/

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-03-2024 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2024, 01:08 PM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad you are happy with your Prius. I had one as a rental car for 2 days and that was more than enough for me but I despise economy cars. Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.
lol all good, just friendly poking..... I accept the prius for what it is... it's a POS for sure, but I have come to love it. Not to mention, it makes for great talk around the dinner table at holiday gatherings 😀
Old 03-03-2024, 02:54 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

lol all good, just friendly poking..... I accept the prius for what it is... it's a POS for sure, but I have come to love it. Not to mention, it makes for great talk around the dinner table at holiday gatherings 😀
Owned a 2010 Prius for about 12 years until traded in on an EV. It was my commuter car, and served me well. Wasn’t purchased for style, looks or acceleration…but saved significant gas $$$….and that’s all that matters.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-03-2024 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 02:56 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I hate to say it, but Toyota finally got the styling right in the current gen product. Way back in 2000-2001, one of my customers bought a 1st Gen Prius. Styling only a mother could love. But he had a long commute, and enjoyed the MPG. Another colleague at that job also had a long commute, and bought a 1st gen Insight. More interesting car. But he was kind of a big guy, and it was entertaining watching him try to squeeze into it. My commute was even longer. About 60 miles each way, 3-4 times a week. Often drove my 944, but usually the beater '90 Buick Regal we had at the time.
The following users liked this post:
Sajan (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 03:27 PM
shelbyking
Banned

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Owned a 2010 Prius for about 12 years until traded in on an EV. It was my commuter car, and served me well. Wasn’t purchased for style, looks or acceleration…but saved significant gas $$$….and that’s all that matters.
Sorry to hear.
The "geezers" who live in our area are far more likely to be driving Bentley, Ferrari, etc. and saving on gasoline is not "all that matters" here, quite the contrary.
https://www.thecolonygolfcc.com/

Last edited by shelbyking; 03-03-2024 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:51 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Sorry to hear.
The "geezers" who live in our area are far more likely to be driving Bentley, Ferrari, etc. and saving on gasoline is not "all that matters" here, quite the contrary.
https://www.thecolonygolfcc.com/
Don’t be (ie, “sorry”). Had 4 other cars to keep me entertained. In the meantime, the money I saved in gas, alone, paid for multiple vacations in Europe, and the icing on the cake was…in 12 years, only paid for oil/filter and tires. .

Cool….You found a development/zip code with affluent people. News flash: They are everywhere. You really need to get out more. Here’s the list of the most affluent states, per capita….not seeing Florida in the top 10…but see my state at #2:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...erica?slide=11

However, about 1 in 4 Floridians are 65, or older. To be clear, nothing wrong with geezers. Those that take care of themselves, might one day be one. 🤔

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-03-2024 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:28 PM
shelbyking
Banned

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Don’t be (ie, “sorry”). Had 4 other cars to keep me entertained. In the meantime, the money I saved in gas, alone, paid for multiple vacations in Europe, and the icing on the cake was…in 12 years, only paid for oil/filter and tires. .

Cool….You found a development/zip code with affluent people. News flash: They are everywhere. You really need to get out more. Here’s the list of the most affluent states, per capita….not seeing Florida in the top 10…but see my state at #2:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...erica?slide=11

However, about 1 in 4 Floridians are 65, or older. To be clear, nothing wrong with geezers. Those that take care of themselves, might one day be one. 🤔
Yesiree Bob. We should all drive a Prius for 12 years so we can go to Europe. News flash: We own 2 condos in Europe and didn't have to save on gas by driving a tin can for 12 years.
Thanks again for all your wonderfull statistics which I am sure are enjoyed by all.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:45 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Yesiree Bob. We should all drive a Prius for 12 years so we can go to Europe. News flash: We own 2 condos in Europe and didn't have to save on gas by driving a tin can for 12 years.
Thanks again for all your wonderfull statistics which I am sure are enjoyed by all.
That’s all? Only 2 condos?

😂

Here’s a great story for ya….hope you don’t get sick…in Florida?

https://apple.news/Acp40st4eSnC06J2ilmqu7Q

Try the “leaches”…might help things.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-03-2024 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:25 PM
shelbyking
Banned

^^^^^^^^Retired from an Orthapedic group a few years ago so I am pretty sure that we have a handle on our health care here in SW FL but thanks for the "warning". Your expertise seems to have no boundries or do you simply find a website that validates your pre conceived notions. LOL.
You sure have a major hang up with the state of Florida to the point of being laughable.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:33 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

^^^^^^^^Retired from an Orthapedic group a few years ago so I am pretty sure that we have a handle on our health care here in SW FL but thanks for the "warning". Your expertise seems to have no boundries or do you simply find a website that validates your pre conceived notions. LOL.
You sure have a major hang up with the state of Florida to the point of being laughable.
Sure you did. 😂 😂 Maybe Cleaning bed pans.

Did you use leaches? I hear they are becoming a thing in Florida..

You “sure have a major hang up (psychosis) with the Prius”. Seek mental help. 👍

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-03-2024 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:53 PM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Zcd1
Tesla doesn’t mess around with requiring any special modes to access full power - it’s always all there, and that’s a big benefit IMO.

(yes, I know about the battery preheating and cheetah modes needed for the best 1/4 mile performance, but no button pressing or menu diving is needed to access the full power the powertrain can give at any given moment)
I actually like the idea that Lucid is using. what is bad about the different modes? most people are not racing traffic light to traffic light. when on a long road trip and cruising along at 75 mph do you really need all the available HP?
The following users liked this post:
flygdchman (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 08:55 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by kort677
I actually like the idea that Lucid is using. what is bad about the different modes? most people are not racing traffic light to traffic light. when on a long road trip and cruising along at 75 mph do you really need all the available HP?

Exactly.

Quick Reply: Taycan Turbo vs. Lucid Air Grand Touring