Sponsored by:

Allocations and Deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 01:07 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 1,041 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
So do BEVs not need EPA and CARB approval?
pretty sure you still need EPA, DoT, and customs approval.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:20 AM
cluster_fsck
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpoarchy
Cluster_fsck congrats, looks like you are in the first batch too. Awesome, I have been on the list forever, just kept going up the list when people cancelled their deposit. 4S all the way, perfection.
Couldn’t agree more. It hit the sweet spot in so many ways. Sadly, it means I’ll be parting with my cherished 997.2, but my kids are way too big to fit in the backseats and it really limits us. And no room for 3 cars at my place. The one thing I find amusing is that I’ve been on various lists for Mission E, they Taycan, with my dealer and Porsche as early as possible, and have one of the first allocations at my dealer and yet I’ve never received a drip of marketing from Porsche about the Taycan. I get tons of stuff in the mail about 911s and Panameras from them (books, marketing slicks, etc.), but none of the Taycan certificates, models or chargers. Which is fine. Just get me my car!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:00 AM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cluster_fsck
Couldn’t agree more. It hit the sweet spot in so many ways. Sadly, it means I’ll be parting with my cherished 997.2, but my kids are way too big to fit in the backseats and it really limits us. And no room for 3 cars at my place. The one thing I find amusing is that I’ve been on various lists for Mission E, they Taycan, with my dealer and Porsche as early as possible, and have one of the first allocations at my dealer and yet I’ve never received a drip of marketing from Porsche about the Taycan. I get tons of stuff in the mail about 911s and Panameras from them (books, marketing slicks, etc.), but none of the Taycan certificates, models or chargers. Which is fine. Just get me my car!
Funny, me either not one shred of porsche marketing and I kinda wanted it, but I have enough cluter, I hear ya, I got a 92 celica, 97 merc e320 and a 99 996 getting a conversion, so I guess some car covers are in my future or downsizing.. which is hard for a pack rat, ha ha
The following users liked this post:
cluster_fsck (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 03:38 PM
BrassFactory
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

The marketing items are cute but you aren’t missing much.

My 4s allocation has slipped from April delivery to May delivery also. Wish it was sooner, but I’m very excited.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Brass factory - yeah that might be true for the first round or it might be earlier we will see, I keep seeing last of march and first of may, so I say April, which is a good middle ground. Depending where They hit the shores first. I am so excited too.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:47 PM
Robert Quinton
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am trying to properly configure my 4S. Does anyone know the difference between Warn and Brake Assist that is listed as standard equipment vs Adaptive Cruise Control? I don't want to waste $2,000 if I get some warning system to let me know I need to brake verses it actually slowing down the vehicle with ACC. Anyone know the difference and which way they are going with this option? I think there are some hidden items that help the driving experience without taking it over like ACC might.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by cluster_fsck
with my dealer and Porsche as early as possible, and have one of the first allocations at my dealer and yet I’ve never received a drip of marketing from Porsche about the Taycan. r!
when you placed your order did you explicitly give your address? I had 2 reservations, one with a dealer who I gave my address to and another one who I didn't. I just got one set of marketing in the mail.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:12 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BrassFactory

My 4s allocation has slipped from April delivery to May delivery also. .
Sorry to hear that. How recently did the schedule slip?

Old 01-08-2020, 10:57 PM
BrassFactory
Advanced

Dunno. I just heard about it.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:27 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Quinton
I am trying to properly configure my 4S. Does anyone know the difference between Warn and Brake Assist that is listed as standard equipment vs Adaptive Cruise Control? I don't want to waste $2,000 if I get some warning system to let me know I need to brake verses it actually slowing down the vehicle with ACC. Anyone know the difference and which way they are going with this option? I think there are some hidden items that help the driving experience without taking it over like ACC might.
I think, and this is an educated guess without verification, that Warn+Brake assist will be like the Cayenne and 992 standard system. The car will only step in upon emergency situations being detected...I.e the driver not intervening with an upcoming accident. ACC will serve as a way for the car to truly slow itself down as needed, when active, based on the traffic it senses ahead. It is much more exaggerated and not nearly as abrupt.

they’re not the same type of system.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:39 AM
Taycan4S
8th Gear

Congrats to you too Cpoarchy! My dealer hasn’t provided any more detail beyond that it will be built in February, with a March/April delivery. Hope mine is in the April batch with yours and on a boat soon. He says once it’s built he can provide more detail, so no detailed schedule now. Also suggested that there are several sites where you can track the boat. I check over the weekend on that. What color and wheels are you getting?
Old 01-09-2020, 01:55 AM
Taycan4S
8th Gear

Default Adaptive Cruise

Originally Posted by Robert Quinton
Hi Robert, You will want adaptive cruise control if you do any highway driving. Your car will keep a predetermined distance automatically with the car ahead of yours; coasting, braking, or increasing speed. I wouldn’t have a car without it, in addition to blind spot detection and automatic braking / collision avoidance.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:47 AM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Innodrive might be cool..
https://taycanforum.com/threads/firs...701/#post-7921

Old 01-09-2020, 03:31 PM
BrassFactory
Advanced

I wonder if the improved sensors necessary for innodrive are put to other uses, like emergency stopping.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:34 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,926 Posts

the what you need to know app indicates/inventories all the sensors on the car - a lot of the sensors are used fir multiple systems/functions

Quick Reply: Allocations and Deliveries?