Sponsored by:

Allocations and Deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 08:41 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 360MVA
or I misspoke but that was my takeaway from the brief conversation. Believe whatever you want I dont give a f.
what I believe is that either your friend exaggerated or you did. Either way it is completely unreliable info.

fake news.

I will take that into account next time someone says they heard from a friend that they know someone whose plumber has a friend who heard the car burned down the entire neighborhood.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:41 PM
360MVA
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by umwolverine
Was this a car that you placed a custom order demand for? That would have meant you would fixed your order in November and received confirmation of production in early December. Can you share the codes? What was your Customer Order Intake date?
My commission # is D50556 based on a doc they sent me in November. Based on the schedule they gave me it is about 2 weeks behind.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:26 AM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 360MVA
My commission # is D50556 based on a doc they sent me in November. Based on the schedule they gave me it is about 2 weeks behind.
OK, this sounds like a 'spec' car that was allocated to the dealer, and they committed delivery to you of this car, one of the first Turbo S cars to be sold to an individual in the US. Congrats if you decide to accept it.

I'm specifically asking about custom order cars, where you specify exactly what options you want, and are given specific V codes to track the car. To date, no one has given a V260 code that indicates their custom order Turbo S is in production.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:42 PM
evanevery
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

evanevery - It does look like you have an actual order. I have a Commission number. Do you have a Customer Order Intake date?

I've just been in communication with the folks down in Atlanta for the Porsche meetings. Every order demand has a Commission number, then when the dealer gets an allocation he converts the order demand to an order depending on the Customer Order Intake date.
It was originally a "Demand Order" with a DIFFERENT Commission number. Once the Allocation actually got assigned (and coded dates issued) it got a completely different Commission Number.

I'll ask about the "Customer Order Intake Date" and see what I get back...
Old 02-20-2020, 10:21 AM
evanevery
Racer

evanevery - It does look like you have an actual order. I have a Commission number. Do you have a Customer Order Intake date?

I've just been in communication with the folks down in Atlanta for the Porsche meetings. Every order demand has a Commission number, then when the dealer gets an allocation he converts the order demand to an order depending on the Customer Order Intake date.
I asked my sales guy about a "Customer Order Intake Date" and he said: " Order Entry Date is 12/19/2019 but I see no field for Customer Order Intake Date. Can you tell me what more about this or the significance of the date? I am stumped on something called Customer Order Intake Date. I see nothing in the Porsche SAP system for this. "

Not sure why you are so skeptical about any customer spec'ed TurboS orders/allocations actually in-process (Particularly when folks have Commission numbers and V-Coded production delivery schedules)...

Is the "Order Entry Date" the info you were asking about?
Old 02-20-2020, 11:47 AM
umwolverine
Racer

Originally Posted by evanevery
I asked my sales guy about a "Customer Order Intake Date" and he said: " Order Entry Date is 12/19/2019 but I see no field for Customer Order Intake Date. Can you tell me what more about this or the significance of the date? I am stumped on something called Customer Order Intake Date. I see nothing in the Porsche SAP system for this. "

Not sure why you are so skeptical about any customer spec'ed TurboS orders/allocations actually in-process (Particularly when folks have Commission numbers and V-Coded production delivery schedules)...

Is the "Order Entry Date" the info you were asking about?
The "Customer Order Intake Date" is the date that you actually placed the deposit for the car. Mine is August 2018. I just haven't seen anyone who has actually specified a car (all options available on the online configurator) and that car has a production code. There are several hundred Turbo S cars that have been shipped to customers here in the US that have been 'ordered', but these are people who are taking a spec car, as opposed to a custom order.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:10 PM
evanevery
Racer

The "Customer Order Intake Date" is the date that you actually placed the deposit for the car. Mine is August 2018. I just haven't seen anyone who has actually specified a car (all options available on the online configurator) and that car has a production code. There are several hundred Turbo S cars that have been shipped to customers here in the US that have been 'ordered', but these are people who are taking a spec car, as opposed to a custom order.
I gave my dealer my initial Taycan Insider Deposit ($2K) on Feb 19 2019). Since you are saying your "Customer Order Intake Date" was in August 2018 (pre-production), it appears that THIS is the deposit you are talking about. I also gave my dealer another (larger) deposit when they finally got an allocation to convert my demand order into an actual order. THAT order date" was DEC 19 2019.

The date you gave your deposit to your dealer (you apparently call it a "Customer Order Intake Date") is meaningless as it has no relative determination as to how allocations are/were assigned. Porsche specifically gave/gives ABSOLUTELY NO PREFERENCE to Taycan deposit holders in the allocation process. (You can read about this in the Taycan Insider Program Details). You get your allocation strictly based on how/when your dealer gets them from Porsche - and Porsche made/makes absolutely no effort to try and get initial allocations into the hands of dealers with existing Taycan Insider Deposit holders. Dealers simply get their Taycan allocations based on their historical sales volume. (My dealer actually had to trade with another dealer to get my TurboS allocation). IMHO: this decision makes the whole Taycan Insider Deposit Program pretty disingenuous and useless but that's simply the way it is/was. There is another (very contentious) thread in this forum which specifically discusses how stupid, useless, and disingenuous the whole Taycan Insider Program is/was if you want to search for it...

If you are concerned about the dates folks gave their insider deposits to their dealers (your "Customer Order Intake Date") then you are barking up the wrong tree and/or have been given bad information.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:27 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Not looking to get into arguments, but the COI date simply indicates what position you are in line at that particular dealer and it depends on the relationship you have with the dealer. Mine is one of the largest in the midwest, and they have tried to trade for a Turbo S allocation but could not. I have no idea how Porsche distributes allocations, but I have not heard from anyone who has custom ordered a car with an allocation that has currently received a V260 code indicating that your car is currently in production. The fact that we've now heard of only two actual allocation orders, and neither one has been confirmed to have started production and the delivery time is starting to stretch out to at least mid- July, I'm starting to think - why not just wait until June to order? If my dealer gives me an allocation in April, I might just do that...

Last edited by umwolverine; 02-20-2020 at 04:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (02-20-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 07:06 PM
evanevery
Racer

Not looking to get into arguments, but the COI date simply indicates what position you are in line at that particular dealer and it depends on the relationship you have with the dealer. Mine is one of the largest in the midwest, and they have tried to trade for a Turbo S allocation but could not. I have no idea how Porsche distributes allocations, but I have not heard from anyone who has custom ordered a car with an allocation that has currently received a V260 code indicating that your car is currently in production. The fact that we've now heard of only two actual allocation orders, and neither one has been confirmed to have started production and the delivery time is starting to stretch out to at least mid- July, I'm starting to think - why not just wait until June to order? If my dealer gives me an allocation in April, I might just do that...
Your "COI" date simply indicates the date at which you gave your dealer your initial deposit. Its is that date simply because that's what you say and define it to be. It means nothing to Porsche. This is a circular argument.

The date you gave your initial deposit only means something to your dealer if they choose to honor your place "in line" with them. Additionally, in order for your dealer to convert your demand order to an actual production order, they would need to get an allocation from Porsche or trade for one from another dealer. That's entirely up to them, their motivation, and what they may be able to find and trade for.

I don't know how big my dealer is wrt the rest of the midwest dealers, but they DID manage to get me an allocation - although they did have to trade for it. (...and YES, my dealer is in the midwest (Milwaukee)).
Old 02-21-2020, 08:40 AM
tnikolov
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I just got a word from my dealer and am awaiting a delivery in the first week of March. Yeah!
The following 3 users liked this post by tnikolov:
ceresma (02-21-2020), daveo4porsche (02-21-2020), F308gt4 (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:22 AM
evanevery
Racer

Originally Posted by Tenko Nikolov
I just got a word from my dealer and am awaiting a delivery in the first week of March. Yeah!
Congrats! Which model?
Old 02-21-2020, 12:56 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Originally Posted by PorscheRS
Let me clear this up:

If your name is on a build sheet, with a comm#, with a V200 status or later (V210, V250, V300, etc), then you have an actual allocation - a car that was allocated to a dealer by PCNA (that was allocated to PCNA by PAG), that will be produced. If it's anything other than that, you don't have an allocated car. It's that simple - period.

An "Order Demand" means nothing - it's used internally by Porsche to help gauge demand for a car. There are probably 1000 times more order demands for something like a GT3, than the total number of GT3s that are actually built - and the number of order demands maybe has 5% influence over how many cars Porsche actually builds. In terms of you receiving an allocation - if your dealer has entered an "order demand" for you, it's the same as if they have not. It means nothing to the buyer, it doesn't increase your chances of getting an allocation whatsoever - it literally means nothing.
Yes - correct. What I'm trying to figure out is why there are so few allocations for the Turbo S in the US, and why are the production and delivery dates so far out? According to my dealer, there are quite a few Turbo S deposits, but they have yet to receive a single allocation. When they do, according to the allocation dates that have been posted here, it looks like the time from allocation order to delivery is 5 months. Why the heck is this, and what is is about the Turbo S vs the Turbo or 4S that is causing this shortage??
Old 02-21-2020, 03:04 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 498 Posts

Yes - correct. What I'm trying to figure out is why there are so few allocations for the Turbo S in the US, and why are the production and delivery dates so far out? According to my dealer, there are quite a few Turbo S deposits, but they have yet to receive a single allocation. When they do, according to the allocation dates that have been posted here, it looks like the time from allocation order to delivery is 5 months. Why the heck is this, and what is is about the Turbo S vs the Turbo or 4S that is causing this shortage??
China, that's why. If you haven't heard, Porsche is selling more cars in China than anywhere else. It seems dumping local jobs so we can buy stuff cheap in China has created such a large wealthy middle class that they are sucking up Porsche production (of everything). But don't despair, if it wasn't for China's volume the Taycan Turbo S would be $350,000 instead.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:20 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 1,041 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheRS
At $200k Porsche will sell far fewer Turbo S' than any other variant. They can only produce x number of Taycans per day. I would imagine it's more efficient to produce them in batches of the same variant. So they've devoted production to the 4S in mass first. The Turbo S allocations are tight right now, but it could be that your dealer just didnt recieve an allocation in the last round that went out. We have an April allocated Turbo S (spoken for already) - I would tend to think Porsche decided on a Q2 roll out.
I think they confused matters because all the press, 1st drives, and reviews are for the Turbo S. I don't know this for a fact, but in my opinion they did that to validate the car's performance against Tesla - specifically with respect to 0 - 60/100 acceleration.
Right or wrong, PAG has their reasons. They have an implementation strategy, data, market research, etc. That's what is guiding their strategy. We're all just speculating for the most part. They know what they're doing though.
not persuaded. They have a nice window where their competition is basically an 8 yro Tesla. That window is closing rapidly. There will be (at least announced for 2021) a 3 motor Model S, a Tesla Roadster and a McLaren hybrid by the end of the year. All of which will spank the existing Taycan on performance. They need to bank their wins. Yes, different cars not all equivalents etc etc.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:13 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
not persuaded. They have a nice window where their competition is basically an 8 yro Tesla. That window is closing rapidly. There will be (at least announced for 2021) a 3 motor Model S, a Tesla Roadster and a McLaren hybrid by the end of the year. All of which will spank the existing Taycan on performance. They need to bank their wins. Yes, different cars not all equivalents etc etc.
I have to agree. The Turbo S is their most profitable car, probably by a longshot, and according to my dealer he has almost as many Turbo S deposits as Turbo. For some reason, almost certainly a production problem, they just aren't making and delivering the Turbo S to US customers.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (02-27-2020)

Quick Reply: Allocations and Deliveries?