Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allocations and Deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020 | 06:32 PM
evanevery
Racer

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
I had my firm commission back in November. The original "lock" date for the build was supposed to be late November (see post #173 in this thread) with Entry to Body Shop in late January. Those dates have no changed. My configuration "lock" date was pushed to last Friday the 14th (confirmed last Saturday at the dealership), with a targeted Entry to Body Shop second week of March. Original delivery was targeted at mid-April, but has moved out to early May now. Really anxious to get the car.

Toby
Did anyone give you an explanation why your dates slipped so much?
Old 02-18-2020 | 06:50 PM
360MVA
Racer

Mine is now at the port but I am having 2nd thoughts after hearing something today. Long story short, s friend of mine who lives in south Florida just told me about a neighbor who's car while charging had some sort of issue and their house burnt down. I am getting more details this week and will share. I also was told that the Pres of PNA is on his way there with a staff to analyze the situation. I am sure we will all be reading about this soon unless Porsche pays them to be quiet. Fortunately the family was away when the house caught fire and no one was injured or worse.
Old 02-18-2020 | 06:51 PM
360MVA
Racer

Originally Posted by umwolverine
Bottom line is that nobody has ordered a Turbo S and has confirmation that it is in production.

Not true at all - see my post below.
Old 02-18-2020 | 06:53 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 360MVA
Mine is now at the port but I am having 2nd thoughts after hearing something today. Long story short, s friend of mine who lives in south Florida just told me about a neighbor who's car while charging had some sort of issue and their house burnt down. I am getting more details this week and will share. I also was told that the Pres of PNA is on his way there with a staff to analyze the situation. I am sure we will all be reading about this soon unless Porsche pays them to be quiet. Fortunately the family was away when the house caught fire and no one was injured or worse.
this was all over the news yesterday.
Old 02-18-2020 | 06:56 PM
umwolverine
Racer

evanevery - It does look like you have an actual order. I have a Commission number. Do you have a Customer Order Intake date?

I've just been in communication with the folks down in Atlanta for the Porsche meetings. Every order demand has a Commission number, then when the dealer gets an allocation he converts the order demand to an order depending on the Customer Order Intake date.

Last edited by umwolverine; 02-18-2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:04 PM
360MVA
Racer

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
this was all over the news yesterday.

I just found this this article but I hope to have more detail soon. https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/18/2...v-fire-florida

Last edited by 360MVA; 02-18-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:08 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Not true at all - see my post below.

Was this a car that you placed a custom order demand for? That would have meant you would fixed your order in November and received confirmation of production in early December. Can you share the codes? What was your Customer Order Intake date?
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:10 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Definitely keep us posted on this - sounds like you have some inside information that would be very valuable.
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:17 PM
360MVA
Racer

Originally Posted by umwolverine
Was this a car that you placed a custom order demand for? That would have meant you would fixed your order in November and received confirmation of production in early December. Can you share the codes? What was your Customer Order Intake date?
Honestly I dont have all my dates and codes. I was told early on that I could have their first one so here it comes. I should seat this weekend but really having second thoughts until I hear what happened. This could be an isolated issue but I dont want to risk it until I know more.
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:18 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Long story short, s friend of mine who lives in south Florida just told me about a neighbor who's car while charging had some sort of issue and their house burnt down..
Your friend is full of hyperbole. There was a fire in the garage, but there is no indication that the "house burned down". I would take what they say with some extra grains of salt. They may just have read about this on twitter like everyone else yesterday and decided to "fill in the gaps" on details by adding a little excitement of a house burning down.
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:25 PM
360MVA
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Roberts
Your friend is full of hyperbole. There was a fire in the garage, but there is no indication that the "house burned down". I would take what they say with some extra grains of salt. They may just have read about this on twitter like everyone else yesterday and decided to "fill in the gaps" on details by adding a little excitement of a house burning down.

OK, whatever you say. They know and live near each other but you are right maybe he read this on twitter and took it from there.
Old 02-18-2020 | 07:37 PM
360MVA
Racer

Another article I found nothing much different than the other. I will hopefully get the real scoop soon. https://electrek.co/2020/02/17/porsc...arage-florida/

Old 02-18-2020 | 08:05 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

OK, whatever you say. They know and live near each other but you are right maybe he read this on twitter and took it from there.
or he was right the house was burned down, and somehow that was missed in the video and the twitter comments since they focused only on the car and garage. yeah, that's the ticket.
Old 02-18-2020 | 08:12 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evanevery
Did anyone give you an explanation why your dates slipped so much?
No, no explanation from PAG. I suspect that PAG is still working out all of the bugs on their production line. My build may also be influenced by the ordering of the second screen on the passenger side. No confirmation of that, but I have heard rumors that the second screen might incur delays.
Old 02-18-2020 | 08:20 PM
360MVA
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Roberts
or he was right the house was burned down, and somehow that was missed in the video and the twitter comments since they focused only on the car and garage. yeah, that's the ticket.
or I misspoke but that was my takeaway from the brief conversation. Believe whatever you want I dont give a f.

Quick Reply: Allocations and Deliveries?