Szpet
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New steering wheel

Old 01-25-2017, 05:28 PM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

...buying this to,get some track time in before I take the garage queen 996TT Out...
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Leadingedge
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 TT Work

Color matched skirts and valance today. <br/>R. Bumper tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:25 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 192 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by drcheap
...buying this to,get some track time in before I take the garage queen 996TT Out...
Nice, I've also got a Miata that I drive when I don't want to take the TT out. Replacing it with a Boxster soon though...
Old 01-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Leadingedge
Rennlist Member

Default Lowers done

All lowers cokor matched and done. Happy with it and give it a more finished look as all one color.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:32 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Winter Maintanance Time

Time to do some 30k Maint, clean out the front radiators and get ready for Driving season.
Attached Images   
Old 01-27-2017, 02:45 AM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Last week installed Kline decatt exhaust and got some antisieze on one of the o2 sensor (crap). Replaced but when I Got it up and running I was having hesitation during slight acceleration so around noon went to Lowes got some 2" rubber couplers and end caps, made the pressure testing apparati and started searching. Ended up having to lower the motor to get to the culprit and take out the Y-pipe to get to another. Zip tied all that I could get to and now it's holding at 20 psi. No more hesitation.

Shout out to sambo. The baddest **** out there. (I still love you Kevin). He's been a huge help and the mafless tune and Kline decatt he set me up with would put a smile on anyones face. It definitely rivals my fister 3's (993) but in a demonic screaming ***** to the walls kinda way.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,559 Posts

The winter weather in my part of the world has been very mild so I pulled mine out of storage and took a nice long back roads drive. It was heaven.

Porsche's marketing department has started publicizing that Porsche doesn't sell cars, they sell experiences. I am starting to buy into that ethos.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:35 PM
Bobcat Sig
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pulled the front bumper in order to replace the lower front grills with the proper units.

While in there, I also took the advice to clean the radiator. Ugh... so much garbage trapped in there. This only from the driver's side. There was at least this much for both the front and the passenger side. The upside is that I just increased my power-to-weight ratio.

While in there, I also found the driver's side front wheel well liner cracked so I went to town with some zip-ties. No pictures as I was racing the darkness.

I also found that I'm in need of a whole box of proper fasteners. Many were missing or incorrect. I found a self-tapping sheet metal screw in one spot. Da fuq!?

The grill lowers swapped in easily, but again no pictures. Stupid short winter days.

And the appropriate reward for a DIY afternoon.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Leadingedge
Rennlist Member

Default Washed and took this picture. 😂

Old 01-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Therapy996t
Advanced

Noticed my car wasn't 't driving in the snow like any other 4x4 or awd car I've driven and took it to the mechanic. Turns out I was right to think something was wrong. Both front CV shafts are toast and he recommended that I replace the struts/other suspension incidentals in addition to the CV shafts. Total tab - $9,900 installed. I know I bought a car with 100,000 miles on it and I know that it was, and is still maintained as, a $120,000 car but at least I bought it from Porsche of Tysons Corner for $32,000 (new clutch installed). Didn't get a pre-purchase inspection because I would have thought Porsche would have at least made sure the drive train was functional. I knew it wasn't a garage queen when I bought it but COMMMMOOOOOON! -sigh- I got a great price of entry for a car that is still fan freaking tastic to drive. I still believe it to be mostly a good bargain. Would never have been able to get into this car otherwise. I'll just hold off on the awd/suspension fix. At least the mechanic told me my brakes and other safety equipment is functional. Who needs all wheel drive in North Dakota, anyway? Seriously, I had no clue the fronts weren't pulling until winter and even then the car is totally manageable in ice and snow. It doesn't leak anything, it pulls like something that pulls really hard, sounds great, looks great, and I grin like a crazy person every time I drive it. Wish me luck, guys (and gals)! Cheers,
Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 AM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 192 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Therapy996t
Noticed my car wasn't 't driving in the snow like any other 4x4 or awd car I've driven and took it to the mechanic. Turns out I was right to think something was wrong. Both front CV shafts are toast and he recommended that I replace the struts/other suspension incidentals in addition to the CV shafts. Total tab - $9,900 installed. I know I bought a car with 100,000 miles on it and I know that it was, and is still maintained as, a $120,000 car but at least I bought it from Porsche of Tysons Corner for $32,000 (new clutch installed). Didn't get a pre-purchase inspection because I would have thought Porsche would have at least made sure the drive train was functional. I knew it wasn't a garage queen when I bought it but COMMMMOOOOOON! -sigh- I got a great price of entry for a car that is still fan freaking tastic to drive. I still believe it to be mostly a good bargain. Would never have been able to get into this car otherwise. I'll just hold off on the awd/suspension fix. At least the mechanic told me my brakes and other safety equipment is functional. Who needs all wheel drive in North Dakota, anyway? Seriously, I had no clue the fronts weren't pulling until winter and even then the car is totally manageable in ice and snow. It doesn't leak anything, it pulls like something that pulls really hard, sounds great, looks great, and I grin like a crazy person every time I drive it. Wish me luck, guys (and gals)! Cheers,
I might be selling the complete AWD unit/front axles/etc out of my car in the next month or two if you'd be interested. Waiting on a couple of things to come and doing a RWD conversion.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Therapy996t
Advanced

Originally Posted by T10Chris
I might be selling the complete AWD unit/front axles/etc out of my car in the next month or two if you'd be interested. Waiting on a couple of things to come and doing a RWD conversion.
I'll PM you
Old 01-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Originally Posted by Therapy996t
Did your mechanic check the viscous coupling? Having that go bad would be a more likely cause for the AWD to not be functioning.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

A 996 turbo won't spin the front wheels, not even in snow. It puts "some" torque to the front wheels. It's probably working just fine, thats why it drives soon good in the snow

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?