Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 12:13 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

That is a fantastic idea. It would be great to see some notes next to the maps. Say: a track map for stock 997 suspension without sways. Or map for 997 for WG track with B16 coilovers...

--------------
997.1 C2S
Old 05-01-2016, 02:14 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Unfortunately the car hasn't come out of the garage since my last post and will be trapped in there a couple more days until we finish doing some Spring yard work (wall blocks and mulch - fun, fun), the supplies for which are sitting on the driveway in-front of the garage door.

Should be taking it out this weekend and comparing impressions sounds great.
Just wondering if you ever had a chance to take your car out and tweak the settings?
Old 05-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,444 Likes on 4,106 Posts

I have and driven it quite a bit since the change. I'm very happy with it now. The suspension is much more comfortable when just cruising around or going straight on the highway, especially over less than stellar pavement, but still tightens up nicely when pushed. It's the best of both worlds all the time now.

Thanks for the reminder to update this thread. When I'm back my PC tomorrow, I can list the specific settings and upload the profiles to the share site in the 2-mode-box subfolder.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:23 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

I have and driven it quite a bit since the change. I'm very happy with it now. The suspension is much more comfortable when just cruising around or going straight on the highway, especially over less than stellar pavement, but still tightens up nicely when pushed. It's the best of both worlds all the time now.

Thanks for the reminder to update this thread. When I'm back my PC tomorrow, I can list the specific settings and upload the profiles to the share site in the 2-mode-box subfolder.
Oh great! Would be curious what you came up with. I have some basic mods (B16's + swaybars), and I think whatever I did is making the suspension too stiff.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:58 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Be sure to remove all preload on the sway bars. My ride was a bit too stiff with B16's and H&R swaybars. After adjusting the preload properly it felt better. It's still stiffer than stock normal to normal, sport to sport, but it did make a difference.

Pelican has a good article on sway bars, drop links, and taking out the preload. It's about halfway down: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...ur_Carrera.htm
Old 05-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My car setup (2005 997.1 supercharged C2S):
  • Bilstein B16 Damptronics
  • Cargraphic AirLift Front Axle Lift
  • Tarret Front Monoball Top Mounts (Rears Top Mounts are OEM)
  • RSS Adjustable Sway Bars Front & Rear (middle of the 3 holes at both ends / no preload)
  • RSS Stage 2 Tarmac Components (Front & Rear Toe Steer Kits, Rear Dog-bones, F&R LCAs, Rear Camber Lock Kit, Adjustable Drop Links, etc). All have rubber boots on the ends and were Teflon lubed prior to the covers being installed.
  • Car is running GT3 alignment settings and corner balanced. Front spring perches are essentially all the way down to get a bit of drop over factory but the AirLift kit adds a little height. Rears were then set for 1% rear to front downward rake and then corner balanced from there.

What I'm currently running on my 2 mode box is:
  • Mode 1 (Normal) - 1500 full soft from 0-40% then incrementally decreases to 850 at 100%
  • Mode 2 (Sport) - 1350 at 0% incrementally decreasing to 500 at 100%
  • I've created a folder under my user name Petza914 on the Share Site setup by nzskater - the link to my folder with this profile is here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WdjX1BycFVoNk0
  • I created 2 subfolders under my username - the first is for the older 3-mode box which has the original file TPC sent me in that box and a custom one I created that I was not able to write to that box, which is why I changed to the 2 mode box. The second folder has the profiles for the newer 2-mode box - the custom one described above and the standard one the box came programmed with from TPC. In the file names, I've described the setups so you can see what they are before downloading or opening them on your PC.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:56 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

That is one sweet set up you have, Petza.

Here are my settings on the 2-mode box:
Front: 1150 (0%) to 700 (100%)
Rear: 800 (0%) to 300 (100%)
Lng Rate 15.0, Lat Rate 100.0, Rate Max 20.0, Rate Trigger 15

Suspension Mods are:
Bilstein B16
H&R Front/Rear Sways (Rear Set to stiffest)
Tire Pressure (HOT) 39F/40R, MPSS 235F/295R
Camber: -1.5 F / -1.9 R

Everything is perfect. And there's no more understeer (thanks to the DSC allowing me to stiffen up the rear even more). And no more "light" steering on highway straights.

Last edited by gasongasoff; 05-15-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:47 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Tuning Software Update

Hey everybody,

We have now released a new version of the tuning software, which you can find on our website at www.dscsport.com! I will also be sending out an email to everybody who signed up for the software on the website when they downloaded it. This will feature a direct download link, so you don't need to fill out the contact form again.

The new software works for all models. Under File you can select your vehicle type.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Appreciate the ongoing development. Other than being able to select the vehicle type, does it change anything else? Asked another way, if my box is already programmed, and it's my only car with DSC, is there any advantage to downloading the new software and using it to reprogram the same settings into my DSC box or does this just make it simpler for people with multiple cars that have DSC boxes in them?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Hey everybody,

We have now released a new version of the tuning software, which you can find on our website at www.dscsport.com! I will also be sending out an email to everybody who signed up for the software on the website when they downloaded it. This will feature a direct download link, so you don't need to fill out the contact form again.

The new software works for all models. Under File you can select your vehicle type.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:52 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Appreciate the ongoing development. Other than being able to select the vehicle type, does it change anything else? Asked another way, if my box is already programmed, and it's my only car with DSC, is there any advantage to downloading the new software and using it to reprogram the same settings into my DSC box or does this just make it simpler for people with multiple cars that have DSC boxes in them?

Thanks.
The update includes some minor bug fixes, and as this is now the only tuning software (as opposed to different files for different models) all major updates will be made to this version now. So it's probably worth getting on board now.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Default File Sharing Database Now Live!

The process is quite basic for now, and improvements will be made as we start to make use of this newest feature.

Access the latest .pdts (tuning maps) from DSC Sport for each model in the database (these are the only current files in the database), and share your own user-created files with other users.

The page also features a link to this forum discussion, so hopefully we can revive the discussion surrounding tuning capabilities.

I already have some ideas for improvements to be made, but I wanted to get something up as soon as possible for users to access and share files. However, if you have any feedback or ideas for improvements, I am all ears. This is intended to be a community feature, so I think the more feedback I get the better I will be able to tailor this for something that can benefit us all.

- Jordan

Last edited by DSC Sport; 06-30-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:10 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

The process is quite basic for now, and improvements will be made as we start to make use of this newest feature.

Access the latest .pdts (tuning maps) from DSC Sport for each model in the database (these are the only current files in the database), and share your own user-created files with other users.

The page also features a link to this forum discussion, so hopefully we can revive the discussion surrounding tuning capabilities.

I already have some ideas for improvements to be made, but I wanted to get something up as soon as possible for users to access and share files. However, if you have any feedback or ideas for improvements, I am all ears. This is intended to be a community feature, so I think the more feedback I get the better I will be able to tailor this for something that can benefit us all.

- Jordan
Here's my feedback:
THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME
Old 06-09-2016, 03:07 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Tom et all - you've still got a G anomaly in the 0.6g front line, not symmetrical from left g's to right g's.
The following users liked this post:
ROJOFRO (04-04-2022)
Old 06-23-2016, 02:58 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Guys - the downloadable file on the website for the 997, is that a 2 or 3 mode file? The reason I ask is that if I set up the software for 2 mode you only see "normal" and "sport". I thought the "normal" and "track" were the 2 modes for the newer modules? (with the track having a different shock cal)
Old 06-29-2016, 07:18 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

- Jordan
This link doesn't seem to be working. I'm trying to adjust the shock calibration but am running into a steep learning curve here. I'll call later this week but is there a different link to the one you supplied here:
http://www.dscsport.com/tuning-maps/

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread