Notices

2010 Forza 3 - ALMS / ELMS ... Race Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:50 PM
michel944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to Greg on a great championship run !
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Here is some video from the first lap.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:02 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by michel944
Congrats to Greg on a great championship run !
Thanks, I think if there is a next season. I may have to run for fun and let you guys race for points.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
GT1 ...

GT2 ...

Good job Phil! Your first win.

Good race Clive!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

Well even though I came last it was a lot of fun. I just wanted to be competative and stay out of trouble. Thanks to "Jumper Tuning technologies" my car was competative and was able to run in second for quite some time until the mistakes i made just took there toll.

Great Run by Phil who was able to open up a big lead quickly and had clear air for the whole race.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:51 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Lots of fun today. Clive did a great job of mixing it up with the 'vette boys. Really thought that we were going to finish 1 and 2 today. I also forgot that DigitalPZ was still in our class but running with the GT1 guys and I should have pushed harder since I was still racing against the clock!It's easy to get complacent once you have a clear track in front of you.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like a great final race in both classes, sorry I had to miss it! Clive, great to see you made it out!

Looking forward to the next series. Greg, I think you should still run with us for points, but maybe to make it harder limit yourself to a 725 PI or something? You would probably have more fun if we could give you a challenge!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Sounds like a great final race in both classes, sorry I had to miss it! Clive, great to see you made it out!

Looking forward to the next series. Greg, I think you should still run with us for points, but maybe to make it harder limit yourself to a 725 PI or something? You would probably have more fun if we could give you a challenge!
I've tried that before, I end up getting passed on all the straights and then when I get a chance to pass in the corners can't without getting bumped off I get passed again in the next corner.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I've tried that before, I end up getting passed on all the straights and then when I get a chance to pass in the corners can't without getting bumped off I get passed again in the next corner.
Ah, I see. And you already run with all the assists off right? Maybe the rest of us just need to step up our game!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

yup i think that is the take away message ..
Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
michel944
Pro

Ah, I see. And you already run with all the assists off right? Maybe the rest of us just need to step up our game!
That's what I'm trying to do, towards the end of the season I turned fastest laps at Catalunya and Silverstone and was around 10 seconds back at the end of the races. If Greg and I both drives RSR's we are gonna be VERY close, it's a question of tenths or hundreds. But Greg likes to run modified street cars and he really knows how to get the best of these, way more than me. What he loses in the twisties compared to an RSR he more than makes up for it as soon as there is a stretch of road ! The RSR is not much faster than a stock RS on the circuit straights. He has the ability to mix the best mods together and get the most efficient car. This is where he still leaves me in the dust. But I'm trying !!!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by michel944
That's what I'm trying to do, towards the end of the season I turned fastest laps at Catalunya and Silverstone and was around 10 seconds back at the end of the races. If Greg and I both drives RSR's we are gonna be VERY close, it's a question of tenths or hundreds. But Greg likes to run modified street cars and he really knows how to get the best of these, way more than me. What he loses in the twisties compared to an RSR he more than makes up for it as soon as there is a stretch of road ! The RSR is not much faster than a stock RS on the circuit straights. He has the ability to mix the best mods together and get the most efficient car. This is where he still leaves me in the dust. But I'm trying !!!

Easy to drive/ grippy car = slower lap times. Build a car that has faster lap times means having more top speed and acceleration which really means you've got to give up grip. That makes the car harder to drive but if driven correctly leads to faster lap times.
Driven correctly Lap after lap .5 or 1 sec faster creates the gap which is easily lost by going off. Many races after getting a 20 sec lead I would relax and lose 5 seconds in a lap.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:11 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

2010 Race Season Post-Mortem:

So how did everyone enjoy this past race season on Forza 3? I would love to get feedback from everyone so that we can make next years series even better.

Did you like or dislike that I set up a complete schedule for the season?

How did you feel about the availibility/restriction of cars (Run what you own), and mods up to the R3 745 level?

GT1 / GT2 - We have a wide range of driver skill levels in our series ... and all different levels of personal competitive ... but I want to balance this will having fun, so that guys enjoy getting up on Sunday mornings, and racing.

I'm considering 3 Driver levels for next year...

GT1 - Hardcore - running will simulated damage - full accident mode.

GT2 - Intermediate - running with limited damage - full accident mode.

GT3 - Novice - running with cosmetic damage - full accident mode.

Driver Points ... How did you feel about the points program this year?

Comments, Questions and Concerns ....

Mark
Old 04-06-2010, 08:26 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
2010 Race Season Post-Mortem:

So how did everyone enjoy this past race season on Forza 3? I would love to get feedback from everyone so that we can make next years series even better.

Hey Mark,

First of all, I had a blast and can't wait until next season!

I think 3 driver levels might be a bit too many, as we don't have a lot of racers, and I find that racing with those faster than you pushes you to drive harder. I think it also takes away from the game if you have 3 cars racing in GT1, because nobody sees anybody the whole race. It's more fun with a full grid, and passing, and the odd crash!

I mentioned this suggestion earlier but I think the post got buried. I think we should have the GT1/GT2 classes as we do now, but the last place racer of GT1 should swap classes with the first place racer of GT2 each week. This will keep switching up the starting grid and also ensure that the top of GT2 class doesn't horde points, and the bottom of GT1 class doesn't come away with 0 every time. Or perhaps the top 2 and bottom 2 switch.

Another idea is to set up the starting grid so that instead of qualifying, the grid starts in reverse order of overall season standing (which would mean doing a fake qualifying to get into position). It might make things more interesting and competitive.

Anyway, when does the next season start!? Anybody interested in Sunday morning off-season racing? Maybe get some drivers ed from Greg and Michel? There was a day when preparing for Mugello (which I didn't end up racing) that Michel took me around the track following him, and showed me where to turn in, what lines to take, and when he was shifting... my lap times improved by about 1.5s! It was a lot of fun!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
michel944
Pro

I mentioned this suggestion earlier but I think the post got buried. I think we should have the GT1/GT2 classes as we do now, but the last place racer of GT1 should swap classes with the first place racer of GT2 each week. This will keep switching up the starting grid and also ensure that the top of GT2 class doesn't horde points, and the bottom of GT1 class doesn't come away with 0 every time. Or perhaps the top 2 and bottom 2 switch.

Another idea is to set up the starting grid so that instead of qualifying, the grid starts in reverse order of overall season standing (which would mean doing a fake qualifying to get into position). It might make things more interesting and competitive.
Yes we talked about that and it would be nice to upgrade / downgrade drivers each race. Or maybe two like you said. The only problem I see with that is if the same guy always win GT1 it will be a walkaway with the championship.

Then about the reverse grid I would say yes only if it is within each class and not overall when we run together. Otherwise with GT1 starting last behind GT2 there is a 90% chance that the GT1 guys will get heavy damage trying to get through the pack.....It's simple and I've experienced it many times at Catalunya and Silverstone : we all know that the Porsches are more nimble and have better brakes than the GT2 guys' Corvettes, with the RSR at least ! But the Corvettes were way faster than the RSR on the straights, that's a fact. What happened, and this with many different Corvette drivers when putting them a lap down, is when I passed someone braking into a corner (the only way to pass with the RSR) he would then catch me in the following straight and try to get his position back in the next corner !!!!!! So he waits until the RSR brake lights come on and then he brakes ! You get the idea ? Every time I was looking in my rearview mirror and taking an un-natural tight line to protect my rear end because each time I would see a Corvette going by inches behind and straight into the grass outside the turn !!! He had to brake way before the RSR but braked at the same time ! The majority of the GT2 guys have done that ! So that's why I wouldn't start behind them....

That is something we have to address before next season : when we put someone a lap down he must not try to challenge you and put you at risk in the next corner as if you were fighting for position !!!

Quick Reply: 2010 Forza 3 - ALMS / ELMS ... Race Schedule