Notices

Tons of 911’s for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 08:50 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Totally agree. Now is not the time to buy a used GT car with what should come in 4-8 months. Unless you really want it and don't care.

I'm having a hard time swallowing the lux tax pill on high priced cars, like 3RS. I spec one but then that puts me off. Don't want to support it. Ordering a Cayenne and even the $3600 there irritates me.

We need a pullback on numerous fronts. Sooner the better.
My wish list for Poilievre when he replaces Trudolt is to repeal luxury tax, repeal ban of certain firearms and lower taxes. Would be happy with any 2 of 3!

The following 2 users liked this post by moab:
GTA_991 (10-20-2023), RealityGT (10-19-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 08:42 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
My wish list for Poilievre when he replaces Trudolt is to repeal luxury tax, repeal ban of certain firearms and lower taxes. Would be happy with any 2 of 3!
I saw a clip yesterday with him talking about what he would do as PM. It's a perennial topic, taxes. He hit the nail on the head for me, Canadians have no incentive to work, pay too much taxes. General statement but couldn't be more true, more than half of my income is gone to income tax, + + + +. I wish I could go somewhere else, there are minimal benefits to doing business here, they don't outweigh the pros of being elsewhere. Unfortunately, not so easy to pick up and leave.

Old 10-20-2023, 09:01 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 459 Posts

I saw a clip yesterday with him talking about what he would do as PM. It's a perennial topic, taxes. He hit the nail on the head for me, Canadians have no incentive to work, pay too much taxes. General statement but couldn't be more true, more than half of my income is gone to income tax, + + + +. I wish I could go somewhere else, there are minimal benefits to doing business here, they don't outweigh the pros of being elsewhere. Unfortunately, not so easy to pick up and leave.
Yep, agree with that. Have though of it and am married to an American and have two European passports also, but the state of the US is bad and getting much worse, and Europe in general is not much better, so will stick around. A hanger of government is better than a change of country
Old 10-20-2023, 09:03 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 459 Posts

In terms of resale value, I saw a recent German dealer vid ( subtitled in English), projecting some of the more desirable Porsches in the European market to increase in value:
Old 10-20-2023, 09:10 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 328 Posts

The only thing that mitigates the crushing personal tax for me is the availability of a professional corporation which is taxed at 26% so that helps defer taxes and hopefully allows me to invest more now. But you always have to end up paying the piper. If I could move to one other place, it would probaby be somewhere in Texas. But as long as Toronto isn't overrun by Hamas, I'll probably stick it out here.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:32 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

I'm starting to consider moving to the US, Quebec is getting bad, province is broke and and most people's answer to bad soviet-style government is more bad soviet-style government. It will not end well for the more well-off population. When most people consider someone earning $100k a year as "rich" you can see where this is going. Green taxes and other freedom-limiting idiocies are being talked about more and more in the media. In my opinion a left-wing US state is way better than an ultra-left wing province. Still got a couple years to plan it as the kids need to grow up first.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:39 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 248 Likes on 146 Posts

It's wild how like minded enthusiasts think along the same lines... I've been looking at Austin and surrounding areas, trying to find a property/location to develop a family home.
I like Texans.. honest and straight forward. I have no issues with open carry.
The following 3 users liked this post by RealityGT:
997turbocab (10-20-2023), GTA_991 (10-20-2023), IXLR8 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 09:43 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

Oh by the way there's a Sport Classic on the Porsche.ca website asking $626,911. Surreal

Oh and now at 47 brand new 992s available. Supply isn't what it used to be.

Last edited by Inrev; 10-20-2023 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:48 AM
GTA_991
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is very weird, no kids yet for me but the fiance and I are working on moving to Texas next year. There's been a lot of irreversible damage done here and I'm not looking to stick around while it gets worse. Worst case we'll realize it wasn't the right decision and we can always come back but I have a hard time seeing that. I feel if you prioritize your health insurance in the US, everything else seems to come out on top compared to Toronto.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:04 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts

Rennlist Texas Group Buy? I have a previous co-worker that just moved down there. We have nothing keeping us here but with 4 kids it seems like a PITA.. but I always am looking at houses down there. Been to Dallas before and quite enjoyed my time down there.
The following users liked this post:
GTA_991 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 10:57 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I like Texans.. honest and straight forward. I have no issues with open carry.
Certainly not having been to the handgun range. Strange how Justin D**khead thought handguns were a problem, yet we still have handgun deaths in Canada. What did he do about the illegal handguns?. Nothing!

Back in 2015 as Justin D**khead walked Majors Hill Park on TV telling us "I know what Canadians want". Like I or none of my friends were visited by him to ask what we want.

I have quite a friends that moved to the US or abroad both recently (due to Justin) and way back to the early 90s and they are living very well. The older you get, those moves are more difficult.
The following users liked this post:
GTA_991 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...rder=price_asc

CPO 2020 4S for $109k with 117k KM. Has full PPF and was winter driven. Highest mileage 992 in the world? Sounds like it was enjoyed.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:27 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by moab
The only thing that mitigates the crushing personal tax for me is the availability of a professional corporation which is taxed at 26% so that helps defer taxes and hopefully allows me to invest more now. But you always have to end up paying the piper. If I could move to one other place, it would probaby be somewhere in Texas. But as long as Toronto isn't overrun by Hamas, I'll probably stick it out here.
Yep that is definitely one way to swing it. Works well for you in your profession. But in a situation where you also draw a salary, it's bi-weekly concern. Rather than an only punt down the road concern via Corp.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:31 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

What are you guys doing to move to the US?

Can't just pickup and live there a full year without an approach to visa requirements. Unless you are all US citizens or have a green card.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:52 AM
GTA_991
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm self employed, fortunate enough to be able to manage vast majority of what I do now remotely. As for my fiance, shes the ticket to the visa. She works in healthcare and with their shortage she can very easily get a job which will come with a visa and I can go over on a spousal visa. My brother left late last year and is now in the US but Illinois because of his job/industry. Even there he says he'd never look back at Canada, hes loving it and I also have him if I have any questions or need help with the visa to green card process.

Quick Reply: Tons of 911’s for sale!