Notices

Tons of 911’s for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 03:56 PM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRALSP73 is my latest build. Even with very few "frilly" options the price is $165K before Justin's tax (Race tex roof for $1600 when it's been standard on 911s since 2001 is a joke). $18K in options, or just over $11K if i skip the buckets. I briefly discussed the Ice Grey Metallic car that was in Kelowna (now sold) and they wanted $85K (including taxes) and my 2019 T (with under 10K km). NOT happening.
Still like that Guards red yea? Didn't you own my old GR 996 for like 5 min?
Old 07-15-2023, 04:12 PM
sm7400
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
Gotcha! In this market, I wouldn’t take that either. PCO has a nice GT Silver T with something like 7K km…but they want $149k for it. I believe things are normalizing quickly, so I’m going to wait it out.
They’ve had this car for 18 months. It was 164K. Disappeared for a few months and then showed up again. Been slowly dropping in price.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:26 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 969 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by sm7400
They’ve had this car for 18 months. It was 164K. Disappeared for a few months and then showed up again. Been slowly dropping in price.
Tried to get the original MSRP and I think it was a US car originally. Appears to have been bought at an auction.

I was there again today picking up a gas cap for my 993. Lots of 911’s for sale and many have been there for a long time. My old Arena Red 993 Tip is there on a lift - not sure if it is in storage or for sale as it has plates on it.

Saw Thomas Kaberle there today too…he is a big boy!

Last edited by Onami; 07-15-2023 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:30 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
Gotcha! In this market, I wouldn’t take that either. PCO has a nice GT Silver T with something like 7K km…but they want $149k for it. I believe things are normalizing quickly, so I’m going to wait it out.
Originally Posted by red996
Still like that Guards red yea? Didn't you own my old GR 996 for like 5 min?
Guilty as charged! It was actually 7 months but who's counting? That car was virtually brand new when I bought it from Weissach after your ownership. For that reason, I swapped for a second 993 in the fall of 2008 that was more "driver quality". I'd actually love to have that car back if it was in decent shape.

Originally Posted by sm7400
The GT Silver manual T at PCO has indeed been around for a long time. When it disappeared over the winter it was listed at another used-luxury car outlet in the area, I assume owned by the same ownership group. It DOES have ultra low km (<5K) and the coveted buckets. When I traded my white 991.2 T (another "5-minute" car!) last October it was a car I considered. The JBM manual car I ended up getting had the benefit of being relatively local, had the RAS and Bose, and the standard seats that are likely more realistic for what I use the car for if not as sexy as the buckets. There's been substantial movement on the CPO 991.2s listed recently, as in finally selling. I know what my current JBM T was listed at when I made my offer last October and I also know what I paid for the white PDK T and the difference to get the JBM car. The total was substantially less than the $174K it was listed at and it was the second lowest mile T for sale in Canada.

Last edited by timothymoffat; 07-15-2023 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2023, 05:40 PM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Guilty as charged! It was actually 7 months but who's counting? That car was virtually brand new when I bought it from Weissach after your ownership. For that reason, I swapped for a second 993 in the fall of 2008 that was more "driver quality". I'd actually love to have that car back if it was in decent shape.
Guards Red is an awesome color. It really pops when freshly polished with a nice coat of wax. It's really flash. Maybe vulgar? Whatever! It's a sports car. It should be fun....
The following users liked this post:
timothymoffat (07-15-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 02:43 AM
GTA_991
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the GTA and currently looking for a 991.2 GT3 RS. What do you guys think is a fair value for a 2019, non weissach with roughly 15k on it? I noticed a few of the local dealers have a few of them listed at 299k but they're all sitting.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:38 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_991
I'm in the GTA and currently looking for a 991.2 GT3 RS. What do you guys think is a fair value for a 2019, non weissach with roughly 15k on it? I noticed a few of the local dealers have a few of them listed at 299k but they're all sitting.
Hard to say fair value at the moment. Prices are on a downward trend. I would say wait it out until the winter.
The following 3 users liked this post by SToronto:
GTA_991 (07-25-2023), Lemarp (07-26-2023), RealityGT (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 01:17 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Yeah $299k asking price but can't hurt to see what they'd actually accept? I'd assume they paid top dollar for them but perhaps there is some desperation to move them out of inventory if they've been sitting for a while.

Before the market went crazy I recall seeing a lightly optioned (non-Weissach) .2 RS listed for $250k on Autotrader which would have been around MSRP. We'll see if those days come back...
Old 07-25-2023, 02:09 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 248 Likes on 146 Posts

OP, as mentioned above you should wait it out...
Loans are tight and HELOC's are running dry.. lots more to be listed in the coming month is my bet.
GTA_991 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 02:09 PM
GTA_991
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SToronto
Hard to say fair value at the moment. Prices are on a downward trend. I would say wait it out until the winter.
Yes I've started to consider waiting as an option if I don't find one in the 280s. I don't mind losing a little bit through ownership but don't want to take a huge hit on the car just because of bad timing.

Originally Posted by Vise
Yeah $299k asking price but can't hurt to see what they'd actually accept? I'd assume they paid top dollar for them but perhaps there is some desperation to move them out of inventory if they've been sitting for a while.

Before the market went crazy I recall seeing a lightly optioned (non-Weissach) .2 RS listed for $250k on Autotrader which would have been around MSRP. We'll see if those days come back...
Yeah I think I'll stop by the dealership and see what the wiggle room is like. 250 would be amazing of course but I also don't want to wait too long and things go back in the other direction, although that seems very unlikely given the current state of our economy.
Old 07-25-2023, 02:22 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Yes I've started to consider waiting as an option if I don't find one in the 280s. I don't mind losing a little bit through ownership but don't want to take a huge hit on the car just because of bad timing.
Make an offer and see what happens, let us know the result.

I think the stock showing now has been sitting sometime, likely acquired at a higher purchase price. This being said, dealer might be looking to move it on even if at a loss or minimal profit.

Incoming stock I bet will be purchased at lower values, which should result in lower retails. Money is expensive now relative to recent years, goods are more expensive and 992 3RS have not landed in Canada en masse. Once more 992 deliveries happen, more trade-ins will be out there. I might go so far as to say we may see gently used 992 3RS in the used list come Spring 2024.

GTA_991 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 02:24 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 459 Posts

Yeah I think I'll stop by the dealership and see what the wiggle room is like. 250 would be amazing of course but I also don't want to wait too long and things go back in the other direction, although that seems very unlikely given the current state of our economy.
The 991RS ( I have one) is not hugely rare car compared to earlier generations so I would think there is a bit more downside than upside.

as always rarity is the key to long term value so while the car will likely not depreciate below MSRP I would be cautious about the current values.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:03 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

I might go so far as to say we may see gently used 992 3RS in the used list come Spring 2024.
Yeah and listed at $450k+ I'm sure. Have you seen the secondary market pricing on the GT4 RS? Lol.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:56 PM
GTA_991
Cruisin'

Make an offer and see what happens, let us know the result.

I think the stock showing now has been sitting sometime, likely acquired at a higher purchase price. This being said, dealer might be looking to move it on even if at a loss or minimal profit.

Incoming stock I bet will be purchased at lower values, which should result in lower retails. Money is expensive now relative to recent years, goods are more expensive and 992 3RS have not landed in Canada en masse. Once more 992 deliveries happen, more trade-ins will be out there. I might go so far as to say we may see gently used 992 3RS in the used list come Spring 2024.
No matter how I look at it, it seems like waiting might be the right call. I'll go check one out and see how flexible the pricing is at a dealer though, I'll update with results whenever I do.

Originally Posted by RDMcG
The 991RS ( I have one) is not hugely rare car compared to earlier generations so I would think there is a bit more downside than upside.

as always rarity is the key to long term value so while the car will likely not depreciate below MSRP I would be cautious about the current values.
That's the part that's got me so hesitant. I'd like to get into one, I've heard so many great things but don't want to rush and then be painfully negative on the car in a short period of time. That's why I figured I'd ask in here what fair value would be in your opinions, personally I felt like at 280ish it'd be a safe buy but after this discussion I'm not even sure about that.
sm7400 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 11:31 PM
sm7400
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve been watching the market for some time now looking for the right car and taking the advice to heart about waiting out the high prices. I’ve been on/off looking for a year and do see the inventory piling up a bit but I’m not seeing the prices come down to pre-COVID levels. Forum members have been predicting this collapse for as long as I’ve been looking. In the end I’ve landed on waiting it out and I think many others have as well based on inventory levels.

What I’m curious about is how the used sellers can let these cars take up inventory for such long stretches of time.

Quick Reply: Tons of 911’s for sale!