Notices

COVID AND Vaccinations

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 11:37 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixin
Sure, inject people with unapproved, experimental gene therapy injections now. Wait until the clinical trials are completed at the end of 2023 and see what transpires.
Great plan.
mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy. And while it is the first time they have been used on such a large scale, they are not new. They have been studied for decades.
The following users liked this post:
tuffcalc (06-14-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:45 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 328 Posts

The death rate for the horrific global pandemic are about the same as they were pre-covid. The only thing the coronavirus has been successful in killing off are common sense, logic, the seasonal cold, and influenza. The laboratory rats and mice are forever grateful for sparring them.
are you not interested in getting vaccinated?
Old 06-09-2021, 02:15 PM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Some bedtime reading material for those interested to see both ends of the bridge. On the subject of Informed Consent and Covid-19 vaccines efficacy, effectiveness and safety.

Everything sourced from Public Health Agency of Canada and National Institutes of Health (NIH) USA.

1 of 2:

An Advisory Committee Statement (ACS)

Public Health Agency of Canada

National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) Recommendations on the use of COVID-19 Vaccines

Published May 28, 2021

Page 1, Page 2, skip a few… to get to:

Page 22

IV.3 Immunogenicity

No immunological correlate of protection has been determined for SARS-CoV-2; therefore, all immunological evidence in support of vaccine efficacy is indirect and cannot directly be used to estimate either vaccine efficacy or effectiveness.

There are several key knowledge gaps that affect the understanding of immune responses to COVID-19 vaccine:

· Which type of immune responses are important for protection from infection, severe disease, or transmission

· The durability of immune responses and how they may change over time

· How immune responses to natural infection compare to responses elicited from a vaccine

· How immune responses differ across populations (e.g., in immunocompromised persons, children) or by SARS-CoV-2 serostatus (i.e., past COVID-19 infection)

· How immune responses differ based on previous infection with non-SARS-CoV-2 coronaviruses

Due to limitations in the number of participants evaluated for immunogenicity outcomes and duration of follow up from COVID-19 clinical trial data, long-term evidence on immunogenicity is unknown. However, studies are ongoing.

The following section highlights key immunogenicity data for the authorized mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine) and viral vector based COVID-19 vaccines (AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and Janssen COVID-19 vaccine) only. For additional details regarding trial design, including study population and length of followup, and immunogenicity for these authorized vaccines, refer to the evidence summaries in Appendix A (for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine), Appendix B (for the Moderna COVID19 vaccine), Appendix C (for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine) and Appendix D (for the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine).

Humoral immune responses

All authorized COVID-19 vaccines induce humoral immune responses, including binding and neutralizing antibody responses. Humoral responses peaked after the second dose of mRNA vaccine, and after the second dose of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in participants who were not previously infected. Humoral immune responses were elevated after the one dose of Janssen vaccine. Some vaccines induce higher immune responses in younger populations.

Viral vector-based vaccines may induce anti-vector immune responses, which may impact future vaccine efficacy and effectiveness and may vary by age, dose, and interval between doses.

Cellular immune responses

All authorized, available COVID-19 vaccines have been shown to produce cellular immune responses. Cellular immune responses increased after the second dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, while responses for AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine were maintained or decreased after the second dose. Cellular immune responses were present following one dose of Janssen vaccine.
997ajk (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 02:18 PM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

2 of 2

Health Canada NACI, in its most recent publication, still don`t mention even once genotoxicity, the most important long-term effects concern aspect of any vaccine. To that regard the following is publicly available on the US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), as referenced material from its source being International Journal of Molecular Medicine. It was initially published more than 6 months ago on the subject, with special focus on cost-benefit analysis.

Int J Mol Med. 2020 Nov; 46(5): 1599–1602.

Published online 2020 Sep 18. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2020.4733

COVID-19 vaccine safety

Section: Cost-benefit tradeoffs

For any new product, the decision to implement (whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes) typically involves a tradeoff between costs and benefits. In the ideal case, the projected benefits would far outweigh the projected costs. The potential costs and/or benefits may be known to high, modest, or low degrees of certainty. Thus, a risk factor must be applied to the costs and benefits, reflecting the level of uncertainty about the projections.

The vaccine costs in this discussion are the potential adverse health effects from a COVID-19 vaccine, particularly for the mid- and long-term. For a vaccine with high levels of uncertainty as to the projected costs, a high risk factor is required. For the tradeoff to justify moving forward, a very high level of benefits would be required.

The cost-benefit tradeoff for a COVID-19 vaccine would be different for groups with different vulnerabilities to the disease. For simplicity, the target population for vaccination could be divided into 2 groups: The highly vulnerable, and the remainder of the population. The demographic population most vulnerable to the more severe consequences of COVID-19 tends to be the elderly with high comorbidities and others with compromised immune systems (2). It is a small fraction of the total population, although a somewhat greater fraction of the senior population. The remainder of the population, when infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, usually displays no symptoms or minimal symptoms. This demographic sub-division is similar to that for influenza and for the 2002 SARS pandemic (40).

The vaccine tradeoff analysis will differ for each of these two groups. For the most vulnerable, the main consideration is to survive the season. The mid- and long-term effects may be of lesser importance (although for the few younger members of this demographic population with highly compromised immune systems, the mid- and long-term adverse effects would not be negligible). For the least vulnerable (the vast majority of the population), the need for a vaccine is unclear, since the adverse effects of the virus appear to be minimal for most. This least vulnerable demographic population would have to bear the brunt of any potential mid- and long-term adverse health impacts that may result from a vaccine inadequately tested for these effects.

Thus, a vaccine that proved efficacious for the very short-term for all demographics may potentially be justifiable (albeit high-risk) for the most vulnerable demographic population. However, it is difficult to ascertain how such a vaccine could be justified for the remaining demographics.

Furthermore, the question remains of what are the present prospects for a vaccine efficacious even in the short-term. Trial results for a highly-promoted COVID-19 vaccine reported publicly have exhibited adverse effects of varying severity, where the test group was relatively young and very healthy (41,42), unlike the highly vulnerable elderly target group with comorbidities. In other words, even short-term efficacy has not yet been demonstrated for the least vulnerable demographic population, much less the most vulnerable demographic population who would be the most justifiable target of the vaccine.

In the present political environment, there is the potential that the majority of the population could be required to be vaccinated, even those demographics that were not vulnerable to the severe effects of COVID-19, and particularly those in the youngest demographic. The potential adverse consequences of such a mass inoculation with a vaccine not adequately tested for mid- and long-term adverse effects could be substantial.
997ajk (06-09-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 01:07 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

On a positive note...

Here in Québec the government has finally allowed us to get our second vaccine at a much earlier date.

Originally they had said 4 months between doses but tonight I went on their web site and got mine moved to June 27th so just over 2 months between doses for me.
rockrdude (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 10:01 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
On a positive note...

Here in Québec the government has finally allowed us to get our second vaccine at a much earlier date.

Originally they had said 4 months between doses but tonight I went on their web site and got mine moved to June 27th so just over 2 months between doses for me.
yep. Also announced hotel quarantine will be lifted for fully vaccinated as well as home quarantine (on a negative entry pcr test). It’s gonna be a boring extra year for antivaxxers. can’t wait to travel this summer.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:26 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

The death rate for the horrific global pandemic are about the same as they were pre-covid. The only thing the coronavirus has been successful in killing off are common sense, logic, the seasonal cold, and influenza. The laboratory rats and mice are forever grateful for sparring them.
+2
Old 06-14-2021, 06:39 PM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Prove me wrong. Btw, quite a witty and original comeback. You are inded proof that evolution can work in reverse.
Thanks, appreciate that.

Could you please confirm for everyone what your profession is - or at least confirm what advanced knowledge you have of the subject? For example, could you let us know if you are an immunologist (or at least a physician), or have an advanced degree in microbiology, immunology or the like?

I tend to trust those that spend the better portion of their life learning and advancing knowledge in their field (e.g., an expert). I'm willing to be swayed if you have expert knowledge on this subject.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:13 PM
Nixin
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffcalc
Thanks, appreciate that.

Could you please confirm for everyone what your profession is - or at least confirm what advanced knowledge you have of the subject? For example, could you let us know if you are an immunologist (or at least a physician), or have an advanced degree in microbiology, immunology or the like?

I tend to trust those that spend the better portion of their life learning and advancing knowledge in their field (e.g., an expert). I'm willing to be swayed if you have expert knowledge on this subject.
I am not on this forum to showcase my credientials, justify my knowlegde or degree’s to anyone. Least of all you. If I told you or disclosed these to you, you would most likely be in either awe or disbeleif. Maybe both. I am simply stating my personal opinion of the reality occurring before my eye’s. You can choose to believe that which suits you best. But at least try to act civilized and dignified on a public forum.

Last edited by Nixin; 06-14-2021 at 08:42 PM.
M3Inline6 (08-01-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 08:15 PM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I am not on this forum to showcase my credientials, justify my knowlegde or degree’s to anyone. Least of all you. If I told you or disclosed these to you, you would most likely be in either awe or disbeleif. Maybe both. I am simply stating my personal opinion of the reality occurring before my eye’s. You can chose to beleive that which suits you best. But at least try to act civilized and dignified on a public forum.
As I thought. My previous two comments stand.

Now back to Porsche talk.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:29 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

I am not on this forum to showcase my credientials, justify my knowlegde or degree’s to anyone. Least of all you. If I told you or disclosed these to you, you would most likely be in either awe or disbeleif. Maybe both. I am simply stating my personal opinion of the reality occurring before my eye’s. You can chose to beleive that which suits you best. But at least try to act civilized and dignified on a public forum.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:39 PM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 227 Posts

in the US, 10% of the population has had covid. 615,000, that's six hundred and fifteen thousand, have died. Let that sink in. Its a little less than the population of Boston. People in this forum have suggested it's just Darwinism, just getting rid of weak people.
M3Inline6 (08-01-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 09:02 PM
Nixin
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by reacp911
in the US, 10% of the population has had covid. 615,000, that's six hundred and fifteen thousand, have died. Let that sink in. Its a little less than the population of Boston. People in this forum have suggested it's just Darwinism, just getting rid of weak people.
So the deadliest virus ever has been responsible for the death of 0.186% of the overall US population. 99.8% of Americans have survived! Let that sink in.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nixin:
996AE (06-15-2021), M3Inline6 (08-01-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 09:54 PM
997ajk
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Worth listening.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:02 PM
pdxmotorhead
Three Wheelin'

Received 399 Likes on 297 Posts

It matters more when your on the wrong side of the statistics.. Just sayin..

Quick Reply: COVID AND Vaccinations