Notices

Rolex Dealers and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:50 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Daytona is a stunning watch but it's a shame it wears so damn small. Rolex really needs to consider updating the sizing, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like large watches (my 41mm RO is as big as I'll go).
Old 02-11-2018, 01:06 AM
bob99
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my 114060 no date sub at Damiani in Woodbridge. They were a solid outfit, would do business with them again.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Soundstream
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob99
I bought my 114060 no date sub at Damiani in Woodbridge. They were a solid outfit, would do business with them again.
I bought a couple of Datejusts from them as well (his and hers). I was more impressed with their service and pricing than I thought I would be. They were very helpful throughout the purchasing process and were not pushy at all.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:48 PM
EPOS
Advanced

Best AD in Toronto as far as I'm concerned. I've bought multiple pieces and everytime it's been a fantastic experience.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Soundstream
I bought a couple of Datejusts from them as well (his and hers). I was more impressed with their service and pricing than I thought I would be. They were very helpful throughout the purchasing process and were not pushy at all.
Originally Posted by EPOS
Best AD in Toronto as far as I'm concerned. I've bought multiple pieces and everytime it's been a fantastic experience.
Damiani straight shooters and easy to deal with. I've bought three or four watches there.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:01 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Made contact with a guy at Raffi based on an intro from a member on here as I’m ready to buy a Submariner.

He wants me to come in and pay upfront, so they can place an order. This seems strange as the steel submariners are nowhere to be found so if when they get the watch in, I bailed, they could sell it in a heartbeat.

I have have no problem providing a deposit but forking over $11k without being handed a watch is a foreign concept.

Thoughts from those that have purchased nice watches before?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:37 PM
EPOS
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggrace
Made contact with a guy at Raffi based on an intro from a member on here as I’m ready to buy a Submariner.

He wants me to come in and pay upfront, so they can place an order. This seems strange as the steel submariners are nowhere to be found so if when they get the watch in, I bailed, they could sell it in a heartbeat.

I have have no problem providing a deposit but forking over $11k without being handed a watch is a foreign concept.

I’ve read a few experiences from canwatchco where people put a full deposit down and were promised a watch within 3 months and it doesn’t come in and Raffi will not refund and only offer store credit. Take that for what it’s worth. I have bought a few Rolexes from Damiani’s and will only ever buy from them and I guarantee you that they will not ask for a full payment as a deposit, in fact it’s a small deposit.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:59 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

I’ve read a few experiences from canwatchco where people put a full deposit down and were promised a watch within 3 months and it doesn’t come in and Raffi will not refund and only offer store credit. Take that for what it’s worth. I have bought a few Rolexes from Damiani’s and will only ever buy from them and I guarantee you that they will not ask for a full payment as a deposit, in fact it’s a small deposit.
Thanks. Common sense told me a $500 refundable deposit was reasonable.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:09 PM
EPOS
Advanced

Thanks. Common sense told me a $500 refundable deposit was reasonable.
Also keep in mind Basel is right around the corner. Subs may be getting the 32 series movement so better go in before Thursday and put an order in.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:25 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Also keep in mind Basel is right around the corner. Subs may be getting the 32 series movement so better go in before Thursday and put an order in.
Dont know what this means. I know Basel is the large watch show but no clue what 32 series movement is.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 534 Posts

which Raffi location? I would call Kevin at Raffi in Waterloo (he is the owner). He took very good care of me. I bought a sub and a Daytona last year and didn’t have to give a deposit on either. Times have changed a bit since then, so he might require a small deposit.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:38 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Royal de Versailles was decent for me.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:47 AM
DCYT
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SToronto
Royal de Versailles was decent for me.
Royal de Versailles was good for me too.
I brought a SS Daytona from them and they didn't give me BS about needing to be a repeated customer.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:32 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

ummm...

how many watches do you guys own? Or is the male equivalent to your wife's shoe collection?

What are you planning to do with them when you die? Is there a market for used watches? I don't expect that a modern swiss watch needs a lot of maintenance to keep ticking... It shouldn't rust, and pretty much should last forever.... Even then, I heard that the replacement movements are cheap and still hold time.

I have a tag heuer that I bought in 1994, wore it everyday pretty much since then... still ticks fine, Doesn't loose or gain time, replace the battery every 2-3 yrs myself, sometimes I have to replace the wrist pin... Crystal is perfect, only flaw is the bezel now turns both ways, but I don't scuba so I guess that's ok. Still waterproof to more than I need for swimming in the lake, free diving down to 30ft.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 534 Posts

Petee...I have a DJ from 2006, a Sub from 2007 and a Daytona from 2018. They are all worth more today than what I paid for them new. I wear them all in rotation and plan on giving them to my Son when the time is right. I don't wear or own any other bling, but I really do enjoy my watches.

Quick Reply: Rolex Dealers and Discounts