Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 06:56 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Macca what's the current status of all your car orders?
Hi Michael. Hope all is well with you and the whanau...

The Ford Focus RS exited production on 01 Dec 2016 and arrive in Auckland 28 Jan. It would be ready for delivery (Taupo - Central Ford) in around 14 days time (delayed in part due to two bank holidays over this period).

Ill be selling this car end of May, so it will only be a temporary car for 3 or so months.

The Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde exited production on Friday but will not be delivered in NZ until likely end of April. In part due to it having to be delivered to the UK dealer in the first instance.

This will be my daily driver.

The GT4 is still 6 weeks away. I will make a call on whether I keep this or the GT3 shortly after it arrives and sell which ever car does not make the grade privately shortly thereafter. The 2016 GT4 has 40K NZD of options including full CF interior with carbon bucket seats (includes illuminated CF sill plates etc), sports chrono with track app, a number of "exclusive" options and black wheels etc. It really is a stunning car. Im looking forward to seeing it in the flesh....

I believe it will be the highest optioned (and only Paint To Sample) GT4 in New Zealand and should make someone very happy.
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2017, 03:33 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

looks good Macca - and better in real time no doubt
Old 01-30-2017, 05:42 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macca
you need a job.. too much time on your hands and you become a car dealer.. Max Fletcher watch out..!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:22 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Michael. Hope all is well with you and the whanau...

The Ford Focus RS exited production on 01 Dec 2016 and arrive in Auckland 28 Jan. It would be ready for delivery (Taupo - Central Ford) in around 14 days time (delayed in part due to two bank holidays over this period).

Ill be selling this car end of May, so it will only be a temporary car for 3 or so months.

The Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde exited production on Friday but will not be delivered in NZ until likely end of April. In part due to it having to be delivered to the UK dealer in the first instance.

This will be my daily driver.

The GT4 is still 6 weeks away. I will make a call on whether I keep this or the GT3 shortly after it arrives and sell which ever car does not make the grade privately shortly thereafter. The 2016 GT4 has 40K NZD of options including full CF interior with carbon bucket seats (includes illuminated CF sill plates etc), sports chrono with track app, a number of "exclusive" options and black wheels etc. It really is a stunning car. Im looking forward to seeing it in the flesh....

I believe it will be the highest optioned (and only Paint To Sample) GT4 in New Zealand and should make someone very happy.
Is it welcome back to NZ yet? If so, what did Jo get?

Good to see you injecting some acquisition activity into the thread. Apart from Pel, it seems the rest of us have stable auto monogamy or polygamy

In any case it's easier to digest purchases/sales than the Macca/Walter technical conversations. That said, right now, I'd prefer that to another pro/anti Trump post on my FB feed. This could be the event which kneecaps FB unless they introduce a way to filter by key word.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Macca
you need a job.. too much time on your hands and you become a car dealer.. Max Fletcher watch out..!!!
Phil. Now there's an idea....;-)
Old 01-30-2017, 08:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Is it welcome back to NZ yet? If so, what did Jo get?

Good to see you injecting some acquisition activity into the thread. Apart from Pel, it seems the rest of us have stable auto monogamy or polygamy

In any case it's easier to digest purchases/sales than the Macca/Walter technical conversations. That said, right now, I'd prefer that to another pro/anti Trump post on my FB feed. This could be the event which kneecaps FB unless they introduce a way to filter by key word.
Hi John.

This weekend! Will be celebrating with a back road run on Sunday if anyone is keep to join (PM me). I have plenty of track days booked in for the first month to keep me busy...

I have also organised two RSG track days in March (Taupo). Good idea to get on and sign up now if interested. I believe dates in April will be non existent so this could be the go before it gets cooler. The notification should have hit everyone's in-box already but a repost on RSG FB page would be useful.

Jo's Macan S (petrol) gets built next month. She specced it. I cant bring myself to add it to my signature. You have to be very patient in this game!

Yes its a shame about this thread. Video killed the radio star? I still like vinyl myself :-)
Old 01-30-2017, 08:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Attached Images    
Old 01-30-2017, 08:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 370 Posts

Jo's Macan S (petrol) gets built next month. She specced it. I cant bring myself to add it to my signature. You have to be very patient in this game!

Yes its a shame about this thread. Video killed the radio star? I still like vinyl myself :-)
I'm sure she will love it when it arrives. Right now, our Cayenne is easily doing the most mileage of any of our fleet. Herman hasn't moved since early December and the Project car is doing occasional commuter duties when I need a dose of air-cooled goodness. Cant wait for the 2k cup parts to leave my garage and get into sorting out Herman's engine leak and the Project car. Now that I have a lift I think I will drop its engine for fun.

The RSG bookings look strong so I'm sure you will fill out those March dates. I must book leave for the NITT. Is there a date for this year?
Old 01-31-2017, 01:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yes. I'm sure she will enjoy it. It will definitely cover some miles...

Ill check with Peter on NITT dates. We moved it from Sept to Nov last year and it seemed to work well. Unless there are objections I think we may do the same in 2017.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:44 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Unsure if anyone here is looking for wheels, but if so please avoid "Race Tech Forged" like the plague. Quite a few guys on the Turbo forums have relatively recently found their product to either not arrive, not fit after it finally turns up, or break when used. Not good at all. Expansive thread on the issues here: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...965943&page=48

Macca, upcoming vehicles list looks great! Love the PTS on the GT4. Stunning.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:25 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Macca: yes all good with us, thanks.

Wow, you've got some fun arriving in the next few months! You know you can only drive one at a time right?

I assume your treasure trove is moving from Auckland to Taupo?

Apart from driving, have you decided what you and Jo will do with your time?
Old 01-31-2017, 04:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Michael. Thats good to hear.

Yes we have a place with a four car garage in Taupo. Fundamentally this will be a 3 car fleet by June. Macan S + Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio as DDs and GT3 (or GT4) as track day toy/weekend warrior.

Everything else will be disposed of. I will also be putting a tonne of automotive memorabilia on the block, keeping just the pieces that I really love, (enough to fill a large office for example).

As to what to do with our time, that's an excellent question. For Jo it will be Yoga. For me it will be definitely "automotive". I have some exiting ideas I want to explore in 2017, some commercial and some for fun. I would love to say more but I cant right now, but ill be sure to let everyone here know when the time comes. Heck I may even post something on the Book of Faces LOL! Its definately going to be an intensely Automotive next 12 months, at least thats the plan...
Old 01-31-2017, 05:53 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Heck I may even post something on the Book of Faces LOL!
Did you hear about the new site that's a combination of YouTube, Twitter and Facebook? It's called YouTwitFace...
Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reading between the lines..
Doing anything ex UK?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Macca, plenty of action. Great to see. Had no idea about the GT4 but then again the old grey matter might have had the notification earlier but it went straight out the other ear.
I'd be active as buggery too but This Porsche value thing has really stuffed it up for me. If not for fear of missing out and stupid prices, I'd have been through a couple of 3.2's, the odd SC and a 930 by now. If it wasn't for the reno's, I tell my wife that I'd have an A45 AMG as a DD and a 930 turbo, plus do the $75k base Cayman order to see if it flew. But needs must in these trying times of being flabbergasted with modern build costs. And so on a much more modest scale I can only report that I moved the 106 Rallye on this week to clear a space to store the junk that had to be evacuated from the old part of the house so it could be trashed by the builders. The Pug has been my only bit of car action for the last few months, quite a frenzy it created and I clearly underpriced it. Took in some better offers after I shook the guys hand. Bugger. Now, next move, a Yaris or some such for the freshly licenced daughter so that she doesn't curb my car's nice wheels! I want my old life back! And where the hell is my 911T?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?