Sponsored by:

Thoughts on HPDE & Safety from Ross Bentley

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015 | 04:50 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I agree with just about all of this.

I have seen too many instructors who want to be friends with the students and promote them way too soon. The instructor I work with now is paid to tell me what I am doing wrong and how to do it right. Not stroke my ego.

Getting promoted in HPDE should mean something. The Connecticut Valley Region of PCA routinely fails to advance people. I wonder how prevalent this is in other region. No experience with NASA in many years but when I drove with them promotions were easy.

Slower cars? Yes, I started with a 2000 Audi A4 and then a 944 turbo. Great to learn on.

The only thing I disagree about is your final statement. An instructor does not have the wheel or the pedal and thus cannot anticipate or prevent everything.

I also disagree that a 2015 car on a 2015 track is the same as a 1980 car on a 1980 track.
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yes I remember he would routinely run a Crown Vic at Barber. There used to be YouTube video of this. Can't remember his name.

Is that where we met? You'll have to forgive me--I don't remember you or your car or where/when we may have met. Chalk it up to old age, but could you please fill in the blanks for me?
Yep. Crown Vic and etc. he would show up with the same at Road Atl, VIR or wherever.

Lol, you do remember me. You talked big in 2007 on here, but your talent didn't exactly match back then. I heard nothing but excuses, bad tires and etc. Its all good. I instructed in either a 360 CS or a race prepped blue Lotus Elise. I also had a cup car at every event.
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I think you may have me confused with someone else.

Where is it you think we met? And under what circumstances?
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:57 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I think you may have me confused with someone else.

Where is it you think we met? And under what circumstances?
Lol, just scroll you posts from 2007. You drove a BMW back then . You had some skill, but enough pay . . . Nada even close. Whateva. Yep, that was a long time ago, but still. I still have to laugh at what people pay for!!!
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

2007? Where? When? You are not talking sense.

The Crown Vic guy was a common sight at Barber and RA as you say but thousands of people saw it on track.

Yes I had a track BMW until a few months ago. Many people do. In 2007 it was still a street car with a roll bar and a decent suspension. So?

What exactly did I "pay" for and where did we allegedly meet? This shouldn't be difficult for you to answer. But I am drawing a total blank, especially considering your Ferrari 360 CS and full race Lotus.

?????
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:09 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

2007? Where? When? You are not talking sense.

The Crown Vic guy was a common sight at Barber and RA as you say but thousands of people saw it on track.

Yes I had a track BMW until a few months ago. Many people do. In 2007 it was still a street car with a roll bar and a decent suspension. So?

What exactly did I "pay" for and where did we allegedly meet? This shouldn't be difficult for you to answer. But I am drawing a total blank, especially considering your Ferrari 360 CS and full race Lotus.

?????
Lol, you and I had discourse on here back then. Sorry dude. You are not that talented since you want to make a big deal about it. I was not going to call you out before.

My posts are easy to research since I don't pimp myself on here. Candidly, you were a big talker with average talent to match which is why I challenged the pro coach thing a while back. Unfortunately, that pulled in legit people who actually do have talent in my wee little opinion.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, you and I had discourse on here back then. Sorry dude. You are not that talented since you want to make a big deal about it. I was not going to call you out before.
Say what?

What is your problem?

Obviously something has so stuck in your craw that you even remember what year it allegedly happened. But I do not. Clearly it had zero impact on me, especially given that it was allegedly 8 years ago.

However, I don't understand what your problem is, and I have never claimed to have an ungodly amount of talent.

Again, I think you may have me confused with someone else.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:17 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Say what?

What is your problem?

Obviously something has so stuck in your craw that you even remember what year it allegedly happened. But I do not. Clearly it had zero impact on me, especially given that it was allegedly 8 years ago.

However, I don't understand what your problem is, and I have never claimed to have an ungodly amount of talent.

Lol, do I??? All someone needs to do is look back at my 2007 post to see where you are making a bunch of excuses about bad tires and etc. I was actually pretty nice about it but blows my mind that charge people for what you have to offer.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know what this guy is babbling about?
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:23 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Say what?

What is your problem?

Does anyone know what this guy is babbling about?
Lol, just click on my name, look at previous posts and you will see. Not hard. Look, I never professed to being the best but AI did have the absolute best times at Barber for several different classes throughout the 2000s. You were an average instructor with average skill in my humble opinion back then. You may be the best there ever was now, but I I have no way of knowing.

Can you run 144s in an Elise?
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Well, that's nice for you.

And you know what they say about opinions...

Apologies if I apparently hurt your ego or feelings somehow eight years ago...apparently you are still carrying it with you all these years.

But again, I am lost here, and haven't the time or inclination to search anyone's posts here from 8 years ago.

Geez...you won't or can't even disclose the alleged location or context for how we allegedly met. Oh well.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:32 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Default Thoughts on HPDE & Safety from Ross Bentley

VR, remember the time you met that awesome guy? It was then.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DTMiller
VR, remember the time you met that awesome guy? It was then.
Silly me!
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:36 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Well, that's nice for you.

And you know what they say about opinions...

Apologies if I apparently hurt your ego or feelings somehow eight years ago...apparently you are still carrying it with you all these years.

But again, I am lost here, and haven't the time or inclination to search anyone's posts here from 8 years ago.

Geez...you won't or can't even disclose the alleged location or context for how we allegedly met. Oh well.
Lol, what are talking about? Just scroll back through some old posts. You claim to be the best there is on four wheels. I was pretty much like cool, lets see what you got. Haha, what you had back then wasn't as much as you professed to have.

Look, I personally don't care but like I said. . . A few months ago I took a stab at pro coaches based more on you, but apparently pulled in people like PK.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

GhettoRacer is back!
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
You claim to be the best there is on four wheels.
Nope. Either you have me confused with someone else or you blatantly lie.

I have never professed to have anything. My skills are what they are, and there are PLENTY of people much faster than I in the world.

Somehow I hurt your feelings eight years ago, and I haven't a clue how.

Again, why won't you describe the alleged location or context of how we allegedly met?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on HPDE & Safety from Ross Bentley