Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would if car was ready by then but it won't be
Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 AM
JoshuaB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eifeler
Nationals doesn't decide whether or not there will be a DE. Nor do they determine how many DE attendee's can register. .
Completely agree with this… I have been the CDI for the DE at the Daytona Club race and the Roebling Road club race as well as my wife being the registrar for both the DE and Club races and National does not make decisions pertaining to the DE… other than they are in complete control of the schedule before the event and updates during the event if required.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

My thoughts as a longtime ClubRacer....

I would prefer it all be just racers.....but the following needs to be considered.

The region dictates if its a DE/CR combo or just a Race. National dictates car count and Run Groups.

The regions were SAVED by DE participation during the economic doldrums created by the worst 10 year period in our nations history on many measures. Times are getting better and regions will be able to charge more for exclusive race events etc...to address the above frustrations.

As Racers lets please not be so quick to throw the DE component out the window.

If You are not a PCA Member, havent volunteered at any of these events or performed the thankless role of chairing or serving on these various regions boards and committees....Where everything You do is second guessed, whined about etc...typically with hind sight...

I dont believe You have any validity or weighting to your input above.
If You have, each Region thanks You for Your valuable input in advance!

Merry Christmas / and Happy belated Hannukah to All!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yer a good man Glen...

Despite the Cup Pachinko addiction!

Merry Christmas to you and yours also.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

deleted...

Last edited by spg993tt; 12-12-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-ZSAMotorsport
if i could offer something constructive, with great respect, the time to argue this aint now. it woudl have been months ago when the event was being laid out, insurance being obtained, getting national approval, etc. and monies being dealt with. id imagine many in that region have tons of ties to DE dudes and want to have a great DE time, but if the racers backstopped the event and filled up the race groups, then maybe they could have skipped the DE guys. but that is something that shoudl have been discussed, analyzed, negotiated 3 months ago, not once registration is open. when they put that non-refundable deposit down to sebring for what has to be near to six figures or there abouts, they have to hedge their bets and unless racers will gauratnee same revenue even if just 150 racers alone show up, then what do you expec those dudes to do.

but you dont bitch this stuff up this late in the game else its just bitching and not productive. those DE groups are listed. theya re happening. lets get past it, and maybe ask the chairs of the event to come on line and explain what if anythign could be done to get just racers. if they said no way, no how, we love DE, then there is your answer. host your own event at sebring and you take the risk or live with it. or maybe they lay it out.
thats the question: for 2015 what woudl we need to do if anything to get it just for racers. get an answer. we do it, or we dont.
It was "bitched" about last year.
A thread for perusal containing complaints about run groups and wait listed racers

BTW, a quick check shows over 230 racers registered. Is 225 the cut off? Is so that sucks for the guys who did not register in the first 48 hours.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:44 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

deleted...

Last edited by spg993tt; 12-12-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:08 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Bull****
I don't see this as "bitching" at all

This topic is valid
This is the appropriate time to be talking about it.
The one shot we get to RACE at Sebring with PCA per year is important to a lot of us.

In fact, I started this thread just wanting to know how many run groups there would be.

I believe in past years the DE registration was open way before the race registration.

I was thinking that maybe the organizers were going to use the race registration before the DE opened up to gauge run number of race run groups.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

SG

It doesn't have to be just racers.
I think most of us are just asking for four run groups
Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

deleted...

Last edited by spg993tt; 12-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:44 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

deleted...

Last edited by spg993tt; 12-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

as far as 1 race, no idea what you're tallking about. i rregistered and attended sebring, 2 njmp, LRP and cota last year. but not really relevant as i'm registered for sebring and am hoping its better than the last 2 years which in my estimation were a disaster particularly for cup car guy. i think both days i went home after the DMTD or test and tune or after 2,3 practices because it was such a mess. so little track time, too many cars, and way to many bangs.

listen, my apologies. i hate when dudes necessarily bitch out at each other. i fully respect your option. let me just take the high road, apologize if you felt i was attacking you and your thread. didnt mean it. just know how it works having had the GTC michelin stuff choaked down our throat and seen these sebring convos happen with no results. same with cota, etc. etc. etc. i was just suggesting we be constructive and take some steps to get good answers. that was all.
my apologies, lets get back to good stuff dude.
-steve
I pulled the one race comment before you replied, as it really should not matter. Just going off of rennpoints results.

This is why talking stuff out over the internet sucks. I'm sure if it was a group of racers standing around at a race we could easily see that we are on the same page.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
If You are not a PCA Member, havent volunteered at any of these events or performed the thankless role of chairing or serving on these various regions boards and committees....Where everything You do is second guessed, whined about etc...typically with hind sight...

I dont believe You have any validity or weighting to your input above.
If You have, each Region thanks You for Your valuable input in advance!
...but you dont bitch this stuff up this late in the game else its just bitching and not productive. those DE groups are listed. theya re happening. lets get past it, and maybe ask the chairs of the event to come on line and explain what if anythign could be done to get just racers. if they said no way, no how, we love DE, then there is your answer. host your own event at sebring and you take the risk or live with it. or maybe they lay it out.
A few points:

1) SG, with all due respect, as John H pointed out, this same topic was discussed exactly one year ago. And then it was discussed AGAIN a few months later just prior to COTA. So now it's our fault that we didn't insist on an "answer" last year?
2) If Rennlist is good for anything, it is good for THIS. Where are we supposed to go to discuss (ie bitch and whine) these topics that are important to us. Sure maybe only 25% of PCA racers read this forum, but I guarantee you it's 99% more than any other online community. Glen, as you know, the people contributing (bitching) to this thread are loyal PCA racers. Some of them are veterans. Why can't we talk (bitch) about timely PCA racing topics without being treated like children? This thread seems to me to be very civil and relatively constructive with legitimate questions raised.
3) The OP was simply asking for the number of sprint race groups at Sebring. The answer to that very simple question matters to some people. Why is it still an unknown?
Old 12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Fair statemt, guess I was flashing back to the many threads where leaders and participants of other organizations criticized and critiqued pca , it's rules or leadership ...
My apologies,

I believe Steve's points are poignant, proactive and effective as we move forward.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
I believe Steve's points are poignant, proactive and effective as we move forward.
Get a room

Quick Reply: Run groups for Sebring PCA Club Race