PCA Rule Changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:52 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
PCA Club Racing Rules Changes For 2014

The Rules Committee has adopted the following rules changes for the 2014 racing season............................

SPEC CLASSES

11) SP 1, 2, and 3 rules changes will be incorporated into the PCA rule book after the parent entity has decided upon them. It does not appear that there will be any changes in SP911.

©2013 Porsche Club of America • Club Racing Information Newsletter • clubrace@pca.org • Sent 11/7/13
For on going discussions on proposed changes to SP2 and SP3 by the parent entity, see the 944 Cup web page: http://www.forum.44cup.com/viewforum...2b8a6ff2cd0e33 .
Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Three or four people decide for us, there is no real "discussion"... just opinion, and ours doesn't count.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:06 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Three or four people decide for us, there is no real "discussion"... just opinion, and ours doesn't count.
My opinion also - and now my Recaro sliders will be no good and I'll be welding crap onto a perfectly good car.

Oh yeah, and spending $500/race more on tires because everybody knows R6s are every bit as quick as a good set of slicks.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
My opinion also - and now my Recaro sliders will be no good and I'll be welding crap onto a perfectly good car.
Thing is in my car, I was forced (mandated in my log book by a scruit, not that it was a bad thing) to cut out the OEM seat mounts and build mounts that are 1/2" off the floor for more head clearance (and I have no sunroof). With my new Pro ADV containment seat set in the lowest position (with new Recaro sliders) I still am up higher than I want to be, but it is what it is. I use a back brace so have no dog in the fight but if I didn't that would be my only choice as adding height with Cup sliders would simply not work. Brey Krause back brace is the answer for you guys, not rebuilding the seat mounts!

Originally Posted by KaiB
Oh yeah, and spending $500/race more on tires because everybody knows R6s are every bit as quick as a good set of slicks.
You should run A6's, since you only run a lap or two every race weekend then go home they will last a loooong time!
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 912 Likes on 556 Posts

Be nice now.....
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts

As has been pointed out, the seat mounting rule is only for those not electing to use a compliant seat back brace. There are lots of ways to install a seat back brace that meets the requirements, both with and without seat sliders.

Of course, some folks do not like seat back braces because they feel they are inherently less safe for seats that were not tested with bracing by the manufacturer.

The Sabelt slider mechanism may not be unique and may not be made by Sabelt. There may be sliders that are available under another brand name that are identical. PCA should be able to tell folks what the key slider design features are that led them to this new rule.

Also it should be noted that there are likely myriad seat sliders PCA did not have a chance to examine in their rules making process. For example, I know there are several versions of Recaro double-locking sliders as I have owned at least two of them. And of course these parts have been around for decades so it is impossible for PCA to have examined every version from every supplier. I would not want to instantly conclude my set up wasn't going to fly without some interaction with PCA folks to make sure.

That being said, I know of some shops that have a lot of experience with a variety of race cars including some that have been involved in heavy shunts, and they will only use the pin-style sliders for those customers that have to have sliders.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Be nice now.....
Kai knows I was joking, he is going to get ribbed for a long time over that one...
Old 11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of those pin style sliders that came out of my Boxster. I wonder if those are the same as the cup sliders (anyone know?). Mounted to the floor, like my current sliders, they will raise the seat 40-50 mm.
My only concern is that the actuator bar running between the seats will interfere with my sub straps. I have some issues with that now. I like the front 'hoop' style like the Sabelt and Riccaro.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I have a set of those pin style sliders that came out of my Boxster. I wonder if those are the same as the cup sliders (anyone know?). Mounted to the floor, like my current sliders, they will raise the seat 40-50 mm.
My only concern is that the actuator bar running between the seats will interfere with my sub straps. I have some issues with that now. I like the front 'hoop' style like the Sabelt and Riccaro.
Raise it close to 2"??? I'd have to cut the top of my helmet off...
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Kai knows I was joking, he is going to get ribbed for a long time over that one...
One more out of you and I swear I'll pack up and go home.....
Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Haha I am just really happy Gary hasn't started hashtagging things......cause then he'd have 4 mil Twitter followers and that's worth several horsepower I hear.

Also hears that Gary is running for office next term...someone needs to make shirts
Old 11-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Busy belt sanding the top of my helmet and ripping off the 1/4" of foam in my seat bottom... stop bothering me. Anyone make a GT40 roof panel for a 911?

Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 AM
cetom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello. would somebody please tell me where i can get the sabelt sliders for a 997 911 . thank you
Old 12-14-2013, 11:09 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...eltRacingSeats
Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

This one is compliant with the new rule?

Quick Reply: PCA Rule Changes