Sponsored by:

PCA Rule Changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Next year I'm going to try a new strategy: I'm going to propose a new rule that we be allowed to carry passengers in the passenger seats during races.
I'm thinking I will carry a dummy, too bad Sean and Evan are in E now.... I heard Moses is free though!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:29 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I'm thinking I will carry a dummy, too bad Sean and Evan are in E now.... I heard Moses is free though!
Sean officially moved to E? Motor change? What's up with Moses? No more Cup Car?

I wonder if the Boxster sliders are legal for my 911? I have a couple of sets.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Sean officially moved to E? Motor change? What's up with Moses? No more Cup Car?

I wonder if the Boxster sliders are legal for my 911? I have a couple of sets.
Dwyane is free to ride as my passenger and with that 70's look no one will suspect he isn't a crash dummy, Sean is moving to E with me or I will have to eliminate him..
Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Gary,

Boxsters scare you out of D?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:43 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

anyone notice the pca cup car tires are 30 to 40 more each than the regular pirelli? How does that make sense.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John H
Gary,

Boxsters scare you out of D?
A lot of things scare me...
Old 11-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 833 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
anyone notice the pca cup car tires are 30 to 40 more each than the regular pirelli? How does that make sense.
Gotta pay for those hats somehow...
Old 11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Dwyane is free to ride as my passenger and with that 70's look no one will suspect he isn't a crash dummy, Sean is moving to E with me or I will have to eliminate him..
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cmon I'll ride with you during my 5 min pit stop...or the non points races cause I don't want to put the hours on the pdk box.......

Also with the passenger seat being required to be a containment seat he will be a crash test dummy that can't get out

We really need to make all races point races......and the bonus points kill the low attendance races
Old 11-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
We really need to make all races point races......and the bonus points kill the low attendance races
+1

I'm surprised that after 2 years, the points system has not been tweaked at all. There are a few areas for improvement (that I have proposed both years).
Old 11-09-2013, 04:13 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Yea that was surprising my 1st race weekend. That all the races weren't points races
Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Astroman
+1
I'm surprised that after 2 years, the points system has not been tweaked at all. There are a few areas for improvement (that I have proposed both years).
Sean got screwed at Summit, handily won the 1st two Sprints, I won the points race...

Last edited by Gary R.; 11-10-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've installed countless race seats in all 911,964,993,99x cars. For the previous generation cars (watercooled 964/993) the 996 sliders CAN be made to work straightening out the front tab. And as long as you are a 14 year old German boy about 5' 3" tall without a helmet you have no issues. Put in a 200 lb 6' American and hope you like banging helmet on the roof. The mechanism for locking the sliders IS ON TOP OF THE SLIDER. And the way you disengage it IS BY A LEVER MECHANISM FROM THE TOP. So with this alone, you are about 2"s higher than you would be with say a Recaro slider (I NEVER USE SPARCO. WAY TOO CHEAP) and a normal set of side mounts. You cant really lower the seat bucket on the mounts with a 996 slider as this lever has to u be up above the slider in rest position. Even in the cups with a factory cross brace on the halo part of roll cage, it is tough for a normal size person not to hit it with their helmet. I just installed a Recaro slider in an 05 Cup to keep a drivers 5' 9" head from hitting the bar. Now if I only had the 100 or so sets of sliders I got rid of as they were of no use.... Damn..
Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

does anyone have an email or template answer that PCA Club race committee provides for their rationalization requiring that second seat in stock cars.? granted, im not driving a stock car any further so dont need that second seat, but i have no idea what the heck the reasoning is to require a second seat in a race car? i mean, a race car.some desire to preserve the car as it came from the warehouse? 100 changes permitted but you have to leave a second seat?
you see all these wrecks and frankly, whatever rationalization exists, i cant believe that any outweight the desire we'd all have to be able to exit the car unimpeded in the event of a fire, flip, where you cant escape from the driver daughter because you're pinned against a tire wall, etc.
im not saying you cant get out the passenger side, but the side of the seat, the possible halos of the passenger seat, might snag you or get in the way of a safety crew thats trying to drag youthe heck out of there by your firesuit collars.

i mean, i understand the balance of performance stuff. motor rebuild stuff comes down to dollars vs stock/spec/performance. but i just dont understand this seat deal and yet those guys are avid racers and know the risks.

i just dont get it.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:04 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SG-ZSAMotorsport
does anyone have an email or template answer that PCA Club race committee provides for their rationalization requiring that second seat in stock cars.? granted, im not driving a stock car any further so dont need that second seat, but i have no idea what the heck the reasoning is to require a second seat in a race car? i mean, a race car.some desire to preserve the car as it came from the warehouse? 100 changes permitted but you have to leave a second seat?
you see all these wrecks and frankly, whatever rationalization exists, i cant believe that any outweight the desire we'd all have to be able to exit the car unimpeded in the event of a fire, flip, where you cant escape from the driver daughter because you're pinned against a tire wall, etc.
im not saying you cant get out the passenger side, but the side of the seat, the possible halos of the passenger seat, might snag you or get in the way of a safety crew thats trying to drag youthe heck out of there by your firesuit collars.

i mean, i understand the balance of performance stuff. motor rebuild stuff comes down to dollars vs stock/spec/performance. but i just dont understand this seat deal and yet those guys are avid racers and know the risks.

i just dont get it.
I guess nobody has ever mentioned it to them. They must not know its dangerous. My 'Stock' car, like all other 'Stock Class' cars came from the factory with a race passenger seat and cage, so it must be to retain originality. You know, the spirit of Club Racing.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: PCA Rule Changes