Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Mid Ohio Club Race 8-17-12

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Fisher518
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank, I was the guy in the 25 car. Let me clarify a few things from my point of view. I hope to post my video in the near future. However, I saw you starting to spin and tried to determine where you were going to end up. It looks as though at one point you had released the brakes and were rolling back across the track. My first move was going to go behind you. But when I saw you rolling I tried to go inside. Unfortunately you stopped rolling after I had committed. One of those unlucky guesses on my part. To clarify my driving experience for you. I spent three seasons with Skip Barber finishing the final season 6th in points behind Ryan Hunter Reay and Eastern Series Master Champion. After Barber I raced in Grand AM for several years. While in Grand AM I ran the 24hr with Jack Lewis and David Murry, finsihed on the podiium in Lime Rock, finished first in class at the Glen 6 hour. This however is my first season with PCA so I can see how you thought I was a newby. I wish I could have avoided your car. I don't like trashing my vehicle or anyone elses. I'm hoping that mine is fixable.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:19 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Skanky

I was in the black D car #20 that had the dog graphic and Softronic on it. Better known as Bela's old car.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fisher518
Frank, I was the guy in the 25 car. Let me clarify a few things from my point of view. I hope to post my video in the near future. However, I saw you starting to spin and tried to determine where you were going to end up. It looks as though at one point you had released the brakes and were rolling back across the track. My first move was going to go behind you. But when I saw you rolling I tried to go inside. Unfortunately you stopped rolling after I had committed. One of those unlucky guesses on my part. To clarify my driving experience for you. I spent three seasons with Skip Barber finishing the final season 6th in points behind Ryan Hunter Reay and Eastern Series Master Champion. After Barber I raced in Grand AM for several years. While in Grand AM I ran the 24hr with Jack Lewis and David Murry, finsihed on the podiium in Lime Rock, finished first in class at the Glen 6 hour. This however is my first season with PCA so I can see how you thought I was a newby. I wish I could have avoided your car. I don't like trashing my vehicle or anyone elses. I'm hoping that mine is fixable.
I guess you were running the 24 the year DM put a 996 Cup on pole ahead of the recently released RSRs and pissed Porsche off. Jack told me that story. You guys had a hell of time.
Sorry about your car. Hope it can be fixed.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Fisher518
4th Gear

That's right. It was fun however in the middle of the night we broke a half shaft and that was the end of a good finish. I drove that car at Lime Rock and the Glen. Don't know what Jack is up to now?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Jack is heading to Goodwood Festival of Speed in a couple of weeks. Very excited. He still has the shop in Norcross. We race together sometimes with HSR. He races historicals with HSR and SVRA from Sebring, Palm Beach to the Glen every year. Still runs at the front.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fisher518
Thanks for the clarification Keith; I am truly sorry we had to meet this way and I did not mean to imply the accident was avoidable. My car spun, the fault is all mine. I do always keep keep both feet until the car stops moving so the roll back was just bad luck for both of us. I should have guesed you had more experience as you clearly have been driving well with the PCA.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John H
Skanky

I was in the black D car #20 that had the dog graphic and Softronic on it. Better known as Bela's old car.
Yes we did have some fun in practice and Sprint 1 until my car started misbehaving. It was good clean racing, I especially enjoyed the back and forth in the keyhole.

https://vimeo.com/47974449
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Fisher518
4th Gear

Frank, not a problem. Kind of a tough weekend for me. The first race I missed the start with some tire issues. The second was fun as I started 43rd and finished 22nd. And well, the enduro was short lived. Will be taking pictures of the car and hopefully sending it to Dan Jacobs to save it.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:26 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Default Dan's Car

My wife's cousin caught the tail end of the incident. Dan, PM me, as I also have access to some shots of your car on track in the previous sessions.
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 124 Posts

John:
You bought Bela's old car? Nice get for sure.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw Dan today and he is doing well. He actually has a video posted of his wreck and there was nothing he could do to avoid being pushed into the wall. A real shame since he had put so much effort into developing that car.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:50 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to make light of the situation, but that is a great shot.

Does he have any more photos from the race that he would allow you to post.

Again, not trying to make fun. Very sorry to see a trashed car.

Last edited by mklaskin; 08-27-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

Not sure the video is pretty violent. I would not repost it without his okay, but you can see it on the RTR pca web forum where someone else posted it. What sucks is the car is a total loss including the motor/trans which were quite impressive.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Not sure the video is pretty violent. I would not repost it without his okay, but you can see it on the RTR pca web forum where someone else posted it.
Dan posted his video here in Doug's "Oh Shiznet" thread earlier last week.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:12 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank
Yes we did have some fun in practice and Sprint 1 until my car started misbehaving. It was good clean racing, I especially enjoyed the back and forth in the keyhole.

https://vimeo.com/47974449
Ahyes the old over under move. Damn E motors..... At some point in that race, my rear driver side sway bar drop link broke. It was good clean fun though!

Mark,

Yes it is quite well set up. I adjusted on it and got faster and faster every session until the drop link broke. I can't wait til next year. You'll have to pm me your schedule when you get it figured out.

Quick Reply: PCA Mid Ohio Club Race 8-17-12