Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   PCA Mid Ohio Club Race 8-17-12 (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/707473-pca-mid-ohio-club-race-8-17-12-a.html)

todinlaw 07-19-2012 11:57 AM

PCA Mid Ohio Club Race 8-17-12

Just a little update on the preparations for the up coming club race at Mid Ohio. Registration is way up and ahead of last year. We have already exceeded last years registration and we are about 3/4 full we are expecting to go to a wait list when we get to the week or two before.

I think moving the event from the Wet May to the Dry August has racers encouraged. For the first time in along time we are keeping the paddock open 24 hrs so if you want to camp vs doing a hotel you have that option. We are doing the advanced DE like we have in years passed which will give you time between your sessions to make adjustments.

It will be a 3 day event like last few years with race practice Friday and sprints and enduro's over the weekend. We will have no paddock parking issues as we have use of the middle paddock so things are in order.

I will post additional information and a schedule when PCA releases it.

Chaos 07-20-2012 11:54 AM

Great!

Kein_Ersatz 07-20-2012 02:42 PM

Looking forward to a great weekend up at MidOhio!

Just 2-weeks after ALMS and Indy cars rubber in the track :cheers:

AudiOn19s 07-20-2012 03:26 PM

Frank, glad things are filling up quick, looks like the move was a positive thing.

Battling my work schedule right now and it's winning :(

Astroman 07-20-2012 04:16 PM

This is a great PCA race weekend and a really fun, historic track. I'm glad that the new date seems to have increased participation.

If you've never been, come check out where Indy, ALMS, and Grand Am (among many many others) race each year. Turn 1, the Keyhole, the Madness, and the Carousel are classic corners in North American racing.

I'm really looking forward to it!

mikew968 07-20-2012 06:02 PM

I will put some rubber down for you the weekend before!! Good move opening the gate for 24 hrs access and allowing camping. We have had some good time staying at the track and watching video's on the side of a trailer.

Mike

f1rocks 07-20-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by mikew968 (Post 9702852)
I will put some rubber down for you the weekend before!! Good move opening the gate for 24 hrs access and allowing camping. We have had some good time staying at the track and watching video's on the side of a trailer.

Mike

What does the track charge for camping?? Can I assume they have shower facilities etc??

mcongleton 07-20-2012 06:40 PM

Yes Mid Ohio has shower facilities located near the camping area. Not sure about camping charge, maybe Frank can help with that.

Sorry I am going to have to miss this year, MO is a great track and the PCA event there is always a fun event.

Mark

Chaos 07-20-2012 07:12 PM

Lets turn this into a roll call/trash thread.

Astroman 07-20-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chaos (Post 9703017)
Lets turn this into a roll call/trash thread.

You need to register first. :p

Chaos 07-20-2012 09:07 PM

:to_order:I did and paid,why do you care as I heard you getting moved up to F...

mikew968 07-20-2012 09:22 PM

usually camping is charged if you have a RV.

Astroman 07-20-2012 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chaos (Post 9703303)
:to_order:I did and paid,why do you care as I heard you getting moved up to F...

Clubregistration doesn't have you listed. Maybe you decided to try to win the DE instead? :icon501:

Joking aside, you and George need to make sure that your garage is next to mine and Jim's.

todinlaw 07-21-2012 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by f1rocks (Post 9702911)
What does the track charge for camping?? Can I assume they have shower facilities etc??

They only charge 25.00 at the gate and that is only if the rig your driving is a motor home, so if you sleep in your car hauler or tent, no fee.

We will have lots of parking but if its warm some of the best paddock parking is in the grass next to the showers. Some big shade trees and a short walk to the showers, my favorite when I race.

We will be posting a Paddock Parking Map on Club registration. net where you can plan for your stay. as of yesterday we are like 20 cars short of a full house.

I too am glad registration is up, our goal is to provide you the best racing event, if you have any issues when at the track look me up Garage 6 or 7.

Another tip for those of you who work on car set up, in the heat many teams are finding that the track is tighter this year. I have found I need more cross weight in my car to make it turn. the practice day will be important.

Mid Ohio is also offering a twilight test and tune if you want even more track time, you can find that on the Mid Ohio School web under test tune.

Frank

Chipster 07-21-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Astroman (Post 9703409)
Clubregistration doesn't have you listed. Maybe you decided to try to win the DE instead? :icon501:

Joking aside, you and George need to make sure that your garage is next to mine and Jim's.

I'm glad to see the roster is filling-up. It should be a great weekend.

Jack - obviously you have stolen too many of our speed secrets over the past couple years. Back to the paddock for you. :cool: