18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

2012 European Grand Prix (Valencia)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:11 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

More of the usual problems for Webber. Master cylinder and then DRS. Maybe he'll have an extra set of tyres but not going to matter from 19th!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Much better than I thought it would be.......well done FA coming from so far back, Kimi for sticking in there when it all could have went all so wrong in the opening lap and for Schumi to finally making it to the podium.

Hamilton will be going in the ring, 2nd to DNF after Kimi passed and being rammed into the wall by PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy race. Congrats to Alonso (he drove well today), congrats to Ferrari. Not only is their current #1 driver the winner but two former Ferrari World Champs are on the podium with the Spaniard (first podium for Schumi since his come back). Bad luck to Vettel who was let down with a car failure after dominated the race until the safety car, bad luck to Grosjean who showed us that he definitely belongs in F1 until his car too also failed him. Great drive by Webber to finish 4th after starting 19th and ... the bone head award of the day ... does have to go to Maldonado. Hamilton's tires were definitely going off and Maldonado should have been more patient. He could have had the Brit on a number of other better places to try and pass.

Alonso is the big winner today taking home the maximum number of points with his closest rivals going into the race (Hamilton and Vettel) getting big fat donuts. But we are not even half way through this crazy season, so who knows how this will all pan out in the end.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Crazy race. Congrats to Alonso (he drove well today), congrats to Ferrari. Not only is their current #1 driver the winner but two former Ferrari World Champs are on the podium with the Spaniard (first podium for Schumi since his come back). Bad luck to Vettel who was let down with a car failure after dominated the race until the safety car, bad luck to Grosjean who showed us that he definitely belongs in F1 until his car too also failed him. Great drive by Webber to finish 4th after starting 19th and ... the bone head award of the day ... does have to go to Maldonado. Hamilton's tires were definitely going off and Maldonado should have been more patient. He could have had the Brit on a number of other better places to try and pass.

Alonso is the big winner today taking home the maximum number of points with his closest rivals going into the race (Hamilton and Vettel) getting big fat donuts. But we are not even half way through this crazy season, so who knows how this will all pan out in the end.
Alonso should feel better since Mr Freeloader thinks he drove well today. I am sure he really appreciates it. Too bad he couldn't drive to your liking so far until now...
Old 06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey FGL28 where are you? Are you going to cry yourself to sleep tonight? This has to be a bad day for you. How will you spin coming from 11th to win today? It was Alonso's to lose and he didn't?
I am waiting....
Oh BTW, I still didn't see you wager me with a driver of your choice. Please put up!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

YEEEEEEEEEEE Ha And I don't mean any of the finishers...
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Bud Kobayashi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will there be fine for Hamilton since he throw steering wheel after crash that his fault?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Crazy race all right... Very surprisingly not the usual borefest...

Two Alonsos win this weekend, Spaniards must be going nuts!

Hamilton WTF? Maldonado got the penalty, which I don't agree with but regardless, that was a pretty bad move from Hammy.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, what a drive from Alonso. If your car isn't going to be perfect, he's the man to have in the cockpit. Vettel drove well before he retired - I wonder if the pace of the Red Bull is a sign of things to come or if it just suited this track. Lewis drove well and I don't blame him for being angry at Maldonado or at the team. For being as up front about perfection as they are, Mclaren certainly look like a flawed operation when it comes to pit stops.

Also great drives from RG, Kimi, Webber, and Schumi. Weird how Jenson's suddenly not driving well...Mclaren tailoring the development toward Hamilton? It is the last year of his contract.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations to Fernando Alonso and Ferrari. Fernando drove a great race and some very exciting racing by all the others. Sorry for Vettel and IMO Hammy drove Maldonado off the course and should have been penalized. Did anyone watch the post race interviews and trophy presentations??? Oh well, thank you fox It appears that I missed the trophy presentations and post race interview. Does anyone know where I can watch them (Youtube)?? I tried SPEED, but they had Barrett Jackson. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by morganabowen; 06-24-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Where's A Wayne been?....he should be going nuts.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That was one of the best GP's I've seen in a long while!

Congrats to Alonso and Ferrari!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

I have always thought of myself as a big Hamilton fan. But today, he acted like a petulant child.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:42 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BC
I have always thought of myself as a big Hamilton fan. But today, he acted like a petulant child.
Come on man, give the guy a break. He had a chance to be the first two race winner this season and was leading in the points when he wrecked his car. You got to be disappointed In my opinion, he caused the collision with Maldonado but the judges blamed Maldonado so Hammy has reason to be bummed
Old 06-24-2012, 05:51 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Much more entertaining than I thought it would be. Alonso did a great job, even lapping Massa just before finishing the race. Hamilton's tire were done and he should have given PM more space. The temper tantrum for Hamilton after the crash was very predictable and sad.

Quick Reply: 2012 European Grand Prix (Valencia)