Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

2011 British Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
I now know why people on this forum hate Alonso. Its A. Wayne plain and simple as his personal fanboy
A single Alonso win sprinkled with some Red Bull drama is all it took for this F1 thread to eat itself, reason enough for me to hope Alonso stays off the top step for the rest of the season.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Keep appeasing yourself with that logic. Hey, whatever rocks your boat. Do you also see black helicopters following you everywhere.
So, it was ok to let Alonso go but not Vettel? LOL
Absolutely let Alonso by and not Vettel. As I said, LH would rather anyone get more points than Vettel in that race because that limits the points gap to him. It was clearly in his best interest. We all know there is no love loss between FA and LH, but the math calculation makes perfect sense for allowing the pass.
No helicopters, just math.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Absolutely let Alonso by and not Vettel. As I said, LH would rather anyone get more points than Vettel in that race because that limits the points gap to him. It was clearly in his best interest. We all know there is no love loss between FA and LH, but the math calculation makes perfect sense for allowing the pass.
No helicopters, just math.
You seem to be all over the place with your "Math". 1st you said low fuel, now you are saying it's to take points away from Vettel. What is it ? or will you come up with more "Math" next? LOL
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by consolidated
A single Alonso win sprinkled with some Red Bull drama is all it took for this F1 thread to eat itself, reason enough for me to hope Alonso stays off the top step for the rest of the season.
Yes, Alonso's win rubs pff the haters and then come out in packs. Hopefully, he keeps winning and the forums will remain live.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wilhelm, so are we on or what??? Please pick a normal individual to hold the bottle. I prefer someone sane that doesn't spew hatred or negativity.
Spew hatred or negativity ?... I would simply call it expressing an opinion.

It is counter balanced by obsessive blind love ... sort of an F1 Fatal Attraction.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,331 Likes on 1,970 Posts

Yes, Alonso's win rubs pff the haters and then come out in packs. Hopefully, he keeps winning and the forums will remain live.
Raj, if I'm reading this properly I believe he's saying he hopes Alonso doesn't win anymore so as to keep A. Wayne and the other fanboyz out of these threads with all the BS (present company excluded of course)

How many Alonso wins will it take to get Luis de Prat back in these threads?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Perhaps you should forward this to the FIA ... I mean after the one race "blown diffuser ban" and the "special tires" for the next race, they are going to be running out of ideas.

Perhaps Brian France can buy a stake in Bernie's F1 holdings ... he certainly knows how to "massage" race outcomes.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Pete
Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Raj, if I'm reading this properly I believe he's saying he hopes Alonso doesn't win anymore so as to keep A. Wayne and the other fanboyz out of these threads with all the BS (present company excluded of course)

I know and I twisted it around

I can't speak for others but I never left, even when Alonso didn't win the championship due to a pit error. I have a thick skin
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,331 Likes on 1,970 Posts

I know and I twisted it around

I can't speak for others but I never left, even when Alonso didn't win the championship due to a pit error. I have a thick skin
I know Raj, thats why I like you, you took your lashings like a man after Alonso couldn't get by Petrov last year for the title. Others..... well..... they decided to just disappear..... and then reappear ..... like drive by shooters......
Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Once again I swear there is so much more animosity among some of the fans than the real teams and the real drivers. Alonso's pass on Hamilton was NOT a trivial freebee pass. It took guts on Fernando's part and it also took a good car. It didn't hurt that Ferrari have improved their car lately to the point where it now appears that they are a step ahead of McLaren (and yes Ferrari is faster than Red Bull in a straight line even when Red Bull's KERS is working). Plus it didn't hurt that Hamilton spent a lot of fuel early in the race to make up for his less than ideal 10th place starting grid position in his home GP.

No sour grapes, Ferrari won the 2011 British GP fair and square. On to the next race in Germany.

F1 has always been about the car first and the driver second.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Why is Vettel panicking already. He almost has a 4 race win lead.
Someone is getting nervous. I guess he knows if Ferrari didn't have a brain fart last yr, Vettel should have never won his 1st WDC.
You can "if" that season to death. If Webber hadn't crashed in the rain, then he'd be the 2010 WDC.

I seriously doubt if Vettel is panicking, based on some media sound bite.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
You can "if" that season to death. If Webber hadn't crashed in the rain, then he'd be the 2010 WDC.
2010 can be "if"ed to death from many different angles. Vettel lost 13 points in Bahrain due to an exhaust failure. He lost another 25 points in Australia thanks to brake failure. Vettel lost 25 points in Korean due to a blown engine and Vettel lost 18 points when he tried to pass Webber in Turkey. If any one of these four events had not happened, 2010 would not have been the nail bitter that it was. Also Webber might have run away with 2010 had he not had his bicycle accident that broke his shoulder prior to the Japanese GP.

I seriously doubt if Vettel is panicking, based on some media sound bite.
I seriously doubt he is panicking. Webber or Alonso could win ever race remaining in this season and as long as Vettel comes in 2nd or 3rd, that still would not be enough to pass the young German. The only way Vettel does not win this year is if some other drivers start purposely crashing into him in the races. Some fans may be desperate to have this happen (Vettel purposely crashed in to), but there is only one Flavio who has sent team orders to purposely cause a crash and there is only one Nelson Piquet JR who is dumb enough to follow these orders thinking purposely crashing will save his F1 career.

Red Bull and Vettel have put together a winning package this season. The haters will never accept this, but the haters are also in denial.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Then was, now is. Tomorrow? Only Wayne knows for certain, regardless of how many times he gets it wrong.
Absolutely cannot match your, Go vettel .. eerrr no go Webber .. err. no go Vettel ....see i got it right
Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
. The haters will never accept this, but the haters are also in denial.
Still projecting , common with you stooley fans , you guys are the only haters around here ..

Wake up ......

Quick Reply: 2011 British Grand Prix