Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Time to adios little Danica?
Si Señor...!
38.71%
Oh no... I love her
61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ritter:
+1000

And I'm not a fan at all.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default You think that's harsh hombre?

Originally Posted by mglobe
Uh, can you back that up? Cause that's pretty harsh.
Recall reading a quote by someone that she's Indy's version of Anna Kournekova.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt

Recall reading a quote by someone that you're America's version of Boy George.

Does that make it true?
Old 05-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by aeshultz
Ritter:
+1000

And I'm not a fan at all.
I'm neither a fan nor hater- I'm intrigued by +10 page Threads
Old 05-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Whatever you need to tell yourself, Larry. You and the other misogynist deserve each other...sort of like prison cellmates...

Dave, I met a couple of people at Summit Point who know you and they told me you are a racist. Kind of funny you would be throwing stones.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I am a Danica fan...
You take offense when I don't respect Danika in your eyes but you will savage a 2 time world champion who you enjoy calling Designer Vagina{Alonso}.

Why is it OK for you to demean others when you feel like it, or call others names and that's OK, but if someone says something you don't agree with then they are wrong.

Sabine is also wickedly funny.

Sabine is like a breath of fresh air compared to Danika's angry persona.

Last edited by Land Jet; 05-30-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajcjr
I cant back it up personally but i have heard more than once from different sources. That was not the point of my posting.

dont get me wrong i think danica is a good driver and i think she has a great body, just needs a little attitude adjustment.
Oh, come on. You heard people gossiping, so it must be true enough to perpetuate, huh? To say that I have a hard time believing that is a gross understatement. Her mom ain't all that, and folks with enough money to give someone a ride probably have better looking women crawling all over them. Furthermore, successful women always seem to be the subject of rumors. And good looking ones, even moreso. At least that was my experience in the corporate world, it isn't like it stops in high school.

Sure she's overhyped. But she's also good enough to be where she is without her looks.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default You've hit this little muchacho smack on the middle of his sombrero hombre!

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Dave, I met a couple of people at Summit Point who know you and they told me you are a racist. Kind of funny you would be throwing stones.

You take offense when I don't respect Danika in your eyes but you will savage a 2 time world champion who you enjoy calling Designer Vagina{Alonso}.

Why is it OK for you to demean others when you feel like it, or call others names and that's OK, but if someone says something you don't agree with then they are wrong.

He's just like a puppy that needs a good swat to the snout now and again. Who would have guessed?

Sabine is simply awesome. That's one drivin' Bauernmädchen. She is great!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Land Jet

Wow...looks like I really struck a nerve.

Me? racist? LMFAO. Nah, I am not racist. I hate everyone.

To paraphrase you...I met a couple of people at VIR who know you and they told me you are a wife beater. Does this make it true?

By the way, Larry, I never said you were wrong. Nor did I "take offense". Nor do I care that you didn't "respect Danica".

I said you were a misogynist.

But it's nice to see how defensive you got anyway!

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 05-30-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-30-2011, 09:08 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every Danica thread has seems to be full of poster that doubt here talent, assume they could do better if they had some more training. I would like to see a poll that separates the opinions of experienced racers versus the casual weekend warrior on how good she is. It reminds me of when football fans get mad that kicker can't make a 40yds field goal (ever tried yourself?).
Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing that this thread continues on even after Patrick has good day at brickyard. She starts 25th, passes many cars during race, leads race with 10 laps to go, and ends up in top 10. She also drove a smart race, did nothing stupid, didn't slam into wall like so many others, stayed out of marbles, had flawless pit stops, and in general showed that she is an experienced Indy racer that I'm sure other Indy drivers respect. I'm still trying to figure out how Dixon and Franchetti had such fast cars and led most of race, but still ended up so far from winner's circle. Kind of like watching NASCAR with pit strategy more important than who is fastest and leads the most laps.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default You nailed it square on the head Fuzz!

Originally Posted by Plyman438
It's amazing that this thread continues on even after Patrick has good day at brickyard. She starts 25th, passes many cars during race, leads race with 10 laps to go, and ends up in top 10. She also drove a smart race, did nothing stupid, didn't slam into wall like so many others, stayed out of marbles, had flawless pit stops, and in general showed that she is an experienced Indy racer that I'm sure other Indy drivers respect. I'm still trying to figure out how Dixon and Franchetti had such fast cars and led most of race, but still ended up so far from winner's circle. Kind of like watching NASCAR with pit strategy more important than who is fastest and leads the most laps.
Pit strategy has so much to do with a win these days. Danica passed many while they were sucking fumes there @ the end. She DID have a good day at The Brickyard as you've outlined. She is not winning however. Solid jockey? Sure enough. You do know what they call second place though right? First Loser. And everything else down from that... well you know.

Compare her career with that of Marco Andretti. Check out how well he's done straight out of the chute. At this point we can all safely conclude that Danica will never be anything more than a decent driver in whatever venue she chooses to compete in.

Same ol' same amigo.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Don't believe that most here doubt her driving talent hombre!

Originally Posted by bobt993
Every Danica thread has seems to be full of posters that doubt her talent, and assume they could do better if they had some more training.
Most here seem to recognize that she is simply NOT a winner. She herself must feel the same way. More power to her that eager sponsors and t-shirt vendors keep the girl in Gatorade & Slim Jims.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Most here seem to recognize that she is simply NOT a winner. She herself must feel the same way. More power to her that eager sponsors and t-shirt vendors keep the girl in Gatorade & Slim Jims.
"in summation, notwithstanding everything said here to the contrary, my original post has been soundly affirmed." - Bullitt

Not really. It seems widely agreed that she's a very good racer by macro standards, and pretty good by Indy Car standards. She just gets more media attention that her racing deserves. That extra attention comes at the expense of attention that might be lavished on dull but deserving male drivers. But it also helps the sport financially.

Life's not fair. Milka Duno races because she does favors for Hugo Chavez. Graham Rahal races Indy because of his Dad. There's probably a UPS driver in Cleveland who SHOULD be a top Indy driver but he never got his shot.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Took you long enough to see the light compadre!

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
"in summation, notwithstanding everything said here to the contrary, my original post has been soundly affirmed." - Bullitt

Not really. It seems widely agreed that she's a very good racer by macro standards, and pretty good by Indy Car standards. She just gets more media attention that her racing deserves. That extra attention comes at the expense of attention that might be lavished on dull but deserving male drivers. But it also helps the sport financially.

Life's not fair. Milka Duno races because she does favors for Hugo Chavez. Graham Rahal races Indy because of his Dad. There's probably a UPS driver in Cleveland who SHOULD be a top Indy driver but he never got his shot.
"Very good racers" sometimes win races. She does NOT. The math is pretty easy on this one amigo. My original post was really only about her driving and record as a driver. She is obviously not winning and that IS the bottom line dude.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

"Frank's" motto:

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?