Brino Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:51 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morganabowen
Hey PPo you are very opinionated, you are a perfect candidate for paid membership on Rennlist
You have a very solid point...

Does anybody remember when the Rennlist was just that..a mailing list? It was a mailing list called PorscheList mainly for 944s (before that PorscheFans I believe). One day Porsche knocked on John's door and said: "You can't use Porsche in your name." So it changed names to Rennlist... At one time some die hard mailing list users (myself included) made fun of the web board people... Why am I telling the story? Since the 1990s, I keep saying to myself: "Next week I will become a member." So... I will do it next week...
Old 11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
I recall Massa being faster but then a message conveyed by radio waves relaxed his right leg and his car mysteriously decelerated.

At least SV had his foot through the floor in Korea when it blew up.............no mystery there.
You need to look into that , you are way off there , he was Never faster than Alonso, but i understand the poor vision ...

Originally Posted by PPo
The difference between you and me is that my life doesn't start and stop on the Internet. If my pick, Button, doesn't win (and I know the chance is extremely slim!!) it won't define my being for the two week period between races...
Difference between me and you is that i stand behind my convictions...

That aside , you are a Schumacher hugger , yet in your wild shot of picks you still did not think enuff of Schumacher to pick him .. Yep typical Schumacher fan .

U-haul FOS .........
Old 11-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

NOVEMBER 1, 2010
Kubica: Anything can happen at Interlagos
Renault and Robert Kubica is predicting that with the weather an unknown and Interlagos demanding on engine, anything could happen in this weekend's Brazilian GP.

"Brazil is a bit of a strange track and it's really difficult to predict how we will perform," Kubica says. "There is a long straight out of the last corner where the F-duct will give us lots of gain and this is also where the power of the engine will be important. I think that we might have a lottery with the weather because Brazil gets unsettled conditions at this time of year, so it's likely we will have some wet running, as we did in 2009. When it rains the track has very poor grip and you have to be lucky to get the perfect balance with the car.

"It's a difficult track for setting up the car because of the long straight and the uphill sections. You have to choose between top speed or running a lot of downforce and gaining through the corners, so it's very difficult to balance those two things. The track has a bit of everything -- low speed, high speed and it's kind of an old school circuit so there are quite a lot of places where you can gain lap time."

Engineering chief Alan Permane adds: "We set the car up to achieve the optimum lap time, and the way the R30 works with our F-duct should still allow us to achieve good straight-line speeds. It means we can have the downforce in the slow infield corners but still be competitive enough to attack or defend down the straights."

"Finding the sweet spot for the mechanical set-up is a similar story with a balance necessary to deliver a car that works well in the low and high-speed sections. As always, it's the low-speed corners where the most lap time can be found, so it's important that your car has good traction. But, with high-speed corners such as Turn 11, which has an apex speed of 230 km/h, the car needs to be responsive and you can't afford to have a set-up that is too soft."

"As ever, it's about striking the right balance. It's those quick corners with the high g-forces that make Interlagos a tough race physically for the drivers. The forces are highest in turns six and seven where the drivers have to endure 4.5g of lateral acceleration for 4.5 seconds. The anti-clockwise layout also subjects the drivers'' necks to the opposite loadings experienced at clockwise circuits for many of the corners. As a result, don't be surprised to see extra cockpit padding appear on the headrests to help them through 71 laps."

Engine-wise, the long main straight means that power is a critical factor at Interlagos with the cars on full throttle for 16 seconds from the exit of Turn 12 until the braking zone for Turn 1. On top of that, they must cope with the effect of running at altitude because the circuit is around 800m above sea level. "Running at altitude costs an F1 engine around 8% of its power. But, despite losing power, the altitude actually has a positive impact on the engine because the moving parts suffer less. There is less air entering the engine, which means less pressure and less stress on the pistons, conrods, crankshaft and every moving part, which could be a plus to those approaching the end of their engine mileages.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Odds on Winners for Brazilian GP

Alonso = 1.6 to 1

Web = 3.25 to 1

Vet = 10 to 1

Ham = 15 to 1

Based on the big spread between Webber and Vettel, the bookies are assuming RBR will back Webber for the title with 2 to go.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Odds on Winners for Brazilian GP

Alonso = 1.6 to 1

Web = 3.25 to 1

Vet = 10 to 1

Ham = 15 to 1

Based on the big spread between Webber and Vettel, the bookies are assuming RBR will back Webber for the title with 2 to go.
What, no odds on Massa?
I'm really surprised at the spread between the Red Bulls, especially with Hamilton so far out. I've been thinking that RB has been a little disingenuous slagging on for Ferrari team orders (which I'm not fond of regardless of who is benefiting), in view of how obvious the team orders played out for MW and SV at Turkey. I wonder if Vettel was the points leader, would they still let them "race"?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
What, no odds on Massa?
I'm really surprised at the spread between the Red Bulls, especially with Hamilton so far out. I've been thinking that RB has been a little disingenuous slagging on for Ferrari team orders (which I'm not fond of regardless of who is benefiting), in view of how obvious the team orders played out for MW and SV at Turkey. I wonder if Vettel was the points leader, would they still let them "race"?
Hahahaha, Alonso's odds are a reflection of Massa's rolled into one. I haven't seen such low odds all year. The assumption that Massa will pull over for Alonso are built into the price - two drivers both pulling foe one to win if you will. Thats why the spread on the Web and Vet looks so telling.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:51 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually, one could argue that oddsmakers expect RB to play team orders, that is why there is such a gap between RB drivers. Vettel might eventually work on helping Webber.
They all need Webber to finish higher than 5th to prolong the championship without hurting their own chances.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

That's what he's saying. Based on where the money is going, both Ferrari and Red Bull are going to display team orders. It's logical for Ferrari based on the fact that Massa is no longer in contention, but Vettel is still in it, albeit a long shot.

I don't think it's that surprising that Red Bull would finally be backing Webber. He's their best shot at a WDC only a few points behind Alonso. However, even with a DNF by Alonso, it doesn't hurt FA as much as you would think. No doubt, it'll come down to Abu Dhabi and probably qualifying positions. I don't expect a wet race in the Middle East for the finale.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I suspect that a Ferrari will win in Brazil and not surprised if it is Massa. RBR will self implode. Hamilton finishes 2nd in the WDC points.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:17 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
That's what he's saying. Based on where the money is going, both Ferrari and Red Bull are going to display team orders. It's logical for Ferrari based on the fact that Massa is no longer in contention, but Vettel is still in it, albeit a long shot.

I don't think it's that surprising that Red Bull would finally be backing Webber. He's their best shot at a WDC only a few points behind Alonso....
The odds make it look that way, but Red Bull seems to be saying something different:

Red Bull insist they will not favour Mark Webber over Sebastian Vettel in the final two races of the 2010 season.

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso replaced Webber as championship leader by winning the Korean Grand Prix, which neither Red Bull driver finished. The result put Vettel 25 points behind Alonso with only 50 still available, while Webber is now 11 points adrift. But Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said: "Our strategy is unchanged. We'll be pushing flat out until the end." The conundrum for Red Bull Racing is that if Vettel wins the remaining races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi, with Webber second and Alonso third, the Ferrari man will win the drivers' world championship....
Old 11-04-2010, 12:24 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Relax plebs ....

Bernie cannot afford for the championship to finish in Brazil , so it won't ,they are all under team orders ...

Dig.........
Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Kobayashi says he is not dangerous

Sato Khan cousin for sure .........

By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Thursday, November 4th 2010, 16:07 GMT

Kamui Kobayashi has dismissed suggestions that he is a dangerous driver following contact with some of his rivals this season.

The Sauber driver has been one of the stars of the year thanks to his aggressive drives and overtaking moves throughout the season.

Kobayashi considers that despite his aggressive style, he has done nothing to earn the tag of dangerous driver.

full story : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87910
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Leave Sato alone
Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default THE BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX

Interlagos local time: Thu, 14:29
Today: T-storms
Hi 28°C / 82°F
Lo 18°C / 64°F

Practice 1 Fri 08:00-09:30
Practice 2 Fri 12:00-13:30
Practice 3 Sat 09:00-10:00
Qualifying Sat 12:00-13:00
The Race Sun 12:00-14:00

Weekend Forecast

Conditions are expected to be dry, warm and mainly sunny over the next few days leading up to the event. This trend will be maintained on Friday morning with a good amount of sunshine for the first practice session. But, during the afternoon, the inevitable build-up of cloud is expected and there is a low risk of a shower towards the end of the second session as temperatures climb to 26 degrees.

Saturday looks to be a much better day at the circuit with a predicted lack of convective potential energy in the atmosphere. The expected reduction in CAPE values will result in the sunshine continuing on into the afternoon and qualifying. Temperatures will reflect this as the gauge rises to 28 Celsius.

Race day is clearly some way off at the time of writing, but current weather model estimates point to a return of Friday's values, resulting in a dry and sunny morning and cloud building towards the late stages of the afternoon.

Again, the risk of rain is reasonably low, and there is nothing yet to suggest that either Friday or Sunday will deliver one of those spectacular thunderstorms that we have become used to seeing in Sao Paulo. But, a slight threat of rain does exist - and the increased cloud cover will peg back temperatures a little with a maximum of 24 degrees Celsius.

Generally, conditions look good at this stage for a dry weekend, but as always with Interlagos the numerical prediction will need to be monitored carefully over the coming days. AUTOSPORT Live will be watching for any changes with interest and we will update this page with the latest on the weekend's weather on Thursday.

Brazilian GP preview

Monday, 01 November 2010 00:00

For each of the past five years, the world championship has been won in Brazil.

If that happens again this weekend, then it will mean Fernando Alonso has done what looked impossible just a few weeks ago - come from 47 points behind to not only wrap up the crown, but to kill off a five-way battle that had seemed certain to go down to the wire.

Alonso doesn't expect to seal the deal in Brazil and remains very cautious.

But there's no denying that things are now looking rather good for him, with an 11-point lead in his pocket, more wins than anyone else this season, and the potential, even if the title is not clinched at Interlagos, to eliminate one, two or even three of his rivals before Abu Dhabi.

The double champion said last week that now he has the points lead back at last, there's no need to look at the maths anymore - the only calculation that's important to him is that if he finishes ahead of his rivals, he'll eventually be champion.

No more need to worry that a win won't suffice if a Red Bull is second, he can leave the other four to reach for the in-car abacus as they try to catch him.

Of course that 11-point lead isn't as large as it looks - under this year's points system, it's roughly the difference between first and fourth place, or equivalent to five points last year, and no one in the old days would've felt too comfortable going into the last two rounds just five points clear, hence Alonso's caution.

One man he isn't worried about is Jenson Button.

After the misery of Korea, Button needs to out-score Alonso by 18 points and Mark Webber by seven in Brazil, and even then he would still have to hope Alonso failed to score in Abu Dhabi as well, and take a truck-load of points off Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton.

Kimi Raikkonen pulled off just that sort of turnaround against Hamilton and Alonso to steal the 2007 crown, but he was up against a traumatised, mid-scandal, McLaren with one rookie driver under a ferocious spotlight and another driver pretty much openly at war with his employer.

The four drivers ahead of Button are in a much more serene state, and far less likely to crumble, plus while Button has driven beautifully for much of the year, he hasn't won since April or looked poised to start dominating at any point.

His maiden season at McLaren has been far better than the sceptics predicted and he has nothing to be ashamed of, but he will not be a back to back champion and his initial pessimistic assessment immediately after the race in Korea was the right one.

Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace:http://www.planetf1.com/grand-prix/brazil/circuit-guide

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 961 Posts

New motivation for Massa:

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/ma...0-42923-1.html

Massa facing jail if he helps Alonso

While Mark Webber complains about the fact that his red Bull racing team won’t impose team orders to his teammate Sebastian Vettel that would help the Aussie driver win the 20910 crown, a Brazilian lawyer has spoken out on the eve of the Brazilian Grand Prix stating that Ferrari driver Felipe Massa can be jailed for up to six years if he allows his teammate, Fernando Alonso, past for the win, just as he did in Hockenheim.

According to Brazilian Prosecutor Paulo Castilho, Massa could be charged with fraud if he deliberately allows his teammate to take a place that he has not rightfully earned himself, however, he softened the warning with the added comments that it more than likely wouldn’t come to that.....

"Massa or any other driver who does anything to fraud the result of the race can be arrested and formally charged," he the Associated Press. "It doesn't mean that it will happen, it will be up to the local authority in charge of the event to decide whether the law has been broken. If there is enough evidence showing that the team orders are affecting the result unfairly, the local authority can make the arrests of those involved."

The particular crime citied here is ‘fraud by any means, or contribute to fraud, in any way, the result of a sporting event.’

Quick Reply: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix