Brino Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
...Everyone including the disgraced a$$hole of Motorsport - Max Mosley, keep talking about the 7 points he was handed from Massa...
It is curious to note that it is often stated in this forum that none of the contributors to these threads in this forum are qualified to comment on the situations that we discuss; in this case Alonso and team orders.

However, it seems difficult to criticize the statement/opinion of a former FIA president.
I am sure Max knows a bit more about the behind the scenes politics of F1 and its teams than any of the contributors to these threads in this forum.

Disclaimer: I can't remember agreeing with Max on the vast majority of his actions and decisions when he was ruining F1 with his forced changes and he had conseuqently been taken off my Christmas card list sometime ago.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I am sure Max knows a bit more about the behind the scenes politics of F1 and its teams than any of the contributors to these threads in this forum.

I could not agree more, Max certainly knows a lot about the behind the scenes activities.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I could not agree more, Max certainly knows a lot about the behind the scenes activities.
Clearly Max was focusing more on the off the track activiites, specifically those surrounding the other German grand prix competition...
Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Well said Lewis
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,195 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Massa owns this track and has for several years. The question is given what happened in Germany when Massa gave a point by to Alonso and the subsequent win and fallout, can Massa (if ahead of Alonso) give Alonso his position without penalty.

Ferrari got the muligan at Germany with only a $100k fine and no points taken away. Given how close this WDC is at this point, I highly doubt they can do it again.

Massa did not play it well in Germany, there is going to have to be better "role playing and acting" to give up a position to Alonso this time around.

Disclaimer: This is if Massa is ahead of Alonso for this race. I don't remember Alonso's record at this track as Massa has been so dominate prior to 2009 when he didn't race here because of his head injury.

I'm wondering if Alonso's engine is going to hold up with the long blast that is up hill on the front straight.

Webber has got to win to make up for his unforced error in Korea. He blew it on his own, no one to blame, even his team.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
It is curious to note that it is often stated in this forum that none of the contributors to these threads in this forum are qualified to comment on the situations that we discuss; in this case Alonso and team orders.

However, it seems difficult to criticize the statement/opinion of a former FIA president.

Disclaimer: I can't remember agreeing with Max on the vast majority of his actions and decisions when he was ruining F1 with his forced changes and he had conseuqently been taken off my Christmas card list sometime ago.
You mean like what Martin Witmarsh said about losing Alonso, correct!
I would think he would know exactly what went down and why Alonso and McLaren parted ways.

Stolen from Sir A.Wayne's previous post

Whitmarsh: "A massive regret losing Fernando"

Aug.22 (GMM) Martin Whitmarsh has singled out Fernando Alonso's acrimonious departure at the end of 2007 as a "massive regret" of his 20-year McLaren career.

Whitmarsh, now team principal, was Ron Dennis' deputy two years ago, when Spaniard Alonso notoriously clashed with Dennis and rookie Lewis Hamilton and fled back to Renault after a single season under Mercedes power.

"A massive regret to me is losing a star like Fernando," Whitmarsh told the German news agency DPA. "He's one of the greatest racing drivers. I regret that we didn't make it work: we failed to manage the situation.

"This a good team, he is a good driver. We could have had more success than we've had."

His praise of double world champion Alonso, 27, is not an immediate bid to woo the driver back to McLaren, given that at Valencia on Friday he said confidently that Alonso is bound for Ferrari in 2010.

Whitmarsh is however running McLaren with a different style to that of his predecessor Dennis, and it seems reuniting with a driver like Alonso cannot now be ruled out.

"Sometimes we've been too arrogant, we have to accept it," he admitted. "I have been always very open in the company, my style is completely open."

Last edited by RajDatta; 11-01-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Brazilian GP Data=>

2009=> Weber, Kubica, Hammy
2008=> Massa, Alonso, Kimi
2007=> Kimi, Massa, Alonso
2006=> Massa, Alonso, Button
2005=> Montoya, Kimi, Alonso
2004=> Montoya, Kimi, Rubens
2003=> Fisi, Kimi, Alonso
Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,195 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Brazilian GP Data=>

2009=> Weber, Kubica, Hammy
2008=> Massa, Alonso, Kimi
2007=> Kimi, Massa, Alonso
2006=> Massa, Alonso, Button
2005=> Montoya, Kimi, Alonso
2004=> Montoya, Kimi, Rubens
2003=> Fisi, Kimi, Alonso
Thanks. So Alonso has done well at this track with podiums in 5 of the last 7 races.

In all honestly, Massa was the winner in 2007 as well, but relinquished the spot to Kimi for the WDC.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Massa was only in a competitive ride at Brazil for 2006-2008 and he won (or should have if not for the WDC) all 3 times... not bad.

Alonso is obviously also strong.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Frank William's opinion would be qualified to comment?

.....Williams had stern words for seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher for nearly driving Barrichello into a concrete wall during the Hungarian Grand Prix in August. "It was dangerous and I think he was surprised, having conducted that manoeuvre, about how much opprobrium was thrown at him," said Williams. "He was given a very hard time from within the paddock from amongst the teams and within the press and he deserved that. It was very dangerous and totally unnecessary, and totally unsporting too."
Old 11-01-2010, 03:42 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Alonso
Webber
Massa

I expect the Red Bulls to be on pole 1-2, how they handle each other will be interesting and pivotal in how this race will play out. Jenson has nothing to lose and Hammy holding on by a thread, he knows he needs to keep out of trouble if he is going to give it a go. Massa should be the over dog here, but he has been so inconsistent it's hard to predict if he'll be "on" or not. Alonso will need all his skills and experience to bring it home for the Scuderia...
Old 11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Errr. no , Max did not comment on team orders executed by both RB and Mclaren at differing races during the Season...( hypocrite )

There is a lot Max is not privy 2 .....

like Ferrari ordering Lewis in Korea to fly off the track, giving Alonso the position and wait ..... wait ........... forcing Vettel to push the kablamo button , so he would have the victory ...

Such is F1 , such is the force of the "One".............

Last edited by A.Wayne; 11-01-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Errr. no , Max did not comment on team orders executed by both RB and Mclaren at differing races during the Season...( hypocrite )

There is a lot Max is not privy 2 .....
Perhaps Max did not comment until he was no longer FIA president ?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 PM
PPo
Drifting

I picked Button FTW... It would make for a great final race if it happened!!

Last edited by PPo; 11-01-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: I can't spell it
Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Ferrari 1&2 so that says..
Alonso
Massa
Kobayashi

Quick Reply: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix