Brino Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Make that 4 victories and a gimmie for Alonso.
"For sure Red Bull are stronger because they have two drivers instead of one, so they are in a better position in some respects, but we have to look inside not what the others are doing. We have to do the fastest race, the fastest qualifying and who will win will deserve the championship from hell."

Stefano Domicelli..
Old 11-08-2010, 05:20 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Make that 4 victories and a gimmie for Alonso.
We could even say 3 victories and 2 gimmies since it's easy to forget what happened in Bahrain. It was such a long time ago. But I don't really want to get into the "What If" game since everyone could be playing that game. Often in sports you have to be good to be lucky and you have to be lucky to be good and Alonso has had a dose of talent and luck to be where he is right now.

I just don't buy into all the drink my Koolaid Red Bull should have done this or done that scenario. Both of their drivers are still very much alive. So anything can happen next week. I don't normally cheer for Hamilton, but wouldn't it be funny if the two Red Bull drivers and Alonso took themselves out on turn #1 opening the door for Hamilton to take all the glory.

This I do know, this has been an outstanding season and more often than not, I am wrong whenever I try to make a prediction as to who will win a given race. All I hope for is that these drivers actually race for the championship and let the best car+driver win. If late in the race Vettel happens to be in the lead with Webber in 2nd and Alonso in 3rd, well then I only hope Vettel gives Webber his much wanted point by. But if something happens to Alonso during the race taking him out of the hunt, we can only thank Christian Horner for allowing his drivers to race each other.

Point bys really only belong in DE Track Days.

Last edited by My993C2; 11-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Jeeezus , I feel like I'm watching an MSNBC F1 report ....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
I am sure I will get flamed. After all this is the internet.
Be careful.
The Force is strong with the Alonso sisterhood.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Interesting logistics discussion on Speed............are they setting us up for the RBR cars to get held at customs?

Time for the Abu Dhabi poll...............please
What possible influence could Ferrari have in Abu Dhabi?
It's not like they're sponsors or have an interest in some amusement park...oh wait a minute.

OK, so RBR's bags arrive late, a few are missing, there's no power in their paddock, their hotel reservations are wrong, their transporters have flat tires and get pulled over ... Happens all the time.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Be careful.
The Force is strong with the Alonso sisterhood.

Not as strong as the ignorance and penalties flying around ...
Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
What possible influence could Ferrari have in Abu Dhabi?
It's not like they're sponsors or have an interest in some amusement park...oh wait a minute.

OK, so RBR's bags arrive late, a few are missing, there's no power in their paddock, their hotel reservations are wrong, their transporters have flat tires and get pulled over ... Happens all the time.
Please no. If anything shady happens, the F1 season on this forum will not end until about June 2011. Let's hope for a fair and square finish to what has been a fantastic year.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:24 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Please no. If anything shady happens, the F1 season on this forum will not end until about June 2011. Let's hope for a fair and square finish to what has been a fantastic year.
Amen
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
One question my friend. If next week the running order is the same as today and Vettel moves over for Webber and Webber takes the championship that way, as Shuey has done many times in the past, will that be giving in or common sense?

This is the problem and my point all along. Great drivers are in the right place at the right time and fight very hard to be there. This is why they win championships sometimes by just those few points gifted to them by their team mate. If Vettel needs to and does not move over next week Red Bull will do themselves and Webber a great disservice. Regardless of the fact that I am an Alonso fan to the core since he began his career I will concede defeat regardless of Vettel moving over because Webo was there all year long. Championships are not made in one race and this still is a team sport.

See you next week.
There is a difference if driver moves over when he has no chance of WDC and by moving over, his team mate wins WDC vs. when a driver moves over in the middle of the season when both drivers still have a chance of winning a WDC.

The latter was done in case of Schumi as it was with Alonso in Germany and it bull**** and makes up a faux WDC, the former, if it so happens that RB is in a situation where Vettel is ahead of Webber and Alonso is 3rd, obviously they should let Webber pass Vettel since he no longer has a chance of winning a WDC while by moving over, Webber becomes a WDC.

Congrats on RB for Constructors, they sure deserve it and I admire them becoming a "giant killer" in such a short time, not an easy task (although we all know, Newey is a key here).

I also tip my hat to Dietrich (sp?) by being a "idiot" and not playing by the corporate rules but instead letting their drivers race.
That's what Red bull is, they're the company who supports all the crazy things so doing this, at least to me, is not a surprise.

Besides, by doing this "wrong", they are getting a lot of publicity and I imagine the kind of publicity they are after. They might end up losing bunch a millions by doing so but I don't think they mind.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Finn....You are alive I'm Thirsty ..

Anyway your analogy is BS , so stay away from my Patron you drunken Bastard...........
Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
There is a difference if driver moves over when he has no chance of WDC and by moving over, his team mate wins WDC vs. when a driver moves over in the middle of the season when both drivers still have a chance of winning a WDC.

The latter was done in case of Schumi as it was with Alonso in Germany and it bull**** and makes up a faux WDC, the former, if it so happens that RB is in a situation where Vettel is ahead of Webber and Alonso is 3rd, obviously they should let Webber pass Vettel since he no longer has a chance of winning a WDC while by moving over, Webber becomes a WDC.

Congrats on RB for Constructors, they sure deserve it and I admire them becoming a "giant killer" in such a short time, not an easy task (although we all know, Newey is a key here).

I also tip my hat to Dietrich (sp?) by being a "idiot" and not playing by the corporate rules but instead letting their drivers race.
That's what Red bull is, they're the company who supports all the crazy things so doing this, at least to me, is not a surprise.

Besides, by doing this "wrong", they are getting a lot of publicity and I imagine the kind of publicity they are after. They might end up losing bunch a millions by doing so but I don't think they mind.

Can't wait for next week.
Good post and I agree. I think Red Bull will not sell one iota less if Alonso wins. The team is well and firmly on the map.

It should be a great finale. All the guys are great and deserve to be there and I will be happy for whichever one takes it.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:54 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Surprisingly, no one has brought up the fact that team orders were deployed last weekend at Brawn. Schumi gave way to Rosberg, similar to what happened in Germany. This is a similar case of team manipulating the end results of the race. Funny, how there was no flack from anyone, including the rennlist Senior Citizen Society. The soceity, that is suffering from memory loss, is static and set in it's ways.
Wayne, ignore them. They are just trying to get a rise out of people. What they fail to realize is that there comes a point, where they lose total credibility and are not worth responding to.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Surprisingly, no one has brought up the fact that team orders were deployed last weekend at Brawn. Schumi gave way to Rosberg,
Really, he did that? I thought that he just sucked. I guess that he has become a team player in his old age.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Schumacher let Rosberg through
By Andrew Papworth Sunday, November 7th 2010, 19:59 GMT

Michael Schumacher let team-mate Nico Rosberg through during the Brazilian Grand Prix as he felt he stood a better chance of overtaking Jenson Button.

Rosberg, who eventually finished sixth, was on fresher tyres than Schumacher having made an additional pitstop during the late safety car period.

"I let Nico past when he was on fresh tyres as he had the better chance to fight Jenson in front of us," explained Schumacher, who finished seventh.

Rosberg made three stops in the race after a radio problem caused confusion at his second stop.

Team principal Ross Brawn explained that the team had to ask him to stop again, but it didn't cause Rosberg to lose a position.

Rosberg praised the team for good strategy calls during the race, but bemoaned problems with traffic.

"It got a little chaotic but the team made a great call to get me on new rubber when the safety car came out," he explained. "Unfortunately Jenson did the same and there was a lot of chaos with lapped cars so I wasn't able to make up any further positions.

Brawn added: "We made all the right strategy calls today which enabled us to make up several places on cars ahead of us on the grid. It's good to have two cars scoring points but obviously we are not finishing where we would like to."

So, there you go guys.
Teams orders = shuffling drivers to maniluate the outcome of a race.

How come one cares about this?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Schumacher let Rosberg through So, there you go guys.
Teams orders = shuffling drivers to maniluate the outcome of a race.

How come one cares about this?
Nobody cares when a back-marker is cheating.

Quick Reply: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix