2010 Korean Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm so depressed I can't get out of bed and leave the house...
Let me help ........

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Webber had broken left rear suspension rendering the brakes in that corner useless. It also lifted the right front in the air so no brakes there either. So consider possible wheels to brake on a wet track. Even then the brakes could have failed after the rear suspension broke. Or maybe it felt like the car would stay along the wall and not shoot across the track.

Really just simple mistake by Webbo cause the spin. The rest of it was just a result of the track and position of the cars. Rosberg had no chance.
It doesn't take but one wheel to stop a car. Webber had two. He did not skid or hydroplane of the track, the car just rolled.

He's on the brakes when he makes contact with the wall, because his wheels are locked, once contact is made all of a sudden even the left front, which barely touched the wall is rolling freely. I'd bet you money he did not have a foot on the brake as he should have. And I'm sure a request of his telemetry would say the same. And he more than likely would have stuck to the wall had he done so as we've seen many times over. He rolled, not bounced or skid in the middle of the track and then across it. That could have been prevented.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Let me help ........
That didn't help. It just made me take another pill.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
It doesn't take but one wheel to stop a car. Webber had two. He did not skid or hydroplane of the track, the car just rolled.

He's on the brakes when he makes contact with the wall, because his wheels are locked, once contact is made all of a sudden even the left front, which barely touched the wall is rolling freely. I'd bet you money he did not have a foot on the brake as he should have. And I'm sure a request of his telemetry would say the same. And he more than likely would have stuck to the wall had he done so as we've seen many times over. He rolled, not bounced or skid in the middle of the track and then across it. That could have been prevented.
How many cars have you raced? How many crashes?

All kinds of stuff happens. Maybe it was an error in judgment but more likely when he hit the wall, his feet were knocked off the pedals. Even if the impact is fairly minor, the driver is often a bit disoriented as to where they are going and can easily lose focus on staying on the brakes.

I would also like to see you stop a car with only one wheel with brakes (hint - when you lose wheels, you generally fracture the brake lines and there is no pressure to apply brakes no matter how hard you push on the brake pedal. Even losing the line in one rear screws up the bias to the point where you are not going to be able to lock any of the other 3 wheels.) Not that I think that happened as the video does not show that level of damage, but it was a silly statement, on your part.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:05 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
How many cars have you raced? How many crashes?

All kinds of stuff happens. Maybe it was an error in judgment but more likely when he hit the wall, his feet were knocked off the pedals. Even if the impact is fairly minor, the driver is often a bit disoriented as to where they are going and can easily lose focus on staying on the brakes.

I would also like to see you stop a car with only one wheel with brakes (hint - when you lose wheels, you generally fracture the brake lines and there is no pressure to apply brakes no matter how hard you push on the brake pedal. Even losing the line in one rear screws up the bias to the point where you are not going to be able to lock any of the other 3 wheels.) Not that I think that happened as the video does not show that level of damage, but it was a silly statement, on your part.
You must be a Webber apologist. It was raining and he didn't even hit the wall that hard, it wasn't a direct hit and he wasn't even going that fast. I've been in harder accidents on the street and never has a foot slipped off the pedal and if it did, it wouldn't take the 3-4 seconds it took him to roll across the track to put it back on. I'm sure there are more excuses you can add to the list but I'm not the only one who saw what it really was and the telemetry would show the same.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You have no idea what his car could have done. Next will tell us Webbo went into the back of the garage and messed with Vettel's engine mapping via telemetry and caused his engine to pop. Unfortuantly Ferrari would not let him in thier garage so 'nando was saved.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awww c'mon guys .... this is about .....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:02 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Awww c'mon guys .... this is about .....
To the Alonso haters out there, you have to admit one thing............................

His phenomenal performance has added to the excitement of this year's WDC.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You must be a Webber apologist. It was raining and he didn't even hit the wall that hard, it wasn't a direct hit and he wasn't even going that fast. I've been in harder accidents on the street and never has a foot slipped off the pedal and if it did, it wouldn't take the 3-4 seconds it took him to roll across the track to put it back on. I'm sure there are more excuses you can add to the list but I'm not the only one who saw what it really was and the telemetry would show the same.
Nope, wrong again. I am just a racer who enjoys the occasional real racing in F1. While I often prefer the underdog, Webber's years of blocking while in slow cars never impressed me much.

But when it gets so ignorant that someone contends that they can stop a race car that has only one wheel attached, I speak up. Sorry to interrupt the wild speculation in this thread - please resume the BS.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
To the Alonso haters out there, you have to admit one thing............................

His phenomenal performance has added to the excitement of this year's WDC.
I haven't seen a tremendous improvement in Alonso, the driver.

I've seen a drastic improvement in the car's development, thanks to the hiring of Pat Frye of McLaren, the engines "reliability" upgrade has clearly done well, and circumstances with other teams mistakes/misfortunes have favored Alonso and Ferrari. Add in the points gained by the "team orders" event and you have the current situtation for the WDC.

I guess I'm just going to have to learn to accept that "the ends always justify the means"....that and ask my doctor for more refills if the results remain the same in the last 2 races.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I haven't seen a tremendous improvement in LTC, the Pessimist.I guess he is just going to have to learn to accept that "the cream will always rise to the top"....that and ask his doctor for more refills if the results remain the same in the last 2 races.
Fixed it!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:46 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Nope, wrong again. I am just a racer who enjoys the occasional real racing in F1. While I often prefer the underdog, Webber's years of blocking while in slow cars never impressed me much.

But when it gets so ignorant that someone contends that they can stop a race car that has only one wheel attached, I speak up. Sorry to interrupt the wild speculation in this thread - please resume the BS.
Mark for some reason, still unknown to me but I'm guilty as well, F1 seems to provoke a great deal of passion from its fans. Mix in two polorizing drivers such as Alonso and Schumacher, both ironically that don't say too much off the track and usually let their driving do the talking, and you get this volitile reaction. Chemistry 101 I guess. Must be dull in the off season where not much is happening. It's all in fun.

It's not unlike football where you have 1 week between games and you have an opportunity to break down film and either mistakes or great plays. Unlike baseball or basketball where there is another game the next day and you move on. In F1 you usually have 2 weeks between races and the highs are higher and the lows lower.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
..It's all in fun.

It's not unlike football where you have 1 week between games and you have an opportunity to break down film and either mistakes or great plays. Unlike baseball or basketball where there is another game the next day and you move on. In F1 you usually have 2 weeks between races and the highs are higher and the lows lower.
+1
Old 10-29-2010, 11:14 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I haven't seen a tremendous improvement in Alonso, the driver.

I've seen a drastic improvement in the car's development, thanks to the hiring of Pat Frye of McLaren, the engines "reliability" upgrade has clearly done well, and circumstances with other teams mistakes/misfortunes have favored Alonso and Ferrari. Add in the points gained by the "team orders" event and you have the current situtation for the WDC.

I guess I'm just going to have to learn to accept that "the ends always justify the means"....that and ask my doctor for more refills if the results remain the same in the last 2 races.
You make it sound like he has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

...But when it gets so ignorant that someone contends that they can stop a race car that has only one wheel attached, I speak up. Sorry to interrupt the wild speculation in this thread - please resume the BS.
I'm not sure if Webber did or didn't do anything intentionally (I tend to think not), but his car was not that heavily damaged after he hit the wall. The left side steering arm looked as though it broke, but otherwise the car was pretty solid and all four wheels were attached.

There are a number of good explanations, but one of the possibilities is that he let it roll. I am sure if it was Schumacher, Vettel or Alonso, there would be greater acceptance of that possibility!

Now after Rosberg hit him, yeah, then there were less wheels attached!

Last edited by 500; 10-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Korean Grand Prix