5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OH that is just the biggest load of ****, I hope that goes no further.....
Old 10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
rickmdz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Berger: Webber was trying to take out Alonso or Hamilton

“It was very clear [what he was trying to do]. He goes off and he knows it's over. In this moment you're frustrated and a thousand thoughts go through your head. It's very obvious, you can see his wheels are not locked up. Perhaps he had a brake problem, but I don't think so."
They can find out very easily if they are willing to, just look at the telemetry to see what he did. Not good if he intentionally did this, even dangerous for his own life should Nico had impacted on his side at cockpit level...
Old 10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Christian Horners response to the claim...

F1: Berger’s Claims About Webber Crash ‘Ridiculous’ - Horner
Red Bull boss Christian Horner says it's absurd to suggest that Mark Webber tried to take out other drivers in his Korean GP crash...
Mark Webber's badly-damaged Red Bull RB6 is hauled away after crashing out of the Korean GP.

Christian Horner on Wednesday said it is "ridiculous" to suggest Mark Webber tried deliberately to take out his rivals after crashing in Sunday's Korean Grand Prix.

Former Grand Prix winner Gerhard Berger said on Tuesday that the Australian "could have hit the brakes" after crashing out of second place during the rain-hit race in Yeongam.

"Yes, I think that's very clear," said the Austrian. "It's very obvious, you can see his wheels are not locked up."

Webber actually collected the Mercedes of Nico Rosberg, but – according to Berger – he "would have preferred" to wipe title contenders Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton out of the race.

Red Bull team boss Horner responded: "As with every incident in Formula One, opinions will always be made without all the facts.

Christian Horner is adamant that Mark Webber didn't try to collect other drivers in his Korean GP spin.
"Just to be absolutely clear - Mark's intention was not to take out another driver after his crash and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise," he told the Telegraph.

Horner admitted that Webber's RB6 was "badly damaged" after his initial contact with the wall, but his attempt to keep the car going was a "natural and immediate instinct" to get back into the race.

"It's absurd to suggest that Mark would ever deliberately take out another driver," added Horner.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
OH that is just the biggest load of ****, I hope that goes no further.....
Old 10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
You must've never seen Alonso's turn in...
... and you must've never seen the way Hamilton turns.

It's one thing to warm up and quite another to karate chop through the turns like Hamilton does. It's fast, but harder on the tires.

This didn't come from me, btw, but from Pedro DLR whose opinion on tires and Hamilton's vs Alonso's driving style is somewhat more authoritative than yours.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
... and you must've never seen the way Hamilton turns.

It's one thing to warm up and quite another to karate chop through the turns like Hamilton does. It's fast, but harder on the tires.

This didn't come from me, btw, but from Pedro DLR whose opinion on tires and Hamilton's vs Alonso's driving style is somewhat more authoritative than yours.
Look man, I think Alonso is the best driver in F1 today and although he's gotten allot smoother he hasn't always been (idk maybe he changed his style of driving because it suited the mass damper better).

2005 Brasil

2005 Brasil comparison vs Montoya

2010 Malaysia
Old 10-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Ever heard of 'mechanical sympathy'? It's what it takes to hold a car together through grueling conditions, again and again and again.
That's some funny stuff right there.....

Fernando the car whisperer, give him a call and he'll talk your engine into not going kablamo....
Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Webber had broken left rear suspension rendering the brakes in that corner useless. It also lifted the right front in the air so no brakes there either. So consider possible wheels to brake on a wet track. Even then the brakes could have failed after the rear suspension broke. Or maybe it felt like the car would stay along the wall and not shoot across the track.

Really just simple mistake by Webbo cause the spin. The rest of it was just a result of the track and position of the cars. Rosberg had no chance.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,343 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Only RBR will know based on telemetry, but take into account this possibility:

The area where he hit had a wall on the right side. If he puts on the brakes (if he had any) he ends up in the middle of the track, if he doesn't apply the brakes, he rolls off the track to a safer position.

Not defending Webber, as he has been known to hit plenty of drivers when his car is not damaged. Just don't know if he had total control of his car after a good size hit.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^ thanks for the avatar ... reminds me of the 'good' days.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
I'm sorry, but you are dead wrong about these events in 89 and 90. You need to read up on history yourself before taking shots at others.

Prost was leading the championship in 89 and Senna deliberitly crashed into him. In 1990, also at Suzuka, Senna made it public that if Prost got to turn 1 before him, Prost would not make it out. These are on tape in interviews.

Senna was great, but a brutish, cold, calculated ahole on track where he would not mind taking out others, even if it included taking out himself in the process.

Read up;

http://www.prostfan.com/hk/specials/suzuka3-4.htm
Like i said before you run with 2 much camber .....

1. Prost turned into Senna, in 89 "fact of the time " if you saw the race live you would have heard the many chuckles and commentary up and down pit lane, at how pathetic Prost look trying to close the door, because he had no practice at it ...

Obvious you were also not privy to the era, Senna was brutal but fair,
( nothing like schumacher) he had an issue with Prost , . Please feel free to post videos showing Senna having such altercations with other drivers as he did with Prost ...

2. Alonso so called choppy driving style does not exist , he had that style to drive the 05 and later the 06 Renault, it worked then and we have not seen such since. The Finn is being very disingenuous when he mentions such today..

In any effect it was good enuff to dismiss both Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen effectively ending both careers ...

3. MJ !

You are wasting your time with Pete
, his F1 knowledge is very recent
( last 5 yrs ) and he garners the rest of his dribble from Wikipedia ...

4. Bergers comments about Webber is absurd .....

5. Button is smooth , but slow and cannot drive in the wet or when the car is nervous . His performances are the same as they were last year unfortunately this faux champion has very limited talents unlike Schumacher , who actually had some and will leave the sport with that singular gift from Brawn.

6. I hope RB keeps supporting Vettel .............

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
That's some funny stuff right there.....

Fernando the car whisperer, give him a call and he'll talk your engine into not going kablamo....
What about A.Wayne the Patron whisperer ........................
Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
^ thanks for the avatar ... reminds me of the 'good' days.
That one's for you my Amigo I don't know what deal you made with the devil if FA wins this year, but if it happens via con Dios...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm so depressed I can't get out of bed and leave the house...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Illegitimi non carborundum

Quick Reply: 2010 Korean Grand Prix