Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

you could be right there Raj,
Either way its going to be an interesting race to the drivers championship this year. I think there may have been more overtaking done in the drivers points score then on the track.
but nonetheless i have been entertained by every race this year.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going with Webber. A good start gets him out front and that should be all he needs to bring it home. I think the team will get behind him now; he has shown he has the maturity to win the WDC even though Vettel to faster.

Webber
Vettel
Hamilton
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hoping Webber wins the WDC because he has been racing for a long time and it would be nice to see him win it. Plus I think he has shown great character this season in how he has handled the controversies within his own team.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:29 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Any chance of Piquet Jr. filling in for Massa as part of a one race deal ?
Sato was supposed to have that deal. But Ferrari couldn't get him to WAIT for the command to crash. Sato is suffering from Premature De-Carbonation.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Any chance of Piquet Jr. filling in for Massa as part of a one race deal ?
Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Sato was supposed to have that deal. But Ferrari couldn't get him to WAIT for the command to crash. Sato is suffering from Premature De-Carbonation.

Hamilton FTW
Old 09-16-2010, 10:01 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Webber makes a big step forward and takes this one, based on the characteristics of the RB chassis. The key here is to not so much change the aero of the car, but to get the clutch to work properly. Somebody but an H pattern in the damn car. Hamilton will probably do well because I think he likes this kind of circuit, and Alonso may have something to say about it if Ferrari continue to develop their car. IMO

Webber
Alonso
Hamilton

Wayne, carrying over your comment from the other thread about Ferrari continuing to develop the car, Alonso took your advice in his blog:

from www.formula1.com
Alonso: Adaptable F10 can keep winning

Following the depths of despair he endured with retirement in Belgium, Fernando Alonso was relieved to be back on winning form in Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix. As well as being his third victory of the year, Alonso’s success at Ferrari’s home race crucially pulled him back into contention for the 2010 drivers’ championship.

Alonso has been buoyed by the fact that Ferrari have scored more points over the last four Grands Prix than any other team, despite the varied nature of the different circuits they have visited, and the F10’s flexibility has left the double world champion hopeful he could yet bag a third title this season.

“Despite Spa, where the accident on the first lap weighed heavily like a stone, Ferrari and I have scored more points than anyone else in these last four races,” he told his official Ferrari blog. “That makes us even more confident and the fact these results came on tracks with very different characteristics to one another, confirms that our car is pretty versatile.”

After his Monza victory, Alonso found time to stop in at Ferrari’s Maranello factory to personally thank the team and show off his winning trophy. He had previously visited the week before the race and had felt boosted by their fighting spirit.

“I had arrived in Maranello, confident that we could reignite our championship chances, even if I felt it would be very tough,” he continued. “At Spa, things had not gone well, so it was hard to say beforehand what we might really be capable of. However, we knew that, as long as we did our best, we would be in with a chance and that’s how things turned out. Now, we can claim to have made a good step forward.”

As well as spending some time with his engineers discussing the updates for the forthcoming Singapore Grand Prix, Alonso sampled Korea’s Yeongam circuit for the first time on the team’s simulator. He’ll return home to Spain before flying out to Singapore for next weekend’s race.

Gotta hand it to him, he hasn't criticized the team yet, team orders or none.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
Gotta hand it to him, he hasn't criticized the team yet, team orders or none.
Maybe Ferrari will show tribute for his short term loyalty by throwing Massa a crash party in Singapore.....

I hear turn 17 is a good location for that kind of thing.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ray, I hope not, but your joke may have some truth in the near future. To have Flava Flav become team boss at Ferrari may cause me to go out and buy cases of Red Bull and run out of gas before I buy Shell petrol.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=387189&FS=F1

More Ferrari visits add fuel to Briatore rumours
Rumours linking Flavio Briatore with Ferrari have shifted into a higher gear.

In July, it emerged that the disgraced, ousted and banned former Renault boss had visited the famous Italian team's Maranello headquarters.

The visit unleashed a flood of rumours, including talk of a possible consultancy role with Ferrari.

Now, according to the major German daily Die Welt, 60-year-old Italian Briatore has visited Ferrari no fewer than two more times in recent weeks.

Additionally, Briatore was in the Monza paddock last weekend, as was Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, and Fiat chiefs John Elkann and Sergio Marchionne.

Briatore was also seen inside the Ferrari pits.

Welt reports that the charismatic Italian is endeavouring to have his FIA ban reduced so that he can return to a direct operational role in F1 before 2013.

If successful, he could replace Stefano Domenicali as Ferrari's team boss, the newspaper said.

Briatore was asked about his Monza visit by German television Sky.

"I am meeting with Bernie (Ecclestone) and then flying back to London," he answered at the Italian circuit before the race.

"It's fantastic to be back, to see friends and to be in Italy," added Briatore. "Ferrari are on pole and everyone is happy. Just wonderful."

Briatore, who is Fernando Alonso's manager and former team boss at Renault, played down suggestions he is itching to return to F1.

"I'm feeling very good and I'm happy with the way things are," said Briatore.

To Italy's Sky Sport 24, he indicated that a return to Formula One in a commercial role is more likely.

"We will see what happens in the future," said Briatore. "Next week I will not be in Singapore; I am also perfectly happy at home."

The overweight wrinkled up retard had better be if you have this fine piece of @$$ running around in her undies.

Don't go supporting him because that'll force me to find the photo of him running around on some beach in his Borat swimsuit...
Old 09-18-2010, 01:08 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

RB FTW. I think Vettel has something to prove. Then again wasn't FA fast before screwing up his quali in Monaco?
Old 09-18-2010, 10:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Singapore is a drivers track .. Alonso /Hamilton ...................... the rest
Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Singapore is a drivers track .. Alonso /Hamilton ...................... the rest
I guess that Monaco isn't.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 416 Posts

Vettels engine will be mysteriously "down on power" again in Singapore just like Monza. Unless Webber biffs it there's no way Vettel finishes ahead of him.

Hammy will pull this one of his ***.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I guess that Monaco isn't.
I guess Alonso was not the car to beat at monaco ( before his incident )
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I guess Alonso was not the car to beat at monaco ( before his incident )
So? It still doesn't diminish the fact that Webber drove one heck of a race at Monaco, a drivers track.

If your sole criteria as to whether or not you can drive is if you have beaten Alonso when he was in a front running car, then I guess you can include Sato in that list too.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
So? It still doesn't diminish the fact that Webber drove one heck of a race at Monaco, a drivers track.

If your sole criteria as to whether or not you can drive is if you have beaten Alonso when he was in a front running car, then I guess you can include Sato in that list too.
Larry relax ......

Webbo have had the best car on the track from race 1 , by a big margin. Don't delude yourself into believing it is all Webbo , it is not , he is better than Vettel ( your top choice remember) he is no Alonso nor Hamilton , both the Ferrari and the Mclaren are better (closer to the RB) than they were at Monaco , so we will see.

If the Ferrari or the Mac have made the strides against RB as i believe they have, the drivers will win , that is Alonso or Hamilton .......

If the RB is still 2 seconds a lap faster than the rest, then the results will be academic..

PS: How many races have Sato won ... yes thought so .....

Quick Reply: 2010 Singapore Grand Prix